• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question Switching From Subs To Norcos and Back To Subs

nomoreplease

Greenlighter
First of all I hope this is in the correct place. I can't find the exact info that I need though so I have to ask.

I have been on Suboxone for about 7 years. Started on 16mg and I've had my ups and downs but I have been pretty steady on 2mg for the last year. Now, this last month I have been taking about 3mg/day instead. My doctor is not very understanding and likes things done his way with no mess ups. Regardless, I've been having some personal mental health issues and upped my dose without his knowledge. Now comes the dilemma where I run out with a couple weeks to go until fill time. I have enough to get me through until tomorrow. I have some norcos put back and my plan is to take them to prevent crappy Sub withdrawals until I can get my hands on more Subs in 5-6 days.

My question is, based on others' experiences, what is the minimum time I can wait before taking norcos after last sub dose AND minimum time to wait before I can begin subs again after taking the norcos. Keep in mind I am only taking 2-3mg of Subs/day and AM NOT looking to get too buzzed on norcos, just don't want any withdrawals at all. I was always very sensitive to withdrawals so I'm trying to avoid all/most of that. Also, would my tolerance level for Norco be back down to normal non-addicted peoples levels or would they be high after so long? My opiates or choice were H, oxys, morphine, and dilaudid, all IV'd when I was using 7 years ago if that makes a matter for the tolerance question!

Thank you SO MUCH in advance people!

If you Google "surgery pain treatment on buprenorphine". It should give you all the info you need. Most of the time a Suboxone patient is given 10/325 NORCOs for 3 days prior to surgery then when they no longer need other opioids they're switched back to Subs.

Sorry I couldn't help more

When I was on 4mg subs daily I found I was able to use DHC and actually feel it,no nasty interactions cos of taking subs that I thought might happen or at very least not feel them at all.
I know dhc isn't norcos,I didn't know what they were being from the UK,we don't have them,but I could take the dhcodeine and feel its effects in 30 ish minutes,I hope that is of some help?

Thanks guys. From what I've read and understand, going from the subs to the norcos should be pretty much a piece of cake. It'll be switching BACK to the subs in a few days that may have a few issues. I think I will just take my last dose of the norcos the night before I get more subs. That way, I'll be the rest of that night and through the next morning until I have the subs. I'm thinking on only a 2mg/day sub dose and limiting the norcos just to get by will be fine with a 12-ish hour window. Any other thoughts on the switching back part from experiences would be helpful!! Thanks again!

If you Google "surgery pain treatment on buprenorphine". It should give you all the info you need. Most of the time a Suboxone patient is given 10/325 NORCOs for 3 days prior to surgery then when they no longer need other opioids they're switched back to Subs.

Sorry I couldn't help more
Thank you!!! I been looking for hours for this answer! Lol literally

Thanks guys. From what I've read and understand, going from the subs to the norcos should be pretty much a piece of cake. It'll be switching BACK to the subs in a few days that may have a few issues. I think I will just take my last dose of the norcos the night before I get more subs. That way, I'll be the rest of that night and through the next morning until I have the subs. I'm thinking on only a 2mg/day sub dose and limiting the norcos just to get by will be fine with a 12-ish hour window. Any other thoughts on the switching back part from experiences would be helpful!! Thanks again!

I went to Norco 7.5/325 x 4 a day off 2mg sub a day for pain. The withdrawal was psychologically intense with minimal physical symptoms. It may be different for you.

If you can squeeze your subs to cover the window, that would actually be better from my experience. Dropping to 2mg a day may not affect you at all. Just try to space out the sub doses and try to avoid the Norcos in case you get a UA.

PM me if you have any questions. I just went through this withdrawal in December.

You can literally do any opiate after dosing suboxone/subutex you wont get sick but a norco will not go through the block effects of the sub. With your low dose of sub I'd say just dose when you start to feel that clammy sub wd. Now going from norco to sub you can get precipitated withdrawl, norco has a very short half life, you should be fine to dose your sub 10-12 hours after your last dose of norco. With instant release I always dosed my sub 10 hours after and never got sick. Now if it's a extended release like my crushable opanas wait 24 hours. Pwd I heard is 10 times worse. Stay smart!