• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quit fentanyl and now I’m having weird symptoms. Looking for help / answers

FinKarma

Bluelighter
So I quit Street fent (pills then powder, smoking then snorting for over about a year or so, been on pain meds from doc for 10+ years now). This was over a week ago, about 9 or 10 days ago now, and I have been having the most random symptoms. I was able to cut back and switch from massive amounts of Street fentanyl to methadone and after a few days of horrible withdrawal, even while taking methadone and oxycodone, and ever since I quit I have been experiencing mini withdrawals every time I eat. Without fail when I eat my nose starts to run and my skin begins to crawl and I start sweating. Doesn’t matter what I eat or how much I eat I get these symptoms every single time. Any idea wtf is going on? Anyone else have trouble with this? I was unable to eat for the first 3-4 days or sleep, and now I can, but I feel fine all day aside from the occasional mental craving or anxiety, until I eat something and then bam I instantly have withdrawal symptoms for like 15-30 minutes afterwards until I take a few oxy and it will stop. WTF is going on?

that is interesting. quick googling found this: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002149.htm

what is your diet like? if you don't mind me asking - what are you typically eating? does it happen prior to the food or after?
i would assume this is just a weird hiccup that will smooth itself out in time, but if you are really concerned and it doesn't clear up, i would speak to a physician.

Happens when I eat. Doesn’t matter what I eat, it can be soup, burger, crackers, or even ice cream. If always happens without fail. I take two bites of anything and I start to sweat and my nose starts running. If I don’t eat it doesn’t happen. It’s so weird.

Well, for what it's worth, I always get a runny nose and sweat a little after eating. I've always been that way. It's a very mild dairy allergy I believe. Maybe the withdrawal is triggering something similar.

I could not sleep for a week going through iv fent wds. I couldn't eat but soup and I'd throw that shit up. My opiate poos turned to water, and I laid in the bathtub with a blanket and a pillow and had no relief besides shake. It was fucking awful.
I even had the bright idea by listening to someone here to drink alcohol to help sleep and the complete opposite happened, where now my parents don't want anything to do with me again.
There's no telling what the hell was in it. People are cooking fentanyl in their houses now like its the new meth and all that shits coming from china. Could be who the hell knows?

