• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

questions about canada

My boss just recently moved to canada to open some stores for the company we work for but she hated her coworkers up there so she just moved back to dc like 2 weeks ago, but before she went it was a total pain in the ass. She already had the job lined up and everything (which you have to have if you want to move there) but they apparently wont let you in if you dont have a high school diploma or GED (which i dont get because if you already have a job that wants you bad enough to get you into the country then i dont see why youd really need that) so she had to go back to south carolina where shes from to talk to the board of education because of some dumb technicality. Anyway obviously they eventually let her in, mostly thanks to the corporate office of our massive company, but it was months and months if not over a full year of work on both her part and our employer's. I think she just drinks and smokes weed now (although i think she used to do coke many years ago), when she got back she told me that the weed she gets here is acually way better than anything she got there (and she knew plenty of people there because she actually used to live there when she was younger) which we both found surprising since its legal there. And its cold as fuck there. Also im 99% sure she has no criminal background whatsoever. So in short, royal pain in the ass if not impossible :(

The GED is at an employer's discretion so she can only blame her own company for demanding one, has nothing to do with immigration rules if you already have a job lined up there. As for the cold well, if you're from the South you're going to find it cold in winter in Canada, except on the West coast (it never snows in Vancouver). Same thing if you move to Chicago or the Northeast from the South, it's cold there too, weather doesn't care about borders. As for the pot there are all kinds, legal status doesn't mean it's always good, shop around. Besides, it's only possession that's legal not dealing so it's not like they have an agency up there that inspects dealers merchandise with a seal of approval stamp in hand. That only applies to medical marijuana, which they grow in some abandoned mine supervised by some sort of government botanists, maybe Cheech and Chong who knows.

By your description I take it you have toured Vancouver's (in)famous skid row area aka downtown eastside? This relatively small area (about 1 sq mile) has the reputation of being the most crime-ridden urban area in North America. Those familiar with the X-Files have seen it countless times whenever a seedy urban setting was required by the storyline, but it's worse in the flesh, so to speak. Tons of shady hotels, alleyways reeking of urine where no one in their right mind would ever set foot day or night would it not be for the need to score smack, intoxicated homeless natives (indians) sleeping in giant flowerpots barfing and peeing all over the place, hookers by the score but not of the most premium quality, who accept dope as payment. Oddly enough the city's main police precinct is nearby but cops I have seen there, except when handing out jaywalking tickets with unusual zeal, are remarkably discreet.
I'm down there almost everyday and it's non violent and an essential open air drug market

By your description I take it you have toured Vancouver's (in)famous skid row area aka downtown eastside? This relatively small area (about 1 sq mile) has the reputation of being the most crime-ridden urban area in North America. Those familiar with the X-Files have seen it countless times whenever a seedy urban setting was required by the storyline, but it's worse in the flesh, so to speak. Tons of shady hotels, alleyways reeking of urine where no one in their right mind would ever set foot day or night would it not be for the need to score smack, intoxicated homeless natives (indians) sleeping in giant flowerpots barfing and peeing all over the place, hookers by the score but not of the most premium quality, who accept dope as payment. Oddly enough the city's main police precinct is nearby but cops I have seen there, except when handing out jaywalking tickets with unusual zeal, are remarkably discreet.

Your kidding right? Or are you just making shit up to look like you know something but reality know jack shit? It's not Beverly Hills but it's fairly safe and the odds of being a victim of violent crime are low...very low in that area. And you can get pills for very cheap . Don't talk just to talk dunce.

Your kidding right? Or are you just making shit up to look like you know something but reality know jack shit? It's not Beverly Hills but it's fairly safe and the odds of being a victim of violent crime are low...very low in that area. And you can get pills for very cheap . Don't talk just to talk dunce.

I can't help but laugh every time I see your screen name. I'm mad at myself for not thinking of it first.

go to nova scotia and you can run around growing dope, selling dope, robbing liquor stores, getting into shootouts, swearing at the judges, and stealing barbecues and the worst you'll get is 6 months in jail where you get to smoke dope, play hockey, and work on your book learnings.

learn french, it's cold, they have some of the most beautiful women, also learn hockey and the metric system. i think that about sums it up. oh yeah, buy a thick goose down coat and a nice sweater. think bill cosby

Actually I have lived there from 1986 to 1990, I know exactly what I'm talking about. Besides, isn't that the area where that pig farmer plucked most of his prostitute victims from? If serial murder doesn't fit your definition of a crime it does fit mine.

hm, i never saw assimilation as something that was entirely necessary

do you feel your western culture is superior to theirs?

