View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Putting RCs into capsules

StanleyJobson

Ex-Bluelighter
So apparently 2C-B has the consistency of cocaine instead of salt, which is what I was hoping it would be like. Measuring out small amounts where 5 mg matters can be tricky when it cakes onto the weighing platform, and putting it into caps can be tricky as well. Has anyone mastered a method of doing this?

If you must use capsules there isn't much of a way to be completely accurate in transfer.
I use a bent playing card to transfer my material into my capsules so perhaps laying the card on your weighing platform, taring it, and then weighing as such would reduce the loss
Volumetric dosing however is much more accurate and very easy to do.
I usually make concentrations of 1mg/ml so even with something like kitchen measuring spoons the doses are still reliable

For volumetric dosing, I just toss it all in some water and then do maths? Would I need to throw it in distilled water? Would lemonade work? Does it affect the shelf life or whatever? Would I need to keep it in a freezer or fridge? Where is the land of ooo??

I would use distilled water even though 2c-x compounds are very stable, and yea if you use 1mg/ml concentration you won't need much math, I usually throw some vodka in to keep free from bacteria.
Soooo say you have 500mg 2c-b you would use 470ml DI water and 30ml vodka and throw it all together; I would use hot water to promote faster dissolution, sometimes the powder clumps and takes a lot of agitation to dissolve.
I have stored 2c-e like this for years at room temperature with no noticeable loss in potency.
And the land of ooo is a far away place in a not too distant future. It is filled with kingdoms made of entirely of candy and of ice.
There are witches and wizards and korean speaking rainbow unicorns and much adventure to be had :)

Cool, thanks. One more question, what materials would I need. Some beakers and shit that I could get from some kitchen store?

And the land of ooo is a far away place in a not too distant future. It is filled with kingdoms made of entirely of candy and of ice.
There are witches and wizards and korean speaking rainbow unicorns and much adventure to be had :)
So, Detroit?

Hahahaha naw dude just a mg scale, some measuring cups and measuring spoons, some DI water, and an empty bottle of sufficient size to hold the solution.
The DI water you can get from any pharmacy/drug store.
The beauty about using a low concentration like 1mg/mL your doses end up being accurate even without not too accurate of equipe

I use a standard straw for weighing all my drugs. When trying to fill up capsules, what I'll do is take the larger half of the capsule, weigh it, and write the weight down. Let's say the half of the capsule weighs exactly 100mg. Now, with a size 0 (or is it 00 that I use? I don't remember, anyway!) a straw fits perfectly inside the bigger half. So, I'll scoop a little bit of powder into the straw, and pour it into the capsule. Now, I'll reweigh my half of the capsule with the substance in it, and the difference in weight is how much substance is in it. So if the capsule now weighs 105mg, I have 5mg of substance in there. Get it? Good. Now, enjoy!

Holy toast....for real you hae stored stuff for years in a bottle of solution? Does that really work??

Zero out the weight of the capsul and weigh it in a cap direct. I haven't noticed and real weight fluctuation between caps. It could help prevent loss from weight tray transfer. Also 2cb I recommend 8 if not 10 mg

For volumetric dosing, I just toss it all in some water and then do maths? Would I need to throw it in distilled water? Would lemonade work? Does it affect the shelf life or whatever? Would I need to keep it in a freezer or fridge? Where is the land of ooo??
No, lemonade will grow bacteria.
What I do to reduce loss and increase accuracy is to weigh your product(the more you weigh at a time the better), put the product directly in a 10-60 ml. syringe and then suck the water/EtOH into the same syringe. shake it up and squirt it into whatever storage container you have, and then use an insulin syringe to dose.
It actually works very well to just leave it in the syringe, especially if it is a 10 ml as you can very accurately dose from it.
Keep the lions share in the freezer and what will be used in the next week or three in the fridge.

Holy toast....for real you hae stored stuff for years in a bottle of solution? Does that really work??

Absolutely, I stored 2c-e in a solution of ethanol and DI water for two years.
It won't work with tryptamines like 4-aco-dmt or 4-ho-mipt because they are not very stable compounds and will degrade in solution.
2c-x compounds don't seem to have this issue and I have not heard about people having issues with DOx compounds either.
To be entirely safe it may be better to only make solution of what you plan to consume in about a year, whether it's 100mg or 250mg etc

Hahahaha naw dude just a mg scale, some measuring cups and measuring spoons, some DI water, and an empty bottle of sufficient size to hold the solution.
The DI water you can get from any pharmacy/drug store.
The beauty about using a low concentration like 1mg/mL your doses end up being accurate even without not too accurate of equipe

I wouldn't use measuring spoons just because it's so easy to get oral syringes and they're much more accurate and easier to use (ie, no spillage over the top of a spoon, etc). You can get a nice oral syringe at a pharmacy for a dollar or two, or you can ask them for some for free.

Also (not directed at you but the OP), you need to just measure the liquid beforehand and then throw the chemical in it. I usually use vodka or something as the entire liquid but at least use half vodka or something (or any alcohol). The alcohol will prevent bacterial growth over the long term. Definitely use distilled water too. I usually just make a liquid measurement solution out of a portion of my dry chemical at a time just because stored dry it's even more stable, but whatever you prefer.

