• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quick Question About Tramadol, MDMA, and Serotonin Syndrome

DoorsofPerception

Bluelighter
So, I'm trying to be as safe as possible with some drug interactions here and have a few questions.

First, I've been taking small doses of xanax each day (less than 1mg) for anxiety issues and decided to take a small dose (50mg) of tramadol last night to see if the benzo would get rid of the jitteriness and unpleasant physical effects I sometimes experience from tramadol on its own and also work to reduce any seizure potential. I'm pretty sure I took the tramadol around 9:00pm last night.

So, my question is...my friend scored some really potent MDMA and wants to chill with me at a bar tonight. So far today I've taken about 3 doses of 0.5 mg xanax spaced out over a couple hours. I'm wondering if it is worth it to partake in some of the MDMA tonight because I might not get a chance to see any for a long time.

Obviously, my health comes above any type of drug use and I'm a little uneasy about taking the MDMA only 24 hours apart from the tram dose, even though it was a really small dose and I haven't taken it in quite a long time previously, meaning there is no buildup of the drug in my system.

What's the best recommendation? Is there a high percent chance that I would experience serotonin syndrome? Will the xanax help in that department at all?

Thanks to any and all that can help me out!

Also, I posted this in the MDMA forum, but realized it would probably be better suited here so feel free to delete that thread. Sorry!

The half life of tramadol is short enough that 24 h should be enough time before the MDMA dose. I don't think there would be any interaction with Xanax which is a GABA-A agonist and does not bind to serotonin receptors.