No but my culture doesn't brand theirs as unworthy as they brand mine. Respect is not a one-way street, it's a mutual affair.

Halifax is nowhere near majority blacks what the hell are you talking about Kilfer? there is an old black community (Preston) but that is on the outskirts of the city. and by old i mean it's been there forever not the age of the people. Atlantic Canada is very much white.

Down508 - been watching a marathon of the Trailer Park Boys lately?

I lived illlegally in b.c for 15 years withknow papers. I love it there, I moved to Seattle 3 years ago. The interior is very free if you dont need a city near by. The culture is almost identical. What I dont understand is why in Van they got powder dope, but 2 hours south in Seattle all we have is very low quality black tar that plugs a vein after a few shots. Imiss The Fraser River

Good luck moving internationaly with a drug conviction.

It's a con when they refuse to integrate. In Canada this is more prevalent than in the US so you end up with ghettos that look and feel like a foreign -very foreign- country and whose residents are consistently taught by their leaders that their culture is superior to Western culture and need not adapt.

Are they Muslim, by any chance?

nice to see lovely displays of ethnic, racial, and religious tolerance up in here.

Actually I have lived there from 1986 to 1990, I know exactly what I'm talking about.

a lot has changed in the 13 years since you left. in general the DTES is no longer a festering ghetto. the police have done a pretty solid job at cleaning up and things like insite have only helped the situation. the open air drug market is confined to a few blocks, and you can walk around without fear of being robbed in the day. crime is lower than you would expect.

western canada is different than eastern canada, that's for sure. people complain that vancouver has "too many indians" nowadays - 5 years ago it was "too many chinese", 5 years before that it was "these damn filipinos". it's a pacific rim city with a high quality of living, it gets a lot of immigrants. deal with it or don't live here. (you can live in georgia or alabama if you want everyone in your neighbourhood to be white, blonde, blue eyed, racist as fuck, aryan folk.)

there's a lot more diversity and night life in vancouver than there is in ottawa, for instance...

there's a lot more diversity and night life in vancouver than there is in ottawa, for instance...
-------

I like Ottawa's nightlife way better than vancouver. They have a nice condensed byward market with lots of bars and clubs in one area. In fact most of western Canada has a shitty nightlife. Montreal, Toronto, and Ottawa are better than Vancouver, Victoria and Calgary. I didn't move west for the night life that's for sure.

I had a blast in montreal. It waas winter so the weather was coooooold. Like walk out with wet hair and its frozen in 30 seconds. The clubs were a ton of fun and the women....damn. so many hot thin tall blonds with great features. There was a bar called the ace lounge by the hotel and my buddies and i all wanted to marry the bartender. She looked like a victorias secret model lol. Id like to see the rest of canada. Id like to see vancouver for the hell of it.

a lot has changed in the 13 years since you left. in general the DTES is no longer a festering ghetto. the police have done a pretty solid job at cleaning up and things like insite have only helped the situation. the open air drug market is confined to a few blocks, and you can walk around without fear of being robbed in the day. crime is lower than you would expect.

western canada is different than eastern canada, that's for sure. people complain that vancouver has "too many indians" nowadays - 5 years ago it was "too many chinese", 5 years before that it was "these damn filipinos". it's a pacific rim city with a high quality of living, it gets a lot of immigrants. deal with it or don't live here. (you can live in georgia or alabama if you want everyone in your neighbourhood to be white, blonde, blue eyed, racist as fuck, aryan folk.)

The density of Vancouver and cost of living have increased far too rapidly for my taste, and the level of control and rules here is way too much. No smoking in parks, beaches and most parks close at 10pm, most bars close at 2am or sooner. I mean, how the fuck does nature close? It's becoming a no-fun city for retired old people that are in bed at 10pm.

All the creative venues are being destroyed to make way for condos, leaving only corporate shyte. I know a few class act DJs who used to come here but don't anymore because most of the venues now have corporate policy. Freedom is on the decline.

It's a post-card-beautiful city, but its beauty is skin deep. City hall is working hard to stifle small business and originality. Everything requires a permit now, even owning a fucking dog.