• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about frequent and almost daily use of cocaine, harm and tolerance

cacachanel

Greenlighter
I'm using low(ish) doses of cocaine every day, theoretically self-medicating because I suddenly found myself unable to find motivation for anything and finding myself unable to work. I'm getting really tired and unmotivated and the only cure I found was cocaine. It's really cheap here in South America (removed cost) and (I guess) has a better quality than in the US or Europe (If it's cut, it's not with any other psychologically active substance. Amphetamines are infinitely more expensive and hard to find here.) I can't afford to be unproductive and also the feeling of being unmotivated even for things I like, let alone my obligations, really sucks. I was thinking about switching to Adderall or something but, as I said, it's really hard to find and prohibitively expensive here. My psychiatrist would never prescribe me too.
How long until I build a significant tolerance, like 50%? I'm using like 0.5g a day, spread through the whole day (from breakfast to dinner time, when I suddenly terminate the effects with my prescribed Seroquel and Klonopin and feel no crash or any difficulties, except tiredness which I was already experiencing before the cocaine).
I feel bad about doing it because I never heard a good story related to prolonged cocaine usage, it's always horror stories, even here, where people are truly honest and don't exaggerate and sometimes even encourage some drug uses. But with cocaine, I feel it's always horror stories.
At the same time, I don't see what bad it's doing to me, it's making me feel better in every aspect and in the days I don't wanna use it I just don't and don't feel any cravings, I just go back to feeling as bad as I was without it, but those are days I can afford to be lazy, like 2 days ago I didn't have any obligations so I just didn't use it. It's also not financially burdening me (but I'm afraid my tolerance will rise and it will one day, IDK, I never heard a single story about someone using cocaine daily and doing remotely well, so I have a feeling I'm doing something really bad).

I'm prescribed 200 mg Seroquel/day (which the dose was increased from 100 mg in less than a month), 100 mg Pristiq/day (which was increased from 50 mg in less than a month), 2 mg Klonopin/day (I use it for years so it doesn't really do anything much), 50 mg trazodone/day (also for sleep, but it may be aiding with depression) and lowered my dosage of Ambien CR from 12.5 to 6.25 after I upped my Seroquel dosage because I wasn't feeling any difficult to sleep anymore (much to the contrary, I was sleeping more than I wanted) and I'm planning to discontinue the Ambien CR next month.

Again, as always, sorry for my English mistakes and I hope you guys can understand me (both my language and my situation).
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I don't hear any good stories about daily cocaine users either. The question of cocaine tolerance and how long before it goes up is going to be difficult to answer. Every person is different and each batch you get may vary as well. Also, you are taking several medications which interact with each other and effect your cocaine experience. Do you ever go days without using any cocaine and how do you feel then?

Taking Trazodone and 200mg Seroquel is pointless- I would consider adjusting your meds, though don’t know your medical conditions

Clonopin you could reduce to 1.5mg since taking cocaine-it isn’t physically dependent though it is highly “addictive” psychologically

Really, regular use of Cocaine pretty much never works, and it is paratoxic to an extent

Abd with all those meds? You should really rethink this-if focus/motivation is a problem, they have medications for that - Ambien or Vyvanse is longest lasting and actually therapeutic -otherwise no one should suggest You binge on a Cocaine/Benzodiazepine/Antidepressants/ Non-Benzodiazepine Z drug(which nonetheless active the “Benzodiazepine” GABA-A receptors- So, do something, find an alternative or try and just party occasionally, however Chronic Cocaine gets a big NO from this guy

The Seroquel is actually because my new psychiatrist thinks I have manic symptoms (which no doctor ever said before - they always attributed it to anxiety), I don't know if he is right or not, I may have both (anxiety and mania). Although my manic episodes are really short lived and rare (it's always aggression, self-harming or spending money which I don't have with superfluous things), and I wouldn't say I have bipolar because their mania lasts for like a lot of days or weeks, right? While I only have sudden manic episodes that last some hours, though I have all the other characteristics (increased energy, lower than usual need for sleep (can function without sleeping enough), etc). He is increasing the Seroquel dosage with each visit since I'm having a hard time adapting to it.
He would never prescribe me Adderall, Venvanse etc because he thinks my biggest problem is "mania" (since I get in some pretty nasty situations when I have manic episodes and he thinks this is the "priority" above all else and then he will adjust my other meds (each one basically coming from a different psychiatrist). He's also really proud/stubborn so he won't accept any suggestions (I was thinking of maybe bupropion since it increases dopamine like cocaine does so it would maybe work).
Anyway, I have indeed increased my tolerance. But I'm limiting my usage to 2 times/week when I feel I will absolutely not function without it (which I didn't stick to this week and bought myself 2 grams today, but was working since I last posted). I'm just got a job as an elementary school teacher and I feel no need to use it at school and feel kind o guilty about using it in the school bathroom. I did it twice since I was hired, though.
Sorry for bumping, I just had the opportunity to check this thread again today.

taking cocaine every day will catch up on you. trust me I've been on it for years, but for 2 years i was using around an 8ball a day. in that time frame I attempted suicide and caused myself irreparable mental damage. it was the same way as you, only doing a little throughout the day. before you know it you need it to keep from losing your mind and tolerance skyrockets. i just went on a 3 day binge doing cocaine and drinking and very nearly got a dui and got myself arrested for having a mental breakdown in my work vehicle. cocaine feels like heaven at first but after it gets hold of you turns you into the devil.