So if you weigh out 100mg of 2C-B (or whatever), then get a jar or vial and put 100mL of liquid in. Then toss in the 100mg and stir until it's completely dissolved. Most chemicals (especially the 2C-Xs and most other phenethylamine salts) will dissolve up to 20 or 30mg/mL, or even more, so it should be any problem at all to get it all to dissolve. Once it's dissolved, it will be equally distributed throughout the liquid and you don't even need to stir before you dose or anything, it basically becomes part of the water, for all intents and purposes anyway. If you wanted to dose 20mg, you'd use your oral syringe to suck up 20mg and just squirt it into your mouth or into water or something and drink it.

Zero out the weight of the capsul and weigh it in a cap direct. I haven't noticed and real weight fluctuation between caps. It could help prevent loss from weight tray transfer. Also 2cb I recommend 8 if not 10 mg

If you don't have an expensive scale it's more accurate if you don't zero it out first and just do some math. I usually actually just do this to weigh stuff and it works well: Put the weighing tray on the scale, or if your scale has the tray built in, put a folded piece of card or something on it. It will read, say, 2680mg. Then if you want to weigh out 20mg, put the chemical on there until it reads 2700mg (2700-2680 = 20). It seems that the cheap scales are less accurate when they're reading a very low number than when they're reading a higher number. That's what I've noticed.

I prefer waxed paper that snowseals / ponypacks are made of... only folded diagonally you create a ridged tip that you can aim into a capsule. Having waxed paper prevents powders or crystals from sticking so you can smoothly 'pour' it.

I don't really follow dizzybonne because I don't see the advantage of having to aim some powder into a straw over aiming it directly into a capsule. It's the part how you get it in there that is interesting, otherwise it seems like just moving your problem.

It could be that the problem with some scales is that close to zero there is automatic adjustment via the weighing / measuring software of the balance? At least that is one possible explanation I can offer. I have an advanced scale, that has some pretty interesting modes of switching between steady and less sensitive measuring, and accuracy. I think when you try to invoke the most sensitivity or the most accuracy out of your device, you need to understand how you balance tries to compensate for any weaknesses. Re-weighing a number of times can of course improve reliability over just one try... and plenty of scales have automated versions of that. Taking advantage of the options can have a lot to offer but in the first place you need to avoid screwing yourself over by picking wrong options for some circumscance.

Also: a metal lab spatula is probably one of the best drug paraphernalia investments I ever made. ;)

I use the back, wide end of the tweezers that came with my scale for that purpose. And for the record I have an AWS Gemini-20 scale, cost me like $25 including shipping on Amazon. There's no reason anyone who uses RCs should not have one... if you can afford RCs, you can afford a scale.

... if you can afford RCs, you can afford a scale.
tumblr_mp4syfUUul1st7ww5o1_400.gif

If you don't have an expensive scale it's more accurate if you don't zero it out first and just do some math. I usually actually just do this to weigh stuff and it works well: Put the weighing tray on the scale, or if your scale has the tray built in, put a folded piece of card or something on it. It will read, say, 2680mg. Then if you want to weigh out 20mg, put the chemical on there until it reads 2700mg (2700-2680 = 20). It seems that the cheap scales are less accurate when they're reading a very low number than when they're reading a higher number. That's what I've noticed.
I usually add like you say when I only want to measure 5-10 mg as my cheap US scale seems to not start weighing right until 10 mg. Anything above that I just zero out each capsule half and by the end reweigh after I zero out a full capsule and I'm usually good although there may be slight forgivable differences of a mg or two

@stanley: dodgeball don't eyeball?

I used to have an encapsulator, was fun for racetams and stuff like that but I can't say I miss it. Don't take tnootropics etc daily anymore and I'd rather just weigh things individually on the spot..
Anyway I wouldn't say no to a cute little weighing tray... the pointed ones only tho, and an indispensible one would be nicer IMO, like the one that came with my small DX jewel scale

20156-1-3.jpg

I usually weigh the RC in the cheap scale and then mix that amount with water or juice and chug it. With psychedelic RC's, it's good to aim for low to moderate doses so that when you go a little over the desired amount, you'll be moderately to moderately severely tripping and not tripping to the point of tripping balls. Some material always get stuck on the metal tray, but I mix the metal tray in the water/juice. I clean the tray with water and rubbing alcohol afterwards. Waste not what not. Weighing scales are also good for nootropics. I'm thinking of getting hydrafinil(fluorenol) and maybe some phenylpiracetam hydrazide. I love trying new RC's if a few people tried them first. Fluorenol and phenylpiracetam hydrazide seem very promising as nootropics from what I read.

I hope your metal is somehow resistent to drugs you weigh some of which are probably quite acidic / salty, dissolved into water. Don't think you want to dissolve say ionic aluminum?

Oh I remember how twice I corroded / dissolved the plastics my scales are made of. Once a big kitchen scale I spilled drops of GBL on and another time a small jewel scale I spilled acetone on when I was making my own noid blend.

I use a folded piece of paper or card to put on the tray, and then the chemicals all come off of it easily without needing to wash a tray. Or as Solipsis said wax paper would work even better.