• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Questions about some cough syrup for my dumb ass friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncr3ativ3

Greenlighter
Sooo I've done dxm before. It was meh. Not really my thing. My friend is asking me some questions about some cough syrup he has and I don't know the answers nor can I find them so I'm asking you guys! He has some cherry robbitussin, active ingredients are Chlorpheniramine maleate USP 2 mg, DXM HBr, USB 15 mg. He also has some Equate Mucus Relief with the active ingredients (in each 20mL) being DXM HBr 20mg, guaifenesin 400 mg, and phenylephrine HCI (i think it says HCI, hard to see in the picture he sent me) 10 mg. I'm just wondering how much would he have to take to get fucked up of either and would it be safe?

Here is a excellent source for information on dxm

https://erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_faq.shtml

Neither of these would be safe because

Chlorpheniramine belong to a class of drugs called antihistamines but more importantly anticholinergics.

Phenylephrine acts at the alpha adrenic receptors

The issue with both chlorpheniramine and phenylephrine is that they drastically put out of balance your sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. Chlorpheniramine via mACh antagonism and phenylephrine via alpha adrenic receptors cause the heart to beat and the veins to constrict. And at the amount you'd be exposed to get a psychoactive amount of dxm would cause your hands to turn purple and your heart to beat at a dangerously high level. Consuming either of these puts you at serious risk of sudden cardiac failure.

Utfse. There are many threads on this via the search engine. Closed.

Neither are safe because of the other active drugs in it, get some syrup with only DXM as the active ingredient!

Status
Not open for further replies.