• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question about Codeine Euphoria

seek25

Greenlighter
Does the physical euphoria from codeine disappear after a while like the euphoria you get from taking MDMA for the first time?
Or can you get this effect again and again?
Assuming you don't take it too often.

If you have experience with the physical euphoria effect, how often do/did you take this substance and for how long have you used it?

Thanks

Opiates go on forever. Despite junkies saying "I can't get high aymore.." They have so many chances to break free. It took me 3 years to get to that point and even then it can still go on and onnnn.

If you don't take breaks or face withdrawals--you best believe you'll be caught between a rock and a hard place lol. I think out of all the drugs I can think of, opiate high can last a life-time and repeatedly cause users to do unspeakable things to constantly achieve nirvana. If you took it everyday for a year, methinks it wouldn't work anymore. If you occasionally had no choice but to face withdrawals again and again, it will go on for as long as you want it to. It's a dark place around here. If you love codeine I think you have to set limits for yourself.

If you can manage to do codeine occasionally only then you won't get tolerant and you should be able to experience euphoria with the same dose. Once you get addicted and do opioids daily you will start just taking them to maintain and not feel sick and you will have to increase the dosages exponentially to get high. This is the problem as scripts aren't for infinite quantities and you run out early and also buying more illegally means spending a lot more money as you run out sooner and sooner.

I started off with codeine back in 2017. It was an occasional thing (once or twice a week) then it became daily then I switched to dihydrocodeine then stronger stuff like oxycodone, morphine and even heroin and fentanyl.
I can't feel much from codeine anymore. I got a repeat script recently from my GP that is gonna be kept for emergencies when I run out of the good stuff as I would need to take too many codeine tabs at once to get "high". Codeine also has this thing called ceiling effect. Once you get to 500-600mg your liver cannot metabolise more so any more than that is not gonna increase effects. Some people swear they can still feel a difference if they take more but personally I think it's all in their imagination.
I have seen drug tests results where the user who submitted the sample reported feeling euphoria and the sample analysed turned out to be stuff like acetaminophen, which isn't capable of producing euphoria or any other particular effect, so you get my drift. Your mind can make you feel things that aren't there.
Codeine needs to be metabolised by your liver enzymes into morphine to have any effect as codeine itself is not active. These enzymes aren't infinite so once they are all used up you have to wait. Redosing doesn't work well with codeine.
Other opioids that aren't pro-drugs like codeine can be taken in increasing dosages without this issue as they don't have a ceiling dose.
If you want to keep experiencing euphoria from codeine definitely keep it as an occasional treat because if you do it daily you will have to keep taking more and more to achieve the same effect until it's not longer possible to increase the dosage. I mean, once you need 20 tabs at once it's time to switch to something stronger and with no ceiling dose also. Best to avoid getting tolerant but it's a slippery slope.
With other opioids that aren't pro-drugs it is definitely possible to keep experiencing euphoria again and again. You just need a constant huge supply to keep up with the increasing dosages you will need to get high due to tolerance. That's what makes it hard for most people who aren't Bill Gates.

Last edited: