View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

question about 25c nbome

25cnbome

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. It seems like everyone on here combines drugs with other drugs and that seems very sketchy... but let me just tell y'all my problem.
I just graduated and took my senior trip to the beach a few days ago. It was filled with marijuana and alchohol... and 25c nbome. The trip lasted 5 days and I took 25c the second day and then again the 4th day. The only drugs I've taken before this has been marijuana. The second day I took half a tab, and then the fourth day I took a full one. My problem is that (its been 4 days since I took it) that I feel weird. Like my body feels a little numb, and its hard to focus on anything for too long. But when I'm around friends, high, or at work I feel completely normal. Maybe since this is the first time I've taken any psychodelic drug that I'm getting paranoid? I don't know, maybe my mind is just saying that I feel this way. But I also got really bad sunburned too. I guess what I'm asking y'all since y'all are more experienced than I am with drugs, will this feeling eventually go away? I don't want to feel like this forever. I'm also a little sick too I think but I don't know if that has anythign to do with it. Do psychodelics have any permanent side effects? Any help will be appreciated. I know 25c has a 2 week tolerance period too, so maybe the feeling will eventually fade after a couple weeks? It honestly seems like it has the past couple days, maybe the chemicals inside of me are slowly leaving.

Like I said any help will be appreciated. I'm worrying about it all the time and I can't stop thinking about it.

It sounds like a psychological thing to me. While 25c is definitely not healthy, only doing it twice at pretty miniscule doses won't have a real lasting effect aside from maybe feeling slightly "off" for a few days. It seems like you only feel that feeling when you're really focusing on it which leads me to believe that its probably a mental thing.

Last edited:
Yea hopefully thats it. I've researched around and seen HPPD but I don't have that. Or at least I don't think anyway. I don't see random stuff. and my vision is normal.
I guess that's how you put it, I feel "off".
But like whenever I rub my hand on something, it feels different than it did before I took the 25c, but maybe that's just me thinking that, I could just be overthinking everything and really and truly i just feel normal lol.

Psychedelic experiences especially from potent drugs like 25x-NBOMe can cause your mental state to get disrupted for sort of obvious reasons. It's like any other emotionally and physically intense event, your body and mind need time to process it and integrate the experience into your life again. They can certainly make you think about your senses differently - it can be hard for some people to deal with experiences that distort their only tools for percieving and manipulating the world. Lots of people take eyesight, touch, taste and the like for granted and just expect them to work all the time, and then they start not trusting them after a drug trip.

Don't let the nagging doubts bring you down. If you can still interact with people and go to your job and eat and sleep and post on Bluelight, you're probably more in control than you think.

If you've been partying for 4 or 5 days solid then you should expect to feel "different" for a couple of weeks afterwards, whether or not you take any psychedelics. Focus on eating well, getting enough sleep, doing activities you enjoy, moderating your drug intake (cannabis and alcohol will make depersonalization worse as a general theme), and getting a moderate amount of exercise. Make sure to drink plenty of water and be well-fed and rested when you do, and try not to exert yourself in the sun to the point you get heat stroke or you'll feel unpleasant!

If you don't have any glaring problems other than feeling strange when you're not doing anything entertaining, there's nothing wrong with you, you have discovered the emotion called 'boredom' :p

Hello everyone. It seems like everyone on here combines drugs with other drugs and that seems very sketchy... but let me just tell y'all my problem.
I just graduated and took my senior trip to the beach a few days ago. It was filled with marijuana and alchohol... and 25c nbome. The trip lasted 5 days and I took 25c the second day and then again the 4th day. The only drugs I've taken before this has been marijuana. The second day I took half a tab, and then the fourth day I took a full one. My problem is that (its been 4 days since I took it) that I feel weird. Like my body feels a little numb, and its hard to focus on anything for too long. But when I'm around friends, high, or at work I feel completely normal. Maybe since this is the first time I've taken any psychodelic drug that I'm getting paranoid? I don't know, maybe my mind is just saying that I feel this way. But I also got really bad sunburned too. I guess what I'm asking y'all since y'all are more experienced than I am with drugs, will this feeling eventually go away? I don't want to feel like this forever. I'm also a little sick too I think but I don't know if that has anythign to do with it. Do psychodelics have any permanent side effects? Any help will be appreciated. I know 25c has a 2 week tolerance period too, so maybe the feeling will eventually fade after a couple weeks? It honestly seems like it has the past couple days, maybe the chemicals inside of me are slowly leaving.

Like I said any help will be appreciated. I'm worrying about it all the time and I can't stop thinking about it.
you will be fine by the time the sun burn subsides...
play safe, and read up first before you take chances with substances.
don't get too brave

So you guys think I'll be okay after a while?

I mean I can function fine. It's just my senses are a little messed up. Like everything seems a little slow, not like when you're high, but I can't explain it. Maybe the feeling will go away soon I'm hoping it's really making me feel bad, I can also listen to music louder than I normally could, I also greened out from marijuana for the first time during my trip too so I think that may be a reason

I also don't plan on doing anymore psychedelic drugs in the future, I plan on still smoking weed but not as much until the feeling goes away, I've also been laying in bed all day today

It kind of feels like I'm still on it but without the trippy visuals and not as severe feeling, maybe the chemicals are still in my body and they still all havent gotten out yet.