I could not sleep for a week going through iv fent wds. I couldn't eat but soup and I'd throw that shit up. My opiate poos turned to water, and I laid in the bathtub with a blanket and a pillow and had no relief besides shake. It was fucking awful.
I even had the bright idea by listening to someone here to drink alcohol to help sleep and the complete opposite happened, where now my parents don't want anything to do with me again.
There's no telling what the hell was in it. People are cooking fentanyl in their houses now like its the new meth and all that shits coming from china. Could be who the hell knows?
Dear God, same man. I’ve been there. I tried Alcohol, benzos, Benadryl, sleeping pills, and none of it helped me sleep. The first week was hell. I honestly got zero hours sleep for 3 or 4 days. I don’t know how I survived it but if I drank I would just feel worse because then I was foggy and drunk and still unable to sleep. I even tried Subutex and it gave me worse withdrawal even though I didn’t take it until day 2 when I was already in withdrawal it gave me full on hardcore withdrawal and my head was spinning and I honestly thought I would die. I had to have my girl take me to the hospital at like 3am bc I was non stop puking up foam because my stomach was empty and she was a saint through it all. If it wasn’t for her I would t be able to stay away from the shit. Even now she’s back at work and I’m only like 9 or 10 days into my sobriety from street fent and I think of her when I feel tempted and it helps me not want to touch that shit ever again. I could have never done this without her. I honestly had given up and was ready to throw in the towel on life. I blew tens of thousands of dollars in 6 months from our sale of a house and fucked up big time bc I hid it from her and she’s still by my side. She’s an angel man. Seriously. Anyway, I’m still having mini withdrawal symptoms think it might have to do with being diagnosed diabetic when I ended up hospital ICU and almost died 3 months ago bc my health got so bad bc I was doing so much fent I just let myself go and stopped eating and doing anything for the most part. And she was there to visit me every day after work. Man I am so lucky looking back. Not just the health but once again my girl. Sorry to rant but man she’s something. She fought with me for 20 years, since we were kids for us to be together, because I thought I would fuck it up and lose my best friend, but finally saying yes to her was the smartest thing I have EVER done.
Anyway you’re probably right. Who knows what was in the shit I was getting from a so called “friend.” Probably had tranquilizers of some kind in it and God knows what else and I put it up my nose for a good 6 or 7 months after using pressed blue fakes / fent pills for like a freaking year before that. I took waaaay too much honestly because I’ve been on prescription pain meds for my back for over 10 years now from a football injury in high school that herniated 3 of my discs in my lower back (L3-L5). They’ve had me on as much as 100mg of methadone per day as a slow acting med and eight 30mg oxycodone as fast acting relief per day. So 100mg of methadone and 240mg of oxy per day for 10 years I had a tolerance going I. And it made my fent use bad to start but it got even worse as my depression grew and all I wanted to do was sleep to escape the pain mentally and physically bc I knew I was throwing my life away and my girl deserved better than that from me. I’m genuinely happy to be fentanyl free *KNOCK ON WOOD* and hope it continues. My dealer / friend even messaged me and told me he was going to pick up and would grab me something for free if I eventually traded him and overpaid later. So I ignored him for days before finally just flat out telling him this morning that I’m clean now, so he shouldn’t message me ever again because I don’t need it and if he does I’ll mention it to our mutual friends. (We were never really friends, but he’s always been a friend of multiple friends of mine & Up until now I haven’t told any of those friends that he’s dealing or using bc it wasn’t my place to throw someone else under the bus, even though I know now that he was taking advantage of my situation, seriously overcharging me, and even at times manipulating things bc he was my only source. But I’m serious about staying clean now and don’t want him, or anyone else, trying to tempt me so they can make money off of me while I throw my life away. I’m better than that and deserve a better life so I can be better for my girl and have a future with her.)
So ranting aside, I still need to figure out how to eat without getting sick now and then I should truly be OK. Glad you got through your withdrawal. I’m able to sleep now finally, but it took a good week or so for me too. This addiction shit is no joke. I watched family members go through this my whole life. Even recently my uncle passed, last year, bc his heart gave out after decades of IV drug use and alcoholism, and his daughter is struggling through the exact same thing, and as a child I swore I would never be like them, but genetics is powerful and hard to avoid and eventually overcome. Luckily I am afraid of needles so I never went that route, but snorting it has the same effect in the end and a lot of the same risks as well. Glad to be clean, glad to have this forum to vent, rant, and get good advice to help me stay safe and stay sober. Thanks to you and everyone else for the comments, here and in past posts, for helping me deal with all of this crap, and for keeping me on the right path.

Also I hope shit gets better with your parents. I’m sure that once you’ve been clean for a while they’ll notice and things will potentially get better. Family’s a tricky thing but in the end they probably just hate seeing you go through this. I have an absentee mom that’s ghosted me in the past, not for drugs, but bc she actually ruined me financially (long story) and we managed to patch things up, as best you can with a horrible parent, a few years later. So there’s hope man, just stay clean and it’ll work itself out in time. As addicts we hurt those closest to us without trying and those wounds take time to heal. It’s hard AF but all you can do is stay on the right path.

