Punk Fuckin Rock

I went to some punk shows in Boston as a teenager. I go in expecting GG Allin I believe in anarchy shit popping off and I get feminism communism save the whales type shit. Bunch of hippies dressed even worse.

FSU was a good movement, I don't know if it's still around but these kids need the smack laid down.

I've always considered punk rock an attitude or philosophy than a sticker-stamped genre label. The music of course will reflect these values, but it's what always drew me to punk, anything goes. You can be Sonic Youth or you can be the Bad Brains, it's all punk. I would even consider precursors to what we now call "punk rock" like the MC5 or Brain Box to be punk rock, maybe even further, Johnny Cash was a punk rocker decades before the term had even been articulated.

I believe in anarchy shit popping off and I get feminism communism save the whales type shit.
lol. I think you have a very distorted understanding of what "anarchy" means in a punk context.
Listen to some Crass - the embodiment of anarcho-punk.
Feminists and all.
Spent a great deal of time baiting misogynists and the conservative establishment and subverting macho rock bullshit.

I went to some punk shows in Boston as a teenager. I go in expecting GG Allin I believe in anarchy shit popping off and I get feminism communism save the whales type shit. Bunch of hippies dressed even worse.

FSU was a good movement, I don't know if it's still around but these kids need the smack laid down.
I don't consider that brocore macho bullshit to be punk at all. I love hardcore and there is some great bands in the genre, but the FSU kids snd their garbage beatdown generic 90's groovemetal rip off riffs are not punk. FSU fucks are worse than the skinheads they can both fuck off cus they are a bucnha hive minded idiots and that has nothing to do with punk.

I don't consider that brocore macho bullshit to be punk at all. I love hardcore and there is some great bands in the genre, but the FSU kids snd their garbage beatdown generic 90's groovemetal rip off riffs are not punk. FSU fucks are worse than the skinheads they can both fuck off cus they are a bucnha hive minded idiots and that has nothing to do with punk.
Boneheads, i'd agree.
But there are good skinheads - the ska listening, rudeboy/mod influenced, non-nazi type.
Fascist skins gave the whole subculture a bad name.
But there are definitely skinheads i'm cool with.

On another sidenote, i'm going to see the Buzzcocks tomorrow night. Should be good as always.

I've always considered punk rock an attitude or philosophy than a sticker-stamped genre label. The music of course will reflect these values, but it's what always drew me to punk, anything goes. You can be Sonic Youth or you can be the Bad Brains, it's all punk. I would even consider precursors to what we now call "punk rock" like the MC5 or Brain Box to be punk rock, maybe even further, Johnny Cash was a punk rocker decades before the term had even been articulated.

This is what I think too.

I am not really into stuff that is that political though, tbh, I'm more into the apathetic/nihilistic approach with punk rock. I think politics destroy everything, including punk rock. But then again I'm a junky so I just don't give a fuck.

This is what I think too.

I am not really into stuff that is that political though, tbh, I'm more into the apathetic/nihilistic approach with punk rock. I think politics destroy everything, including punk rock. But then again I'm a junky so I just don't give a fuck.

yes

punk didn't start out apolitical inasmuch as "nihilism" is a political movement ca. nineteen-teens russia

arguably politics appeared towards the end of punk as a viable movement eo ipso

Last edited: