• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

question about opiate tolerance

As this has developed into a thread about opioid withdrawals and Suboxone rather than a quick question about tolerance I'm going to move it back to OD - hope that's okay OD mods :)

Jason, if I were you I would check out TDS (link in my sig) - it's a forum for addiction (as well as mental health and general emotional issues) and you can get a lot of good advice and support there. There is an opioid addiction megathread in the TDS directory or feel free to start your own thread. There is also a Suboxone megathread in OD - link here.

BDD > OD

(ps I edited your post to add paragraphs to make it more easily readable, and I removed the prices as we don't allow any price discussion here - hope that is okay :) )

Thanks effie that's fine with me. Sorry about the prices. I didn't actually read the guidelines till after posting. My fault I know. Thanks for sharing that link I have been reading a lot about the emotional issues and addiction.

wow i cannot believe you got that sick after a month. i didnt throw up after a cold turkey heavy 3 month opana binge. i didnt throw up after 2 months of dope... and i do a lot. if i were you, i would hop of the subs as fast as possible. if you cant handle these withdrawals, subs WD will be way worse for you.

i looked through your posts, but didnt notice the amount of suboxone you use. what are you prescribed?

I've actually got used to the subs now I don't seem to have anymore negative effects. It makes me a little drowsy but that seems to wear off. I'm on 12 mg split into 3 doses. I was hoping for the film but I was prescribed the pills. Befor the month binge I was doing roxys frequently for about 4 months

I'd like to comment on your irritability. It may be coincidence, I haven't done much research to investigate if its otherwise, however I developed somewhat of a short-fuse irritability/grumpiness (wouldn't really say temper), when I was on bupe for 6 months (which was an attempt at using it for chronic pain not abuse, and it worked well for pain for about 5 of the 6 of those months). Anyhow. Neither am I an angry person. I get annoyed and irritable like the next guy every once in awhile, but nothin outta the ordinary. So, those feelings while on bupe WERE noticeable.

I find the suboxone to be a little weird acting. At least with me but its not at all bothersome. I was not irritated at all today. Another day that I just felt normal. Until my last dose for the night a few hours ago. I got a little sick feeling but nothing as major as I felt in the begining. That went away and shortly after my body got really heavy feeling and comfortable. Then for about two hours it felt like I was epierecing an opiate high. Even had a lil nod go on. The last half an hour it feels like I've been "coming down" if you will.

I think that happens in general with opioids with long half life's, especially if your on a rather large dose like 12mg, it just makes you sort of sedated and irritable, the same thing happened to me when I was on methadone. I don't really have that problem with suboxone now, but I've cut my dosage down a lot from where I was when I first got on it. It may be good to stay at a blocking dose for a little while though. Less is more with suboxone, in terms of getting a nice glow from it, but sometimes, especially when your coming off a bender, or a long habit, it's good to know that you won't be able to get high because of the suboxone.

wow ,i remember my first w/d ,horrible rls weakness ,no runs ...would only fall asleep for like a min and wake up ,it lasted 3 days !!!!.... would never get on suboxone for that

I got electrical zaps like you describe when I cold turkied off 11 months on Opana, except mine were just in my head not throughout my entire body. Also my head would feel real warm when the zaps came. They occured most frequently on about days 2 thru 5 but I was still having them occasionally 4 weeks later. During the later stages I would get the zaps mainly when I ignored the urge to sleep. It was like I would have a window of opportunity for sleep where my tiredness reached a peak and if I didn't lay down right then and try to sleep I would get the zaps and my head would get hot and I would wake back up. If I got the zaps I would know that it would be several hours before I would have another chance to sleep.