• Heart
Reactions: Ds
Dear God, same man. I’ve been there. I tried Alcohol, benzos, Benadryl, sleeping pills, and none of it helped me sleep. The first week was hell. I honestly got zero hours sleep for 3 or 4 days. I don’t know how I survived it but if I drank I would just feel worse because then I was foggy and drunk and still unable to sleep. I even tried Subutex and it gave me worse withdrawal even though I didn’t take it until day 2 when I was already in withdrawal it gave me full on hardcore withdrawal and my head was spinning and I honestly thought I would die. I had to have my girl take me to the hospital at like 3am bc I was non stop puking up foam because my stomach was empty and she was a saint through it all. If it wasn’t for her I would t be able to stay away from the shit. Even now she’s back at work and I’m only like 9 or 10 days into my sobriety from street fent and I think of her when I feel tempted and it helps me not want to touch that shit ever again. I could have never done this without her. I honestly had given up and was ready to throw in the towel on life. I blew tens of thousands of dollars in 6 months from our sale of a house and fucked up big time bc I hid it from her and she’s still by my side. She’s an angel man. Seriously. Anyway, I’m still having mini withdrawal symptoms think it might have to do with being diagnosed diabetic when I ended up hospital ICU and almost died 3 months ago bc my health got so bad bc I was doing so much fent I just let myself go and stopped eating and doing anything for the most part. And she was there to visit me every day after work. Man I am so lucky looking back. Not just the health but once again my girl. Sorry to rant but man she’s something. She fought with me for 20 years, since we were kids for us to be together, because I thought I would fuck it up and lose my best friend, but finally saying yes to her was the smartest thing I have EVER done.
Anyway you’re probably right. Who knows what was in the shit I was getting from a so called “friend.” Probably had tranquilizers of some kind in it and God knows what else and I put it up my nose for a good 6 or 7 months after using pressed blue fakes / fent pills for like a freaking year before that. I took waaaay too much honestly because I’ve been on prescription pain meds for my back for over 10 years now from a football injury in high school that herniated 3 of my discs in my lower back (L3-L5). They’ve had me on as much as 100mg of methadone per day as a slow acting med and eight 30mg oxycodone as fast acting relief per day. So 100mg of methadone and 240mg of oxy per day for 10 years I had a tolerance going I. And it made my fent use bad to start but it got even worse as my depression grew and all I wanted to do was sleep to escape the pain mentally and physically bc I knew I was throwing my life away and my girl deserved better than that from me. I’m genuinely happy to be fentanyl free *KNOCK ON WOOD* and hope it continues. My dealer / friend even messaged me and told me he was going to pick up and would grab me something for free if I eventually traded him and overpaid later. So I ignored him for days before finally just flat out telling him this morning that I’m clean now, so he shouldn’t message me ever again because I don’t need it and if he does I’ll mention it to our mutual friends. (We were never really friends, but he’s always been a friend of multiple friends of mine & Up until now I haven’t told any of those friends that he’s dealing or using bc it wasn’t my place to throw someone else under the bus, even though I know now that he was taking advantage of my situation, seriously overcharging me, and even at times manipulating things bc he was my only source. But I’m serious about staying clean now and don’t want him, or anyone else, trying to tempt me so they can make money off of me while I throw my life away. I’m better than that and deserve a better life so I can be better for my girl and have a future with her.)
So ranting aside, I still need to figure out how to eat without getting sick now and then I should truly be OK. Glad you got through your withdrawal. I’m able to sleep now finally, but it took a good week or so for me too. This addiction shit is no joke. I watched family members go through this my whole life. Even recently my uncle passed, last year, bc his heart gave out after decades of IV drug use and alcoholism, and his daughter is struggling through the exact same thing, and as a child I swore I would never be like them, but genetics is powerful and hard to avoid and eventually overcome. Luckily I am afraid of needles so I never went that route, but snorting it has the same effect in the end and a lot of the same risks as well. Glad to be clean, glad to have this forum to vent, rant, and get good advice to help me stay safe and stay sober. Thanks to you and everyone else for the comments, here and in past posts, for helping me deal with all of this crap, and for keeping me on the right path.
Heroin wds are one thing but fentanyl wds is an entire other beast. While I was in detox in the green turle suit because yeah i was suicidal, the doctor was like opiate wds dont last longer then a few days, i was like my guy, i was not on opiates, lets get this shit straight, i was on street fent. A synthetic, and lord knows what was in it because shit cane like different colors of the rainbow. Blue was better, no purple, no the red, it all cooked down and went in my arm. The purple and red was the trippy part because the liquids in the syringe were colorful. Like they put fucking dogs down with blue iv drugs and here i was injecting blue iv drugs.

I lucked out though because I got into a hardcore type of sober living where you have to make a meeting a day and you have to sit quietly and do step work for like 5 hours a day, I got a great sponsor whoms a recovering fent addict, so theres like a lot of reliability when it comes to 'the shit we did for fent and fent alone'.
He's got me going through the big book of AA highlighting relatability and instructions in different colors. Man because the way my body felt, i was willing to do anything to not feel those wds ever again.

Man can you like check into detox somewhere? They knocked my ass out with shots after shot, i was seeing shit and would get a shot, i even lost my shit and they had to sedate me with a shot, i slept like a motherfucker for the first time in a week, granted i was restrained once and the other times i had zero clue what the fuck was going on

Also I hope shit gets better with your parents. I’m sure that once you’ve been clean for a while they’ll notice and things will potentially get better. Family’s a tricky thing but in the end they probably just hate seeing you go through this. I have an absentee mom that’s ghosted me in the past, not for drugs, but bc she actually ruined me financially (long story) and we managed to patch things up, as best you can with a horrible parent, a few years later. So there’s hope man, just stay clean and it’ll work itself out in time. As addicts we hurt those closest to us without trying and those wounds take time to heal. It’s hard AF but all you can do is stay on the right path.
Codependency man, i love my mother and as i write this im all tearied eyed because she said it would be best if we not talk for a while. Like that was my best enabler and worst enabler. And hearing that shit devastated me, not to mention my step dad has a daughter on methadone, but he helps her, where as me I'm just a fuckup.
Time is something I have now where as being up for weeks time just runs together like insanity.
You should check out our stickied recovery thread and let us know how you are doing daily.

