PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question about dream issues after Ketamine, MDMA, and Nitrous

MoreThanPerturbed

Greenlighter
I hope all is well with you and your loved ones. Anyways,
TL;DR
My lizard far too many drugs at a festival this weekend, and now he is having very vivid, somewhat lucid dreams. The drugs my lizard is most concerned about are Ketamine, MDMA, and Nitrous (however, over the 3 day festival he did consume a bunch of other drugs as well, and I can list those if you think they are relevant).

Oh and, yes my lizard is likely an idiot. But my lizard doesn't need that kind of advice, I just want to know whatcha'yall think my lizard's issue might be.

It is currently 12:31 AM, and my lizard has just awoken from another extremely vivid dream. My lizard had exactly 3 of these dreams last night, and this is the first of tonight, doubtless to be followed by at least 1 more.

The sleep that produces these dreams is very light, almost like my lizard is just experiencing very, very vivid closed eye visuals. My lizard can more or less fade in and out of them very successfully. They aren't like normal dreams in that once your eyes are open, they're (almost always) lost. For instance, my lizard has successfully returned to the exact same moment in 2 separate dreams after opening his eyes and moving from his stomach to his side, or even across his bed. TBH, i'm not even sure if my lizard is asleep. It just looks like my lizard is lying on his bed completely immersed in the experience. I'm almost positive that my lizard can wake-up at will from these "dreams."

The strangest part about these "dreams" is that my lizard seems to have complete control over his own actions. Kind of like a video-game, in that the scene is set, the scenario is set, but my lizard is able to control his actions in order to survive. The first set of "dreams" occurred last night, my lizard's first sober day after the festival. Oh yeah, and "nightmares" is a far more apt term for these experiences.

I have read online several posts that blame Ketamine for these sorts of experiences, others MDMA, and a few on Nitrous.

I would love to hear your thoughts, and would be happy to list my lizard's bizarre dreams in as much detail as I can remember (they're extremely vivid at first, and then slowly fade) if anyone is interested. Thanks,
MoreThanPerturbed

PS. my lizard usually smokes weed, and a lot of it before bed. But since the festival my lizard hasn't felt the need to smoke, and he wants to use this as an opportunity to quit, what he has realized, is a crutch. Would weed maybe alleviate these symptoms?

Last edited:
Everyone knows it's not your lizard (bluelight prefers you don't pretend to be a lizard or swim i think). In my experience the thing that interferes with dreams afterwards would be the mdma or similar stimulants (eg 6-apb) - i always have a couple of days of uncomfortable semi-lucid dreams along with light sleep if i overdo mdma, usually on the tues/wed - only when i redose multiple times though. I've never noticed this effect with ketamine on its own (though i've usually done mdma at the same time) - others experience may differ

I've always guessed that it comes from the serotonin depletion, maybe by interfering with melatonin

Edit: just noticed your PS - stopping regular weed use on its own will give you wacky lucid dreams even if you hadn't taken mdma.