• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Question 4 Any 1 that Quit IV use or has tried to.

S

SubconShushQuack

It's not absolutely necessary to share my story in order to ask my question. If anyone thinks I should not have then I apologize for that decision. I will separate the two to make it easy for those who only want to address my question. I have been clean for 7 months from using Opiates, and this week makes 5 months clean from Amphetamines also. I had already tried Amphets when I stopped using Opiates and it was less than a month before it was like I'd basically traded bad habits. Even though I was using less often I knew I had not accomplished anything worthwhile. I tried something that so far has become the best way found to ensure I avoid relapsing with either.

This is probably going to seem strange. If anyone says it's foolish or unadvised that would easily be a valid argument, and even if much more severe words were chosen it'd probably still be true. I started to go through almost all the same motions I did when I used. Though I walk a different direction, I go nearly the same distance as I would to get it. When I get back I prepare my station the same way. I make up a shot but just use water, and introduce it. Then close my eyes and try to relax every part of me for a few minutes. Tidy up the same way. The final step is a couple hours doing things that require paying little or no attention too. Has anyone tried that or something similar? I am curious if there is any information as well. I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction to find one or more sources of such. It's possible that I'm just really strange and the majority of those who read this are going to simply have a good laugh or shake their heads a bit before they continue on. I have pretty thick skin so I don't mind hearing some criticism or opinions about this prevention method if such is given with good intent. Thanks a whole lot for giving up the time it took to read this. Also a big Thank You to any who decides to weigh in on the subject, regardless of what things might be said about it.

hey subconshushquack no your not weird at all!! i've been an IV drug user for 12 miserable long shitty years!! Yes im addicted to heroin but im also just as addicted to the needle!!! Most of us who shoot up are!! I can't even tell you how many times i've rinsed and re-washed my cottons over and over again knowing there was absolutley no dope, just to fulfill sticking a needle in me!! People like us are addicted to the ritual of cooking up, shooting up etc. I'm in the process of getting clean. If thats what u gotta do to stay clean then do it, but personally for me that would be a total trigger cuz i would'nt be satisfied until i felt that warm rush!! your putting yourself at risk for alot of bad shit that can happen for absolutley no reward!!! take a deep breathe say a prayer and a farewell and break the tips off all ur needles!! its time to take the next step you've been clean for months!!! Doing a great job im proud of you, you overcome the worst its a mental battle from here!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!! PM me if u wanna chat i need support to just like you do!! BEST OF LUCK!! sending all my love and positive vibez ur way!!!

yeah, this is actually a somewhat common thing people do- I don't think there is anything wrong with it as long as you're always using clean works, I'd been an IV drug user for 10 years and now have a month off it. I was also using IV methamphetamine and heroin (I actually remember trying to quit meth for a few days and just using IV heroin and I thought that that was really something special lol). I've found that when I really want to do a shot that using suboxone rectally satisfies the urge somewhat, it's got the same ritual and everything, sure you don't get to see a flash but I can't afford to shoot up stupid drugs anymore. I understand a lot of people don't like to squirt liquid up there ass but I'm a heroin, meth and crack addict so what's sticking something up my ass as long as it's not a penis.

Also, something interesting I read I think on bluelight a while back was that there was some CBT for heroin addicts where they would have the users fix up their shots, get a register and then...stop. Now I could never do this and think its kind of a risky form of therapy but once again whatever floats your boat and works for you, the 12 steps have proven pretty useless for many of us IV drug users (and otherwise), so we kind of have to improvise alone and share our results in terms of what works for us for all of our sakes, which is why I love blue light and a few other forums, but this ones definitely the best-I hate judgmental bullshit. I hate self-righteous junkies.

Znegative u crack me up!!! Right sticking something up our ass isn't the worst thing we've done im sure!!!! i hate self righteous junkies too!! a junkie is a junkie!!! shit i've hit beyond rock bottom digging myself so deep i've hit the core of the earth through to china!!! Why we can't stop this demon is beyond me, when we know the pain, sorrow, heartache, desperate places it takes us!!! what makes this poison so powerful we'd sell our soul, for one more hit??!! I love Bluelight too this is the only place i can be entirely honest and open!! The only place i have to vent and ask questions and get intelligent answers!!! sorry off topic LOL!!!!

I'm really glad this doesn't make me some kind of weirdo. Thank you both so much for the support. Wasteland Warrior you're right I should stop this, and the worst part is most likely over. I also get why this could be a trigger too, maybe it's not helping as much as I thought if it even does at all.

I use to do this last year when I stopped all drugs for a few months. It did work a few times to satisfy that craving. But it wore off and then I started wanting to feel it too. So it was short lived for me.

^That's the risk for Subcon for sure. For me the needle was given up with my drug of choice, but clean is clean you've done a great job and put in a massive effort by doing what has worked for you thus far.

Subcon you already know the next step is to cease sticking yourself with pins, perhaps do it gradually so do your ritual as usual but without the injection, the part where you lay back and close your eyes and essentially meditate - that part is the linchpin in your recovery and relapse avoidance in my opinion, closing your eyes and simply concentrating on your breathing is what I used to do whenever I had cravings, they pass if you stop yourself in your tracks and quickly drop into a breathing exercise if you give it a chance.

Well done on your clean time Subcon, that's fantastic!