• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Q] DXM extraction (DXM,DPH,Ephedrine HCL)

That sounds like a gross combo.
You'll likely extract all three, and in high doses DPH can become VERY dysphoric and uncomfortable including delirium and very vivid hallucinations.
Ephedrine will make you twitchy and shakey with no real euphoria.
It's a gross stimulant but used in low doses as a decongestant.

Is there any way to isolate the Ephedrine HCL from the cough syrup? Because if I'll extract all the active ingredients the extraction makes no sense.
I'll go slowly with the dose but at which dose will ephedrine be dangerous?

Last edited:
If you feel like doing chromotography perhaps but simply using at home methods? Not easily.
I have no idea about the actual toxicity, I have read about approx 25mg/kg as a conservative guess.
I really wouldn't bother with this at all, the extra ingredients would make the experience very uncomfortable.
If you are unable to find better drugs or DXM only cough syrup then simply do neither, DXM is a shitty enough drug on its own (in my opinion)

If you don't mind could you mention the concentration of each ingredient contained in the syrup?

You don't want to go above 120 mg if I remember correctly, that's the max dose on the box and in this case the box has good info. 120mg is still a strong dose, you know your limits. If you have had heart problems, take other medicines like DXM that raise your blood pressure, have a family history of heart attack/stroke (especially at a young age) you should not be taking ephedrine.

Good luck with the extraction buddy!

If you feel like doing chromotography perhaps but simply using at home methods? Not easily.
I have no idea about the actual toxicity, I have read about approx 25mg/kg as a conservative guess.
I really wouldn't bother with this at all, the extra ingredients would make the experience very uncomfortable.
If you are unable to find better drugs or DXM only cough syrup then simply do neither, DXM is a shitty enough drug on its own (in my opinion)

If you don't mind could you mention the concentration of each ingredient contained in the syrup?

Thanks. I like different experiences. Thats why I want to try DXM.
DXM:12.5 mg/ml
DPH: 12.5 mg/ml
Ephedrine HCL: 10 mg/ml

You don't want to go above 120 mg if I remember correctly, that's the max dose on the box and in this case the box has good info. 120mg is still a strong dose, you know your limits. If you have had heart problems, take other medicines like DXM that raise your blood pressure, have a family history of heart attack/stroke (especially at a young age) you should not be taking ephedrine.

Good luck with the extraction buddy!

Thanks.

Chances seem likely that youll end up extracting all ingredients. Although i really have no idea, but if that did happen you would probably be ingesting a pretty dangerous combination especially if you're attempting to push the dosage up into DXM trip territory. I would stay away from that personally and do more research about how you can obtain a safer preparation or different substance to experiment with.

You will definitely be pushing into dangerous territory with the ephedrine, and into the territory for a VERY uncomfortable experience with the DPH.
I know you say you like different experiences, but I seriously think you should reconsider.
Those concentrations of the other two are very high, and even a light DXM trip would give you a strong DPH trip coupled with possible complications from the ephedrine.