• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Pupils don’t dilate when using meth

askhole

Bluelighter
So, I’ve picked up meth use at a rate of frequency I’m not happy with. I don’t have much tolerance, it’s only been about two weeks with skipped days in between.
However, I have noticed two things;

First, my pupils don’t dilate. Tf? They have gotten somewhat larger on the comedown once, but overall I don’t get enlarged pupils. Is this common? Are dilated pupils a guaranteed thing the way loss of appetite is, or are they more subjective to the user the way heart palpitations are?

Second, it doesn’t really get me high. Really irritating. I’ve tried several batches, some bunk and some not. I get a verrrryyy little hint of a rush after smoking, but within minutes it’s gone and I just feel normal. I guess the closest thing to “high” I feel is very calm, with the desire to close my eyes and laze around. I feel increased comfort/laziness but it doesn’t even make my music sound extra good like it did in the past.

I know your first thought is to blame tolerance, but even my first bowl (after years without using) had this effect. Any thoughts? Similar experiences?

My understanding is meth is known to both paradoxically dilate or constrict pupils, at different points of the high, and it's different every person, with some experiencing one, both, or neither. Either way it's not a good way to judge meth purity.

But what you describe is actually very common and a commonly discussed topic here. Really bad meth with unusual effects... which often tests positive for high grade meth, but it's not. Aka "n-iso" meth, but that's not actually what it is either.

My understanding is meth is known to both paradoxically dilate or constrict pupils, at different points of the high, and it's different every person, with some experiencing one, both, or neither. Either way it's not a good way to judge meth purity.

But what you describe is actually very common and a commonly discussed topic here. Really bad meth with unusual effects... which often tests positive for high grade meth, but it's not. Aka "n-iso" meth, but that's not actually what it is either.
okay word, i figured it could be a subjectivity sort of thing.

any idea why it makes it so hard to get a deep breath or yawn successfully?

Are dilated pupils a guaranteed thing the way loss of appetite is, or are they more subjective to the user the way heart palpitations are?

Dilated pupils are definitely guaranteed to some degree with legitimate methamphetamine at sufficiently high doses. A large dose of methamphetamine in any individual (who is not also taking a drug that constructs the pupils, like say, fentanyl) will dilate the pupils due to the appreciable serotonin release that occurs at high doses. At lower to moderate doses, pupil constriction is more inconsistent.

What kind of doses have you been taking? Have you tried taking it orally? I find modern day street meth to be better orally than smoked.

I don't see mine expand like they used to after maybe a decade of off and on cycles. I don't really get shitty hangovers either, but back to the point.
Mine will respond to light - bigger in the dark and smaller in light, and they don't seem to be pinholes like with opiates.
The stuff around here is probably some of the best I have ever seen. Purity is not suspected.

I think it has more to do with tolerance and use over time. It seems like my body has grown to process and pass dope a hell of a lot more quickly and easily it did earlier in my time with it.

Dilated pupils are definitely guaranteed to some degree with legitimate methamphetamine at sufficiently high doses. A large dose of methamphetamine in any individual (who is not also taking a drug that constructs the pupils, like say, fentanyl) will dilate the pupils due to the appreciable serotonin release that occurs at high doses. At lower to moderate doses, pupil constriction is more inconsistent.

What kind of doses have you been taking? Have you tried taking it orally? I find modern day street meth to be better orally than smoked.

Have you experimented anymore since that initial experience?

-GC

i guess i’m not sure of the dosage. i just take a couple small shards and throw them in the bubble. i try to avoid putting too much in, because i don’t want to end up burning it when melting down again after it cracks back. i don’t have a scale or anything so i just break off chunks of shard and toss them in the bowl, not sure how else id measure volume?

Have you experimented anymore since that initial experience?

-GC

Yeah I have a little. Acquired a different batch to compare against the first. Seems to be some differences, with this more recent batch being perhaps somewhat higher quality, seeming more potent by weight. Main route for both has been oral, though I've tried smoking both a few times just out of curiosity. Both samples are pretty potent. I have a stimulant tolerance and can feel some effects from as little as 5mg sublingually.