Heroin wds are one thing but fentanyl wds is an entire other beast. While I was in detox in the green turle suit because yeah i was suicidal, the doctor was like opiate wds dont last longer then a few days, i was like my guy, i was not on opiates, lets get this shit straight, i was on street fent. A synthetic, and lord knows what was in it because shit cane like different colors of the rainbow. Blue was better, no purple, no the red, it all cooked down and went in my arm. The purple and red was the trippy part because the liquids in the syringe were colorful. Like they put fucking dogs down with blue iv drugs and here i was injecting blue iv drugs.

I lucked out though because I got into a hardcore type of sober living where you have to make a meeting a day and you have to sit quietly and do step work for like 5 hours a day, I got a great sponsor whoms a recovering fent addict, so theres like a lot of reliability when it comes to 'the shit we did for fent and fent alone'.
He's got me going through the big book of AA highlighting relatability and instructions in different colors. Man because the way my body felt, i was willing to do anything to not feel those wds ever again.

Man can you like check into detox somewhere? They knocked my ass out with shots after shot, i was seeing shit and would get a shot, i even lost my shit and they had to sedate me with a shot, i slept like a motherfucker for the first time in a week, granted i was restrained once and the other times i had zero clue what the fuck was going on

Codependency man, i love my mother and as i write this im all tearied eyed because she said it would be best if we not talk for a while. Like that was my best enabler and worst enabler. And hearing that shit devastated me, not to mention my step dad has a daughter on methadone, but he helps her, where as me I'm just a fuckup.
Time is something I have now where as being up for weeks time just runs together like insanity.
You should check out our stickied recovery thread and let us know how you are doing daily.
Mine was white at first, then a light purplish with a hint of like blue/grey but mostly purple was the one I preferred bc the white stuff destroyed my nose. The purple stuff messed with my nose too but not as bad as the white. I would get my nose so clogged up and scabbed, not to be gross but it was almost like a plastic version of mucus was combined with the drugs and clogging my nasal passages so bad I had to flush it out every 2-3 hours throughout the day. I would get chunks that were the size of silver dollars. Honestly I’m still dealing with stuff growing in my nose that is like a light green plastic that coats the inside of my nasal passage like a giant scab that I have to flush out twice a day now. Which is way less than when I was using, but still worries me. It’s been like 2 weeks now and I’m still having issues with scabbing in my nasal passage. It doesn’t fully clog now, and I hope it’s just “healing” but man is it weird. I wear breath right strips 24/7 and just hope it ends soon.
I’m back on my normal medication and working to get off of that by this Summer. So I’m down from 1-2 bundles / 16-30 bags a day to 30mg of methadone per day (I was on 100mg of methadone per day a year ago, but wasn’t taking it bc of the fent and it literally doing nothing for me bc of how strong the street fent was.)
I don’t think anyone who hasn’t experienced it gets just how strong street fent really is. And it’s not that “enjoyable” opiate high either, it would just knock me out but I longed for that dip / deep sleep. I was so sick without it that I thought I wanted to end it. First few times I tried to stop I was downing 200-300mg of methadone throughout the day and 200mg of oxycodone every 2 hours so much I would end up puking from the withdrawal and massive amounts of medication and it wouldn’t even touch my withdrawal from the street fent. No amount of oxy or methadone does a damn thing for street fent withdrawal. I even tried subutex and took so much I got foggy and thought I was going to die and I was still sweating and puking / in full withdrawal even though I waited 48 hours into my ex to try it. I honestly don’t know what all was in the shit I was buying from my so called friend but no opiate would touch my withdrawal except for more of the fent. Even a small amount would make it dissipate. I’m so blessed to be off of it now, and I know I have another battle ahead of me in getting off of the methadone, but I know from past experience that opiate withdrawal is like 25-30% of the hell that is street fent withdrawal.
I just want to know when I will start to feel ok again. My stomach is still a mess and I sweat and turn red when I eat. I can only assume it’s from basically not eating for a year bc of the fent making me sleep so much and slowing down my metabolism so damn much for so long. I’ve read after 2 weeks the withdrawal is supposed to lessen and be easier, and yeah days 1-7 were way worse bc I can sleep now, but I want to know when my stomach will calm down and when I will feel good enough to start going out and doing things again. Even going to the grocery store or trying to clean the house is hell right now. I have no energy, I’m over emotional, and it’s hard to move. It sucks, but being on that shit is / was worse. I just want my life back already. I want to go out with my girl and see a concert again or go hang with my actual friends