Last edited:
the experience is fresh and partly still accessible
I would not be surprised if you found smoking pot now has a wilder dimension to it simply because you will be able to access the memories of the 25c experiences more so than when sober.

this does not mean you are damaged,
but you will not forget these experiences and they are linked to being stoned as well as to other things that were part of your holiday.

Yes after a few days it is normal to still have after-effects (unless they are truly and seriously worrisome in which case you probably would have no doubt that getting immediate help would be best). We don't understand these new compounds like 25C very well yet at this point so long-term side-effects are unknown. But aside from the acute dangers we have seen from them and long-term issues in people who took high doses and/or (ab)used them very frequently... we have no evidence to say that there are lasting detrimental changes to your body or mind.
You could say you have a (arguably mild) case of something HPPD-like (hallucinogen persisting perception disorder), although that is technically not the right term to use because again, a few days is hardly that 'persistent'.

I hope you had a wonderful and memorable time :) but be careful with these sorts of drugs. There are many psychedelics that don't carry the same unpredictable risk factor.

I got high last night and it seemed like I forgot about the feeling for a while and it seemed like I was normal but just high. Idk. But I honestly can tell a difference whether its my mind telling me I can or not.

I don't know if it's that bad to get help, but I'm worrying about it (maybe too much since it's my first experience). It was a great time! The best experience of my life. I just don't want these feelings anymore. Maybe the after effects will go away in a few more days.

I don't know how much experience you have with psychedelics in general, maybe it is something that is part of the package deal with mostly all psychedelics (something to just get used to - the fact that you just aren't at baseline), but it is also certainly possible that this is a kind of reaction rather unique to NBOMe like compounds or even your own particular reaction to those specific compounds.

Trust that it will go away if you just give it some time.

Getting high is probably not a good idea if you want to recover, even if you felt relief from it... especially something other than a 'pure' downer drug. Getting high removes you from baseline, although granted in a different way than the psychedelic drug.
Just try to find some natural ways to relax, take your mind off it and make yourself feel the intent to just let it go for a week or so... in other words allow yourself time to accept and effectively ignore it for a while. Later you can re-evaluate and see if the sensations change over time and if you can say anything concrete about the effects.

You won't be helping yourself if you put distressed / distressing thoughts into your own head, that would obscure whether or not there is actually something going on or not, and it would simply be stressful.

Feel better <3

I remember the first time I took LSD, I felt like I was 15% high for like a week afterward. Granted I took 5 hits, but it goes to show that you will definitely feel weird for a few days and its part of the experience, something to be appreciated and reflected upon. As Solipsis said, its not going to do you any good to stress about it, you should try to ease into the feeling and find comfort there knowing its not permanent.

PS: Solipsis, your inbox is totally full on here and I replied to that email. (Sorry for maybe breaking the rules with this.)

OP , I have quite a bit of experience with psychedelics and have tried all the classics many times (LSD, mescaline, psilocybin). I too have tried 25c nbome and I must say as benign of a headspace it seems to create it is NOT a safe drug. Psychologically and physically. I had an adverse reaction to a reasonable dose of 25c as have many others and have never in my life experienced a physical safety threat from any other psychedelics. The classics are some of the safest drugs one can use so if you plan on using psychedelics again I highly recommend the three I have mentioned as a rule of thumb for safety.

ABout your dilemma, I trust that you will return to normal but don't be surprised if it takes up to a month or maybe even three. Just wait it out as best as you can and don't see a doctor just out of worry of your state of mind. Unless you experience suicidal thoughts or physical symptoms that are worrisome. The doctor wont do much except prescribe pills that may make your situation much worse.

I experienced a very long lasting adverse effect to a high dose psychedelic. I eventually healed from it, but it took awhile. I never saw a doctor even though I got desperate at times. Just hang in there and try and have a clean diet and stay as drug free as possible until the problem corrects itself.

OP , I have quite a bit of experience with psychedelics and have tried all the classics many times (LSD, mescaline, psilocybin). I too have tried 25c nbome and I must say as benign of a headspace it seems to create it is NOT a safe drug. Psychologically and physically. I had an adverse reaction to a reasonable dose of 25c as have many others and have never in my life experienced a physical safety threat from any other psychedelics. The classics are some of the safest drugs one can use so if you plan on using psychedelics again I highly recommend the three I have mentioned as a rule of thumb for safety.

ABout your dilemma, I trust that you will return to normal but don't be surprised if it takes up to a month or maybe even three. Just wait it out as best as you can and don't see a doctor just out of worry of your state of mind. Unless you experience suicidal thoughts or physical symptoms that are worrisome. The doctor wont do much except prescribe pills that may make your situation much worse.

I experienced a very long lasting adverse effect to a high dose psychedelic. I eventually healed from it, but it took awhile. I never saw a doctor even though I got desperate at times. Just hang in there and try and have a clean diet and stay as drug free as possible until the problem corrects itself.

how long did it take you to heal?