Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pure MDMA - is it a myth?

psytaco

Bluelighter
I have been offered pure MDMA (at what I think is a high price - but I can't tell you the price coz its against guidelines). I was wondering how do you tell if the product is the real deal? Is pure MDMA usually sold in powder or crystal form? What colour is it? Also, I seriously doubt any illict drug is ever pure - but is there a way to tell if it is high in purity?
Also what kind of different effects can I expect from 'pure' MDMA compared to pills (not the adulerated kind, but MDxx or MDMA pills). What is the best way to take it?
Also if anyone wants to share any other knowledge on the matter or share some experiences with 'pure' MDMA please feel free.

My friend mentioned that he can get MDMA caps. I said I didn't think it was likely that they'd be pure MDMA, but he seemed pretty certain, and he's fairly connected
Anyone else heard of these caps?

umm.. i guess you can't tell. I've had mdma crystals, in Melb, a few times over the years. Some of which have been pretty darn good. Powder is generally a bit more suspect. Definately look OUTSIDE the rave scene for pure anything lol

Pure MDMA on the blackmarket is nearly impossible to obtain as it hasnt had all other residue chemicals removed from the final product this is why its a yellow or grey color, the pure form is a flawless white crystal which only a real Lab could make not a backyard lab and also to get it 100% clean of all impurities isnt worth the trouble for blackmarket sales as you lose alot doing so.

I have seen it as a greyish wet colored base looking substance and also a yellowish colored crystal & even a whitishbrown snowflake look.

i have found them to be ok but the color is of putting as thats all the dirty chems that havent been flushed from the final product so usually next day feeling like absolute crap.

The thing is usually whats made in australia is shit and the aboved mentioned ends up in pills so your taking crap no matter what you do unless of course the stuffs imported then your more than likely to get a much cleaner product.

Also Caps can be cut more so the first time you get one might be awesome but next one might be cut to make more profit, this is why pills are the better option.

Another thing you should take into account is if someone has average pills they sometimes crush them up and put them each into a individual cap and sell it for more as a crushed up pill doesnt need to be digested by your stomach acids & hits you alot harder and quicker.

Last edited:
I'd consider researching the UK/Europe Dru discussion pages of Bluelight and the UK pages on Pillreports. There are several threads, photos and discussion on MDMA powder and crystal.

In the UK nowadays, it seems it has become more readily available than when I last visited.

Good luck.

I saw some brown crystal MDMA in the not to distant past, it was the absolute shiznit, easily as good as any silver/grey or white crystal I've had... First time I'd rolled in over a year and, man, I can't remember half the night.

A couple of years ago I had what seemed to be pretty pure MDMA. It was a browny, yellow powder and 100mg really got you going. Six hours of absolute bliss.

Had access to it for ages until one day the flow stopped. That was a sad day. :(

How pure was it? I can't be sure, but it was definitely up there.

Thanks for the responses guys.
So do the effects differ much from pills?

Probably, considering the reputed quality of pills these days. I remember pills that were equally as good, they even smelt like crystal MDMA. But if you dose up at about 120mg it should be better than most pills, if the quality is up to scratch. What's the colour/consistency of your MDMA?

I've seen it come and go over the years. Most of the stuff i saw was off white crystals, sometimes beige/off white powder. Seen other powders that were supposedly 'pure' mdma, but can't be sure, they looked pretty jumped on.
All of it has been really wicked though, 100-120mg of it and you're so completely blissed out it's not funny. Feels much 'clearer' and 'shiney' if that makes sense?
Came across some last new years eve actually, but did'nt have any, looked pretty cut (white powder).
I found MDMA was much easier to obtain at least for myself back in the 90's.
MDA powder was much more common in the group of people I raved with back then though, grams were cheap and easy to get.

I tend to think the colour of the MDMA. especially when in crystal form, only makes up a minuscule amount when it comes to impurities.

Oooh I feel special, someone linked my old thread :p

I wrote that thread over a year ago and I still haven't found what I'm looking for. PURE mdma (I would call anything over 90% 'pure') is just extrememly rare in Aus. The mdma powder you're getting is most likely higher quality and has less active cuts (e.g. meth, K, DXM etc.) than pills, but it's unlikely to be 'pure'. I would, as someone suggested, open up the capsule to have a look at the product first - make sure it's not just a ground up pill - and then just get 1 as a tester, if it is great, get more of them I guess.

The only time I ever came across "pure" mdma it was a beige/tan color and appeared like small fine crystals. I imagine if it looks "powdery" instead of like crystal then it is probably a ground up pill. It was similar in effect to some of the "cleanest" pills I've had, though there was no energy at all, essentially just being a "touchy/feely" loved up feeling. I believe that almost all "clean" pills contain not just MDMA but also caffeine. This shouldn't be the case with "pure", and so the effects are probably going to be slightly different in that respect when compared to pills. That said, my body is fairly sensitive to caffeine (and mdma for that matter) so I wouldn't be surprised if the addition of caffeine is unnoticeable to most.

Last edited:
^^ I agree, it's not hard to tell the difference between a ground up pill and genuine MDMA crystal/powder. The consistency will tell much

I've had MDMA powder that was very clean but adulterated with a stimulant, probably just caffeine as it was very clean and euphoric but had energy to it, came on quick but came down fast, no comedown. I've had MDMA powder that felt dirty as well.

Ive had crystals of all different appearances ranging from high purity, to messy, smacked out eye wobbling stuff on an average dose (100mg). That was sticky and brown/purple. The best I ever tried was of very high purity and was yellow to brown rocks, tiny crysatals clumped together, but when crushed it was a fine white powder.

It varies way too much and buying it in caps isn't a sure way to get a pure product.