Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Quick question about syringes...

pill_popping_babe

Bluelighter
Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I'm not after a syringe to inject anything into my body, thats something i would never do. What i need one for is to get a liquid into a small opening of a container. It never occurred to me that it might be difficult to get one, but i am having trouble! Any hints? I've tried a chemist, but i got told the legislation has changed and they cant hand them out. Tried friends that are doctors, no luck. Tried getting your typical street drugs syringe, but they're too thin for the consistency of liquid i need to get in it. Any help is much appreciated...

I'm not aware of any legislation change - there's a chance your chemist was just spinning a story so they wouldn't have to sell them to you...
Even though this isn't really about drugs, would you like this topic moved to Drug Discussion? I think the people there would know more about where to get syringes. It's up to you though, where ever you think the topic is best is fine by me... :)

Moved to DD...
If it doesn't get the responses you want, I can move it back later... :)

AFAIK you should be able to buy measuring syringes (that is, sans needle) at most chemists very cheaply without questions asked... for the purpose of measuring medicine for infants, or getting known quantities of liquids out of small bottles. Eyedroppers with volume graduations should also be available. These are good for measuring known quantities of liquid and delivering them to a specific receptacle.
Failing this, perhaps look to chemistry suppliers... you may be able to get your hands on glass pipettes, droppers, funnels etc... with or without measuring graduations.
If the syringes you found are too narrow for your viscous liquid, perhaps try a larger bore needle (that is a different 'guage' needle, I think smaller numbers mean larger bore).
BigTrancer :)

I guess you don't know anyone who works in a hospital. Are the drug syringes you tried 1ml? If so, you should be able to get larger from some needle outlets. Some only stock 1ml so you may have to shop around, maybe try places that offer counselling and other services as well. They tend to have a more complete range of accessories.
Try another chemist...that response sounds like a standard "no druggies" policy.
Pathology is probably a good source...they deal with viscous liquids in syringes all the time. :)

chemists are lying crackhoes who dont want you saying that bad mans word in their store. my tips are go to a chemist in a poorer socioeconomic suburb rather than ones at shopping centres, make sure they know you dont want a syringe with a needle, nor the injecting types. say it is to measure cough syrup or something and you have gotten them at chemists before. hope that helps.

Go to every chemist 'til you find one that does. Ask for a 'sharps pack'.

I recently needed a syringe for a similar purpose, and found a medicine dosing pack from my local chemist with a couple of different sizes of syringe for about $5.
As far as I know, any chemist that tells you it is illegal to sell you a syringe is lying through their teeth.
You could also try needle exchange places, there are quite a few places around that provide free syringes for drug users.

You local needle and syringe program (NSP) should stock a variety of needles and syrignes. If you're in a capital city, you should have a few NSP options. Most regional hospitals also operate NSP services. Contact your local community health centre for details on your nearest NSP.
You'd be after a smaller guage needle (smaller guage = fatter needle). Regular 1ml syringes are 27 guage, so ask for 25, 23, 21 or 19 guage needle. You'll also need a syringe to go with it, so ask for a 3ml, 5ml or 10ml barrel. If you get them from an NSP, they may ask you what drug you are using. This is only for statistical purposes. Answer honestly, as I'm sure most NSP's wouldn't have a problem.
Be aware that any neelde that is opened must be disposed of properly, whether you stick it in your vein or not. There are different laws about this in different states. Generally, you must dispose of the needle in a sealed, puncture resistant container. In some states, you are able to then dispose of this in a regular rubbish bin (like in QLD), while in other states, you must return them for medical incineration. If you get caught with needles that have not been disposed of properly, you can (and probably will be) charged.

Thanks for all your help... will be going on a mission this weekend to try and get one, and will let you all know how it goes. :)