Both samples feel notably different to my past experiences with pseudoephedrine derived d-meth, with both being more adrenergic, more scattered feeling, anxiogenic and peripherally acting (more reminiscent of propylhexedrine than pseudoephedrine derived d-meth). I am 100% open to the idea that nothing has changed except for me, but am pretty sure there is more to it than that. I almost want to "obtain" some pseudoephedrine based d-meth just for curiosity's sake and, after determining a rough equivalency to this new stuff by weight, put both in a series of capsules and have my girlfriend administer them to me to see if I can consistently tell the two samples apart with blind dosing. But it's not worth the trouble, nor would it prove much of anything. Plus, meth is a shitty drug even in its best form. Not trying to get high on it, I only use it for functional purposes.

Yet the problem is, given my addictive personality, it is easy to unnecessarily take too much or round up, and push myself into a less functional dosing range. I have somewhat of a stim tolerance due to ADHD meds, but I consider a functional dose of this new meth to be up to 30mg or so, orally. After that, I tend to hyperfocus or become zombified. For instance, recently, after taking perhaps 60-70mg orally, I had a hard time getting things done and instead spent hours obsessively trying to spot the hawk that has been trying to snatch up the baby squirrels that were born in a nearby tree. Eventually it wasn't even about protecting those babies squirrels but rather just an overwhelming desire to spot the hawk *at least once*, as if I was reading one of those "Where's Waldo" books. Definitely a dopamine overload and indication of toxicity.

My tolerance over the years increased hugely. I'm not unconvinced that with meth use it just increases. What got you high when you started wont anymore even with a tolerance if you have ever been a heavy user. I know it sounds really like, Ronald Reagan anti drugs but when I started I could get high off a bag rinse. Like all night long stimmed for a day and a half high. The smallest dose I could buy, I could do orally and have last me 2 days.

Now? I need 2 points for a night minimal to inject. With a tolerance it's much higher, and if it's shitty meth higher still.

I can never use less than the smallest dose you can buy in to get a rush anymore.

My tolerance over the years increased hugely. I'm not unconvinced that with meth use it just increases. What got you high when you started wont anymore even with a tolerance if you have ever been a heavy user. I know it sounds really like, Ronald Reagan anti drugs but when I started I could get high off a bag rinse. Like all night long stimmed for a day and a half high. The smallest dose I could buy, I could do orally and have last me 2 days.

Now? I need 2 points for a night minimal to inject. With a tolerance it's much higher, and if it's shitty meth higher still.

I can never use less than the smallest dose you can buy in to get a rush anymore.
yeah, idk if i just build tolerance quickly due to ADHD or if i just keep getting suuuper cut up shit. got a bag of 100% iso recently, this one seems to have MSM and possibly others. big, attractive shards that look 100% legit. not experienced to know if they’re crushing easily enough, but def has a chemical taste when first melted. acetone wash hasn’t seemed to help much tho.

regardless it seems like my high only lasts if i shoot up, which i haven’t done in years. otherwise i get euphoria for a few minutes and feel leveled out pretty soon after.

yeah, idk if i just build tolerance quickly due to ADHD or if i just keep getting suuuper cut up shit. got a bag of 100% iso recently, this one seems to have MSM and possibly others. big, attractive shards that look 100% legit. not experienced to know if they’re crushing easily enough, but def has a chemical taste when first melted. acetone wash hasn’t seemed to help much tho.

regardless it seems like my high only lasts if i shoot up, which i haven’t done in years. otherwise i get euphoria for a few minutes and feel leveled out pretty soon after.

I would very strongly success learning how to do an acetone wash. And finding a not bunk dealer. The reason I keep one dealers number in my phone even though some may view that as the exact opposite of what I should do in my recovery, is cause he never gives me fake shit.

I would very strongly success learning how to do an acetone wash. And finding a not bunk dealer. The reason I keep one dealers number in my phone even though some may view that as the exact opposite of what I should do in my recovery, is cause he never gives me fake shit.
yeah. that would have been nice while i had the chance. in approx. 25min i will be heading toward a coma and, assuming nobody finds me too soon, dead.

I’ve noticed this in tons of meth users. They are fucking gone but their eyes aren’t dialated.

The drug used to blow everyone’s pupils up huge. Now it doesn’t seem to.