• Heart
Mine was white at first, then a light purplish with a hint of like blue/grey but mostly purple was the one I preferred bc the white stuff destroyed my nose. The purple stuff messed with my nose too but not as bad as the white. I would get my nose so clogged up and scabbed, not to be gross but it was almost like a plastic version of mucus was combined with the drugs and clogging my nasal passages so bad I had to flush it out every 2-3 hours throughout the day. I would get chunks that were the size of silver dollars. Honestly I’m still dealing with stuff growing in my nose that is like a light green plastic that coats the inside of my nasal passage like a giant scab that I have to flush out twice a day now. Which is way less than when I was using, but still worries me. It’s been like 2 weeks now and I’m still having issues with scabbing in my nasal passage. It doesn’t fully clog now, and I hope it’s just “healing” but man is it weird. I wear breath right strips 24/7 and just hope it ends soon.
I’m back on my normal medication and working to get off of that by this Summer. So I’m down from 1-2 bundles / 16-30 bags a day to 30mg of methadone per day (I was on 100mg of methadone per day a year ago, but wasn’t taking it bc of the fent and it literally doing nothing for me bc of how strong the street fent was.)
I don’t think anyone who hasn’t experienced it gets just how strong street fent really is. And it’s not that “enjoyable” opiate high either, it would just knock me out but I longed for that dip / deep sleep. I was so sick without it that I thought I wanted to end it. First few times I tried to stop I was downing 200-300mg of methadone throughout the day and 200mg of oxycodone every 2 hours so much I would end up puking from the withdrawal and massive amounts of medication and it wouldn’t even touch my withdrawal from the street fent. No amount of oxy or methadone does a damn thing for street fent withdrawal. I even tried subutex and took so much I got foggy and thought I was going to die and I was still sweating and puking / in full withdrawal even though I waited 48 hours into my ex to try it. I honestly don’t know what all was in the shit I was buying from my so called friend but no opiate would touch my withdrawal except for more of the fent. Even a small amount would make it dissipate. I’m so blessed to be off of it now, and I know I have another battle ahead of me in getting off of the methadone, but I know from past experience that opiate withdrawal is like 25-30% of the hell that is street fent withdrawal.
I just want to know when I will start to feel ok again. My stomach is still a mess and I sweat and turn red when I eat. I can only assume it’s from basically not eating for a year bc of the fent making me sleep so much and slowing down my metabolism so damn much for so long. I’ve read after 2 weeks the withdrawal is supposed to lessen and be easier, and yeah days 1-7 were way worse bc I can sleep now, but I want to know when my stomach will calm down and when I will feel good enough to start going out and doing things again. Even going to the grocery store or trying to clean the house is hell right now. I have no energy, I’m over emotional, and it’s hard to move. It sucks, but being on that shit is / was worse. I just want my life back already. I want to go out with my girl and see a concert again or go hang with my actual friends

Sound's rough mate, the only thing that I can think of that is making your nose do that is that there's something else in the fentanyl, besides just fentanyl.
It could be some poorly made shit with tons of xylazine cut with it, which ain't good for the ole nose holes anyway.
You are doing the right thing by continuing your methadone, you just gotta get off that fent. You are going to end up having way more issues then what you are experiencing now. Like lose the ability to even use the nose.

We have some good taper guides, and if unable to find one then make a new thread.

To help with the nose scabs I suggest A give the fent a break for good (or whatever the purple shit is made/white shits made from) and look for a nasal passage cleaner, they have those little tea kettle looking things sold at pharmacies to use for the nose, along with loads of other medications.

Hopefully you can get rid of this shit once and for all because I'm sure your girl and your friends want you to do good and be good!
♥️

Sound's rough mate, the only thing that I can think of that is making your nose do that is that there's something else in the fentanyl, besides just fentanyl.
It could be some poorly made shit with tons of xylazine cut with it, which ain't good for the ole nose holes anyway.
You are doing the right thing by continuing your methadone, you just gotta get off that fent. You are going to end up having way more issues then what you are experiencing now. Like lose the ability to even use the nose.

We have some good taper guides, and if unable to find one then make a new thread.

To help with the nose scabs I suggest A give the fent a break for good (or whatever the purple shit is made/white shits made from) and look for a nasal passage cleaner, they have those little tea kettle looking things sold at pharmacies to use for the nose, along with loads of other medications.

