• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question about Oxycodone dose

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctt04

Greenlighter
So I've acquired four 5 mg instant release oxycodone tablets. I have taken hydrocodone about five times in my life. I took 30mg last night, along with 2000mg of acetimenophen of buffer, which is what I have taken the last couple times. This gets me feeling pretty good, I could probably take another 7.5mg and be perfect though. The last couple times I've taken hydro, it was after eating a small meal a couple hours earlier to prevent nausea from the tylenol. Now the one time I got my hands on 10/325 hydro, I took two and felt amazing. Does tylenol kind of interfere with the high in moderately high doses?

My main question is this: Since I took 30mg of hydro last night and felt pretty great, should I take 10mg of the oxycodone ir to start off and then 10mg when I start coming down? Or should I just take all 20mg at once? I'm leaning towards all 20mg at once, I just don't want it to be too much and overwhelming. I know there's an incomplete cross tolerance with oxy/hydro. And I really don't have much of a tolerance for hydro in the first place. I do think I have a bit of a natural tolerance to hydro though.

All that Tyenol just is not good for your Liver I would Research on Google how to Cold Water Extract it if your going to continue with this kind of routine any longer.

Oxy is similar to Hydro but not exactly the same. Oxy is reported to be more of a "speedy" opiate than hydro by a lot of people and it is also a bit stronger (1.5x hydro mg per mg).

If you've never had oxycodone before I suggest starting slow just to check for adverse reactions. Who knows you might be allegric (stranger things have happened.)

If I were in your shoes I would start with 5mg or less (2.5mg for example). Wait about an hour, if you're having no bad reactions then go ahead an take more and work up from there.

For me if my tolerance required 30mg of hydro to get where I wanted I would need about 10-20mg of oxy for a similar experince. But again they are not the same and I really prefer oxy to hydro anyway.

I suggest you work up with smaller doses spread out to learn your own tolerance. You should certainly be able to enjoy what you have so don't worry about wasting it. Go slow and be safe.

Oxy is similar to Hydro but not exactly the same. Oxy is reported to be more of a "speedy" opiate than hydro by a lot of people and it is also a bit stronger (1.5x hydro mg per mg).

If you've never had oxycodone before I suggest starting slow just to check for adverse reactions. Who knows you might be allegric (stranger things have happened.)

If I were in your shoes I would start with 5mg or less (2.5mg for example). Wait about an hour, if you're having no bad reactions then go ahead an take more and work up from there.

For me if my tolerance required 30mg of hydro to get where I wanted I would need about 10-20mg of oxy for a similar experince. But again they are not the same and I really prefer oxy to hydro anyway.

I suggest you work up with smaller doses spread out to learn your own tolerance. You should certainly be able to enjoy what you have so don't worry about wasting it. Go slow and be safe.

Thanks for your response! I have taken oxycodone in liquid form before, but I'm not sure how much it was. I just drank a very small amount and waited till it kicked in and felt great. That was almost two years ago. I took a couple percocets about a year ago I believe. So I know I won't have any adverse effects as far as allergies and stuff go. I will probably start with 10mg and see where that takes me. Thanks again!

I do have one more quick question. If I take 10mg and start coming down and take another 10, how much do you think the effects of the second dose will diminish?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a couple days... I don't have an opiate tolerance but on the occasion that I do indulge it's never a good idea to dose two days in a row, the tolerance build up is just so damn fast (for me at least).

I do have one more quick question. If I take 10mg and start coming down and take another 10, how much do you think the effects of the second dose will diminish?
It will be much less intense.

So I've acquired four 5 mg instant release oxycodone tablets. I have taken hydrocodone about five times in my life. I took 30mg last night, along with 2000mg of acetimenophen of buffer, which is what I have taken the last couple times. This gets me feeling pretty good, I could probably take another 7.5mg and be perfect though. The last couple times I've taken hydro, it was after eating a small meal a couple hours earlier to prevent nausea from the tylenol. Now the one time I got my hands on 10/325 hydro, I took two and felt amazing. Does tylenol kind of interfere with the high in moderately high doses?

My main question is this: Since I took 30mg of hydro last night and felt pretty great, should I take 10mg of the oxycodone ir to start off and then 10mg when I start coming down? Or should I just take all 20mg at once? I'm leaning towards all 20mg at once, I just don't want it to be too much and overwhelming. I know there's an incomplete cross tolerance with oxy/hydro. And I really don't have much of a tolerance for hydro in the first place. I do think I have a bit of a natural tolerance to hydro though.

Tylenol does not really interfere with it, but it depends what you define "high dosages" as.

All that Tyenol just is not good for your Liver I would Research on Google how to Cold Water Extract it if your going to continue with this kind of routine any longer.
No need to do a CWE if he's taking like 30mg of active ingredient or less.

