Votes: 3 3.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 71 74.7%

• Total voters

Rated E

Bluelighter
Surprising. I searched for a thread, but there doesn't seem to be one for this film yet. If there is, please feel free to merge, mods. :)

I just saw Pulp Fiction for the first time. I can't believe I hadn't seen it until today, I fucking loved every minute of that movie.

I loved the discussions that the characters get into about various things (usually occurring as exchanges between two characters), like when Vincent and Jules talk about how Quarter Pounders aren't called Quarter Pounders in Europe, because of the metric system. And the discussion they have about how meaningful foot massages are in sexual terms. A common theme I noticed, was that Jules seemed to have well thought out theories and ideas on things which he would explain to Vincent (I think Jules did more talking), and Vincent would seem to come up with a good point to disprove some aspect of what Jules was saying (like, for example, in the discussion about foot massages, Vincent counters Jules point by saying "how many foot massages do you give to guys?"). So they both seemed to be thinkers, however they were different kinds of thinkers.

Another theme I noticed was the characters blase attitude towards death.

I loved the obscure situations that the characters got into (eg. Butch goes back to his apartment to get his grandfathers watch, fully expecting to find someone wanting to kill him there. However when he arrives, he is relieved to find no one in the apartment. So he begins making some pop tarts, when he notices a gun sitting on the kitchen bench. He then hears a sound in the bathroom and Vincent walks out. Basically Vincent got fucked over because he went to the bathroom at the wrong time.)

Which brings me to another point. A common theme I noticed, was that toilets played a very important role in the movie. Characters going to or being in the toilet basically set off very important things.

eg 1. Mia overdoes because she snorts some of Vincents dope while he is in the toilet.

eg 2. Vincent and Jules manage to get the upperhand on the couple who are robbing the diner they are in, because Vincent was in the toilet when they began the hold up, and when he came out, he was able to point his gun at the red haired woman.

eg 3. The young guy who was hiding in the toilet while Vincent and Jules were shooting the guy and taking the briefcase, jumps out and fires a few shots at close range at Vincent and Jules. Every shot missed, and Vincent and Jules kill him. It is at this point that Jules questions his life, and believes that a miracle has happened, which sets him on a path to leave his life of crime.

Great movie

slighty disturbed by the male rape action that was going on though..

Another brother converted. Welcome to the pulp side,man! Are you new to Tarantino in general,or just Pulp Fiction? You can watch that movie 100 times and always catch something new every time. I love the fact that Jules and Vincent have no problem with killing and cleaning up what's left of Marvin from the car,but the thought of dipping your french fries in mayonnaise completely grosses them out. Plus,I used to wonder why Vincent left that huge fucking hand cannon sitting in the kitchen whilst taking a shit,until I finally realized that it belonged to Marcellus Wallace. When Butch ran him over with the car,Butch was walking with two cups of coffee in his hand. Obviously,he was helping Vincent on the stakeout since Jules had already quit by this time to "walk the Earth,like Kane in Kung Fu."
If you haven't already seen it,check out Jackie Brown or Resevoir Dogs next. Both great movies and rich with Tarantino dialoge.

Ive said it once & ill say it again GREATEST MOVIE EVER..... IMO
The way they mixed up the stories I actually had to watch it a few times to fully grasp the story order.
Pulp Fiction was the first VHS i ever bought back in like 5th or 6th grade

HisNameIsFrank said:
Another brother converted. Welcome to the pulp side,man! Are you new to Tarantino in general,or just Pulp Fiction?

Before that I'd only seen Kill Bill volumes 1 & 2. But I am now a Tarantino fan. Definitely gonna check out more of his stuff.

HisNameIsFrank said:
You can watch that movie 100 times and always catch something new every time. I love the fact that Jules and Vincent have no problem with killing and cleaning up what's left of Marvin from the car,but the thought of dipping your french fries in mayonnaise completely grosses them out.

hahaha

HisNameIsFrank said:
Plus,I used to wonder why Vincent left that huge fucking hand cannon sitting in the kitchen whilst taking a shit,until I finally realized that it belonged to Marcellus Wallace. When Butch ran him over with the car,Butch was walking with two cups of coffee in his hand. Obviously,he was helping Vincent on the stakeout since Jules had already quit by this time to "walk the Earth,like Kane in Kung Fu."

Oh nice.

HisNameIsFrank said:
If you haven't already seen it,check out Jackie Brown or Resevoir Dogs next. Both great movies and rich with Tarantino dialoge.

Will do. I love the dialogue in Pulp Fiction.

NO other film made me feel as high as i felt walking out of the cinema after my first screening of this. :D:D:D

but i actually have seen it too many times. :(

rate this excellent film

bruce willis in the shop, picking up each weapon in turn, pondering whether to take it down with him or not. especially the 'practice motion' with the chainsaw, before deciding on the sword. :D

so many funny little scenes and quotes.

"dorks! they look like dorks!"

"bring out the gimp!" %)

plus of course, uma at her very finest, imho.

PulpMia1.jpg

an unequivocal 5/5, and has been in my top 5 ever since it came out. genius. :)

EDIT: 5 out of 5. (not 4 out of 4...)

Last edited:
^ yes . I never found her as attractive in any other movie as I did in Pulp Fiction. She really isnt a breath taking chick , but there is just something about her in that movie.....

I can't say I have ever voted 5 stars for a flick in F&T, but I definantly did for this one.

I saw it when it was released in the movies, I was about 13 or 14 and dispite the R rating, I was let in with my mum as the local theatre was pretty cool with the rules. I cant say I particuarly liked it as I was pretty young, there were some cool moments for sure but the themes were just over my 13 year old head.

It took a few years for it to become popular with my friends and thats when I really started to appreciate it. My VHS copy has probably been played a good 40 or 50 times. :)

Wow talk about coincidence.......8o
I have never seen Pulp Fiction until last night. I FINALLY purchased the DVD :D
Everybody always tells me I can't believe you havent seen it yet! Well, now I have, and I fuckin love it =D

"bring out the gimp"
"but the gimps sleeping"
"...well youll just have to wake him up"

5/5!

wArEhOuSePuNk said:
^ yes . I never found her as attractive in any other movie as I did in Pulp Fiction. She really isnt a breath taking chick , but there is just something about her in that movie.....

I think it's the cherry she was playing with aha :p

wArEhOuSePuNk said:
I never found her as attractive in any other movie as I did in Pulp Fiction

Yeah, neither did I.

I think Tarantino just has this way of making her seem really sensual on screen.

mariacallas said:
I have never seen Pulp Fiction until last night.

I said God damn!...God damn =D

5/5 for me too. The best Tatrantino film without a doubt.

^ i know! i know! 8o
Mia: Don't you hate that?
Vincent: What?
Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?
Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh i looooove it.

^^ thats funny because I Lived in Knoxville Tennessee when this movie came out......:)

I read in a movie trivia thing that all the clocks in the movie are set to the time 4:20. Never checked it out for myself, gonna do that next time I watch..

I was in the fourth grade and definitely not allowed to see Pulp Fiction when it came out in theaters. When it was released on VHS, though, my dad rented it and I snuck a peek in between the time when I got home from school and he got home from work. It took two sessions to finish it all without him finding out, but it was well worth it. It left such a lasting impression that I just had to let it slip to my parents that Pulp Fiction is the best movie ever made less than a month later.