Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Questions about Benadryl Trip

caden_g59

Greenlighter
Whats up everyone

I just purchased some Diphenhydramine HCl 25mg and I just have a few quick questions about tripping on it.

Okay so I have 24 caplets, 25mg each, so I have 600mg total at hand.

What would be a limit for tripping for this time on this?

Would I need a trip sitter?

How can I calm racing heart beat? (I heard it makes your heart beat a million miles an hour)

Is it more effective on a full or empty stomach?

Will certain types of music maybe scare me? (I bang $uicideboy$ and dark shit like that)

Thank you any help is welcome

You can't trip, as it were, on diphenhydramine, so much as you can just become delirious.

That aside, I don't think you can have it both ways if you persist in taking it anyway. I mean, it's not like anyone can tell you if you'll be afraid with hundreds of milligrams of diphenhydramine in your system.

I say that trying to help, not to be a dick though. I'd get some real drugs if I were you (or just abstain altogether)

I'd recommend DXM over DPH any day. I've never done a sizable dose of DPH, but from what I've read I don't think I want to. DXM is pretty fun and much safer, although be careful not to make it a habit.

Get some tussin gel capsules if you must trip and don't have access to real drugs.

Me and my homie trip 3rd and 4th plateau on DXM every week dawg. And trust me homie we have access to "real drugs" im weak?

Last edited:
You experience very real, very vivid hallucinations. And homie trust me we have access to real drugs you have no idea?

Last edited:
With all due respect friend, if you have access to real drugs why in the name of high-school football would you take a whole bunch of garbage deliriants?

I mean, I get diff'rent strokes and all, but I can't imagine anyone choosing a sickening amount of benadryl over a bowl or a drink or a line or well........anything.

DPH sucks! I mean just a really shitty, terrible high, for me anyway, some people love it. Still would never advise trying it, hard on your body and can be quite dangerous.

I tried it once. It was nearly unbearable and it hurt my fucking kidneys or whatever internal organ it fucks with. the only cool part was when I thought a bag of clothes in my room was my deceased dog, but even that wasn't very cool as it was pretty scary. the hallucinations/delirium is very real and ime very shitty.

Not sure any set or setting really would influence heavily. From everything I've heard and experienced myself no matter what is usually a very delirious very shitty experience. Music was not enhanced or even enjoyable at the time for me.

Good luck though.

do whatever you gotta do man but be warned you will probably not enjoy it and may end up hurting yourself or others.

mushrooms/lsd/mescaline are all much more pleasant/"worthwhile" experiences if you have access to them. If you like DXM, maybe try some K?

Dunno why anyone would fuck with benadryl if they had other options. I did it mainly b/c I had already tried mushrooms (which is all I really had access to beyond pot and dxm) and was at a point in my life where I preferred to experience things first hand instead of listening/using the wisdom of myelderselves

Start real low and if you have the right metabolism like I do the sedation can feel kind of euphoric but it's not worth it at the end I will sleep for over 10 hours and feel like shit. Like Jimsonweed this sounds like bad news these aren't the fun hallucinations you actually think they are real. Have fun smoking invisible cigs (even if you don't smoke) killing invisible spiders and waking up with a catheter in your genitals while you sip on activated charcoal.

I'm sure some form of natural deliriants around. (Datura, Belladonna, or something of the likes) Why not go pick the leaves/buy seeds of one and use that instead? It's generally better at providing a "trip"... if I use the term loosely.

None of these are safe so I'd just stick with the classics if all you are looking to do is trip/get high.

Along the same lines, LSA is a depressant and psychedelic.

Diphens not where you wanna go man. Very very few enjoy this terrible substance. All around weird vibes during the whole "trip". The whole time you'll be kicking yourself in the ass for putting yourself through it

Please dont do this bro. A good friend of mine did a high dose diphen trip and he has never really came back from it. You will usually black out and end up handcuffed in the e.r
Try safer stuff like shrroms or lsd imho