• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Question for other chronic pain sufferers...

Trajal

Bluelighter
Hy folks, just having an odd day really, so thought I'd kinda share some musings and ask for advice.

At the moment, I get by on savings and don't really need to spend any money on anything other than the NHS cost for prescriptions and food. I own the house and everything is electric, I also have multiple solar panels on a decent feed in Tarif so they actually earn me money. I have next to no social life and obv no colleagues to chat with etc.

Day to day though, I'm more and more struggling to bother. In a way, I wonder if I should move back to a big city, get back earning money again - I was pretty well paid when I was working. But then I wonder if I do that, will I just set myself up again for another cycle of substance abuse when things don't work out the way I want them to. I'm in my mid 40s and live alone right now. No emotional attachments to cause me more pain, heh.

i get up, have some food, take my medication, space out for a bit, have some more food, maybe play some computer games, take more medication, space out, have some food... and so it continues, on and on.

i see lots of threads with people doing great stuff in their recoveries from addiction, I know how hard that is. Thing is I'm not addicted to anything anymore, even psychologically. But there is no "getting free" for me, because if I don't take my pain meds I basically can't even walk. There's no cure, there's no fight against withdrawal with the light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how far away that may seem.

So, to you other pain sufferers out there, how do you cope with that? Is it best not to think about it, or have you somehow managed to accept it?