Wait a couple days... I don't have an opiate tolerance but on the occasion that I do indulge it's never a good idea to dose two days in a row, the tolerance build up is just so damn fast (for me at least).

Don't dose on consecutive days.

I agree that for best result wait a few days minimum to dose the oxycodone, in fact, a week or two would probably be ideal. I would start with 10 mg - 12.5 mg. If you don't feel much, I wouldn't try to re-dose to capture a high, but rather learn from the experience, and increase your dose if needed a little bit the next time you use. Re-dosing will lead to a wasted amount of oxycodone, and a false perception of your tolerance as you might be able to tolerate more if re-dosed than if taken all at once. So, I advise you dose once in about a week or more, with a single dose (orally) of 10 - 12.5 mg. By the way, opiates induce nausea by themselves, so if you feel nauseated simply lie down, and it should be relieved greatly. I wouldn't be afraid to dose at 12.5 mg, and even 15 mg wouldn't be unreasonable considering what you have tolerated before. Oxycodone and hydrocodone are pretty similar, but oxycodone tends to be subjectively more stimulating, lasts a bit longer, and is often reported a bit more euphoric (there are users who will tell you hydrocodone is much more euphoric in their experience). Oxycodone is definitely reported to feel "speedier" than hydrocodone, and from my own experience, I cannot argue that this is true for me.

Holy cow, reminds me of when I was new to the OG opanas. I would take a rip and then nod the fuck out into bliss, not even caring if I did too much and had to puke, I'd just return from the bathroom with a toothy grin on my face lol.

But yeah, it's been a long time since I've abused drugs like that.

20mgs of oxy might gett you feeling something, and 30mgs will get you high if you just took 30mgs hydro last night

Hi CT...
oxy is slightly "stronger" than hydro...
If you found 30mg hydro to not be enough then I would suggest that 20mg oxy will not be enough, especially if you have done opiods the last two nights.

Everybody has a very different base tolerance level to opiods and for me personally at my base level I need at least 40mg oxy to get my nod on..

I would consider potentiating it with 50mg Diphenhydramine (nytol) about an hour before, this will greatly reduce itching too although this doesn't seem to be a problem with oxy like with some other ops, and apparently grapefruit juice works too but I have not noticed an appreciable difference...
Alcohol is the greatest potentiator of opiods, but is considered to be dangerous even at low op doses so I can not recommend this but I will just say that it works a treat for me...

I agree with the others though, you should really have a break first and don't chase the high...But after a week or so off, 20mg would just tickle me and judging by your hydro experiences you probably have a bit of a base tolerance too...

Happy nodding

*sigh* I wish I could do my 30mg every day without an increase in tolerance and a decrease in it's analgesic efficacy.

Although oxycodone is very slightly more potent than hydrocodone, I seem to enjoy hydrocodone more at the right doses. Hydrocodone is longer acting (in my experience, anyways), more sedative and gives more of a nod than oxycodone does. The peak with hydrocodone seems to last longer than with oxycodone. It's just that you gotta take a bit more hydrocodone to achieve these effects than oxycodone. If your tolerance is 15 mg oxycodone than take 25-30 mg hydrocodone.

As everyone has already said, yeah oxy is 1.5 times stronger than hydro so if u take 10mg multiply it by 1.5 and an "equivalent" would be 15. By NO means does that mean the effects will be the exact same
Though..

you take 30mg hydro without feeling like its to much? I'd just take all 20mg oxy at once, just dont drink.

If you MUST do this and you're taking more than 3 - 4 pills, you should be removing the tylenol from the pills, which is quite easy to do. Just Google "oxycodone cold water extraction" or "hydrocodone cold water extraction". Basically, hydro and oxy are water soluble, while the Tylenol (APAP) is not.

Can Morphine and methadone be taken together? I heard methadone counter acts the affects of all opioid medications. I regularly take 30 mg Morphine every 12 hours for Multiple Sclerosis. Sometimes it works sometimes not. A friend said that methadone is a good pain killer also. I have no experience with methadone. I tried marijuana (I have a medical matajuna license for being chronically ill) but gives me crazy tachycardia. Any help would be greatly appreciative.

Can Morphine and methadone be taken together? I heard methadone counter acts the affects of all opioid medications. I regularly take 30 mg Morphine every 12 hours for Multiple Sclerosis. Sometimes it works sometimes not. A friend said that methadone is a good pain killer also. I have no experience with methadone. I tried marijuana (I have a medical matajuna license for being chronically ill) but gives me crazy tachycardia. Any help would be greatly appreciative.

Please don't double post your question and this is a really old thread that shouldn't have been revived. I anwered your question in another thread you posted in
CLosed

Status
Not open for further replies.