Hopefully you can get rid of this shit once and for all because I'm sure your girl and your friends want you to do good and be good!
♥️
I’m doing good. Relative to what I’m going through. I don’t have the urge to fuck up, yeah there are some triggers like the wintery cold smell when I go downstairs to leave my house bc I would always smell it right before I would go meet my dealer and knew I was about to have some relief. But even that doesn’t make me fuck up, just a reminder right now of when I would fuck up. Only time I’ve felt like using at all was when I got in some stupid argument with my girl, but I didn’t do it and I’m still hanging in there. I don’t think I’ll end up screwing up, hopefully, *knock on wood*. Just have to stay strong and work on cutting back on the methadone so I can get off of that as well. Not looking forward to it, but one step at a time. The idea of withdrawing again scares the shit out of me, but I know in the end I’ll have to deal with it again when I come off of the medicine. But I know at least it won’t be as bad as the fent withdrawal was.

• Heart

♥️
Thanks for the replies. They’ve really helped me to know I’m not alone and have some more support. Also I think you’re 100% right on the xylazine. I googled it and the top results were all about how Philadelphias opiate supply is 90% xylazine right now and I even had one of those gross wounds that I had to be hospitalized for. I ended up in the ICU for 2+ weeks and had to have immediate surgery when I went in to the ER because I was passing out. They thought it was my blood sugar which was out of control, but I think it was that on top of the street fent. I don’t even remember going honestly when I woke up from surgery. It was brutal. I was using the whole time I was in the hospital too bc I didn’t want to have withdrawal on top of being confined to a hospital bed. It took weeks to heal and they said it was a flesh eating wound, which apparently I was reading is common from xylazine use. So that would explain a lot. Also the article mentioned how hard it is to treat withdrawal bc traditional opiate withdrawal drugs don’t work on it. apparently not even Narcan works when someone takes xylazine. Also the white shit that started my nose issues looks exactly like the pictures I saw of xylazine on google image searches. It clumped up just like it and it would knock me out when I took it so it makes sense that they were using tranq in what I thought was just fent bc I couldn’t sleep without it, but when I took it I would be passing out within an hour and would sleep hard for 2 or 3 hours at a time even if it was the middle of the day when I would take it, but that didn’t stop me and I don’t know if I ever would have if not for my girl because the withdrawal was unbearable. I honestly almost committed suicide every time I was in withdrawal because it was so horrific and I just didn’t want to feel that way anymore. I once almost even went over to the highway in the middle of the night with the brilliant plan of just walking in front of a vehicle. That’s how desperate I was at my worst. Worst experience of my entire life and it’s hard to admit now to anyone, even this “anonymous” forum of people who have had similar experiences, even though I wouldn’t wish this shit on my worst enemy. I can’t believe how much of our money or my time I wasted on that shit. I can’t believe my friend didn’t warn me about how bad it would be. I wish he never “helped me out” by introducing me to it as a cheaper alternative to oxycodone bc it cost me way more than oxy ever could have. I almost lost everything including my life. Fuck man. This shit is no joke. They need to come up with a better way to help people bc just stopping is the scariest and worst thing I have ever had to go through.

Anything before day 4 is like wayyyyy to earlier to dose sub coming off fentanyl. Anytime before day 4 you are pretty much seriously risking going into precip.

My advice to u is get a great job, buy a beautiful diamond ring 💍 and propose to that woman. She is clearly a saint to have even stayed with you even tho she isn't an addict n plus all that money you blew it also belong to her from the sale of your house I would kill you so you have yourself a unicorn and you better marry that girl.

I’m doing good. Relative to what I’m going through. I don’t have the urge to fuck up, yeah there are some triggers like the wintery cold smell when I go downstairs to leave my house bc I would always smell it right before I would go meet my dealer and knew I was about to have some relief. But even that doesn’t make me fuck up, just a reminder right now of when I would fuck up. Only time I’ve felt like using at all was when I got in some stupid argument with my girl, but I didn’t do it and I’m still hanging in there. I don’t think I’ll end up screwing up, hopefully, *knock on wood*. Just have to stay strong and work on cutting back on the methadone so I can get off of that as well. Not looking forward to it, but one step at a time. The idea of withdrawing again scares the shit out of me, but I know in the end I’ll have to deal with it again when I come off of the medicine. But I know at least it won’t be as bad as the fent withdrawal was.
You don't really actually have to come off methadone you can just lower your dose and stay on it for the rest of your life if that's what you need to do to be successful just keep that in mind