PsyTrance Discussion and Stuff ver. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalfir said:
Wizzy Noise was crap.

Hyperception from Aus is playing on easter along with Mr Peculiar, should be a fun party. :D

I hate that standard Wizzy Noise baseline. Sounds crap without fail, every single time.

Acid Goblins at the weekend. Some of the hardest and most banging trance I've heard for a long time. I can already tell it's going to be one of the best sets this year.

^Acid Goblins are cool, I have their Wooden Monsters promo....awesome stuff.

Been digging a bit of Youth- Calibrate Your Soul and Astral Projection- Whatever the album with dancing galaxy and soundform is....Also been enjoying Baphomet Engines album from last year. Nice and dark, yet not too so.

swilow said:
Been digging a bit of Youth- Calibrate Your Soul

[pedant]Calibrate Your Intuition[/pedant] ;)

Pretty good album that. I saw him play a few years ago - looked like a English schoolteacher! =D

^Uh. I stand corrected :eek: Its just a sweet album really. Personally been digging Natural Born Chillers- Aleph Zero Records (or Aleph One I dunno).

Now, I'm sure you guys have seen this great pic- =D
26.jpg

Check out this- http://www.squatjuice.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=161

Funny stuff, poor lass. I remember seeing the 'first' modifications a year or so ago; it has morphed out of control. :)

^Yeah like totally miss the point dude ;) :)

Going to see Hefty Output, Pondscum, Satanstoenail, Sensient, Autonomech, Krumelur/Kropsprakk this weekend. Weeee! Happy dead-cunt-on-a-stick day!

Nice lineup. Where are you? South Africa?

^How was it?

Enjoying a bit of Parasense at the moment....

What a mad, mad party. The decor was absolutely incredible and Mr P played Alien Mushrooms. :p

And yep, SA. :p

Psychosynthesis, have you been to the lazy sunday things at ladida? Going down this sunday hopefully...:) Also the new monthly Interpulse night looks cool...

^Yeah the lineup does look tasty for this sunday. Haven't been to one though. If I get my homework done I might cruise down for a few beers, if I can con some mates into coming. Punx on Junk were crazy at Somatica, very bouncy/funky prog stuff. Somatica was generally awesome. Good to hear some cranking night-time gear, highlights were the Hefty boys, Satanstoenail and Pondscum...missed most of Shamanix's set but caught the tail end which was nuts. He dropped a Kindzadza track which made me cream.

The daytime music was wicked too. Jigsaw, Sensient, Autonomech (wasn't on the floor for his site, was chilling out with some randoms but what I heard sounded chunky as fuck) and the second last set by Pedro and Rouge (Pedrouge) was great. I was pretty well trolleyed at that point however.

The Interpulse night does look good, but some lineup info would look better!

Back on topic, the new Tegma album is sounding pretty good. He's gone the whole minimal/tech approach like most prog artists these days but it's sounding good. A lot better than Ticon's 2am.

Absolutely loving Electrypnose- Where do we go? He is taking his music to a new and vevry good place I think. Very psychedelic, but melodic too...Better then live I think. Then again I'm doofed out for now. :(

psycosynthesis said:
The Interpulse night does look good, but some lineup info would look better!

Looks like mainly zenon peeps I think I haven'tooked for a while.

Back on topic, the new Tegma album is sounding pretty good. He's gone the whole minimal/tech approach like most prog artists these days but it's sounding good. A lot better than Ticon's 2am.

Yeah, its a nice album- not one that I will be playing for years to come, but its defintely smooth and groovy. I just wish these artists would drop that electro synthy shit, it just plain doesn't sound good to me. All these horrible vibrato saw waves- sounds like disco. Disco sux. :) Also, change drumkits, a 909 is good, but there is a lot more out there....This makes the Haldolium album look full-on. Now that, QNT, is a minimal album.

I want to buy Skylon, but is there any place I can purchase a digital download (preferrably lossless)? I don't feel like buying CDs, more plastic shit...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.