View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychotic Episode?

malakaix

Bluelighter
I recently witnessed something rather uneasy with a person i met at a Party, my friends an i came to the conclusion (based off what we saw) that this person had just suffered some form of a psychotic episode.. but i wanted to get a more informed opinion, as it may of been something unrelated.

My friends an i attended a Psy Party last weekend.. we had parked next too another group of people, and throughout the night we occasionally bumped into the other group as we went to get beers and drugs from our cars.

Anyway, of the 3 of these people we met.. 2 were very relaxed and calm, they seemed like very typical stoners.. whereas the other guy was pretty 'out there' he brought these 2 friends of his to show them what a Psy Party was like.. they were all on 1 tab of acid and for the duration of there trip (all night) the 2 calm guys were pretty well controlled.. the crazier dude was off somewhere enjoying himself. - (He was a more experienced user of psych's)

I chatted with these two calm guys for a majority of the night about Psy Partys, acid.. etc.. and they seemed pretty in control and enjoying themselves.

Now it wasn't untill around 6:30am that i was kinda half-asleep half-awake in my car next to them.. that i heard the two guys panicking about loosing there car keys.. i casually listened.. untill it escalated to one of them absolutely 'loosing it'. I had never seen anyone loose there mind so intensely while on acid.. he started screaming and laughing, which soon turned into him yelling out for his mum and walking around the camp site yelling out towards the sky.. this continued for at least 30mins or more.. i got really worried, the fact that he was yelling out for his mum made me think something has happened in his mind where maybe loosing his keys related back to some childhood memory of having something taken from him, and him calling out to his mum. I heard him a few times yelling 'I want STUFF!'.

Im not sure if this belongs here, but i've never seen someone act like this on a psychedelic before.. it really seemed like something has snapped, when we waved goodbye to him.. he just started clapping his hands all excited.. it was almost like he was acting like a child.

I hope hes ok, i only met him that night.. but to see someone go from so in control to this was quite a disturbing site for me to witness.

Note: This was well after his peak, i'd say around the 9hour mark.. i would of just thought he was tripping really hard except for the fact he was yelling out for his mom and acting like a child would in a case of extreme anxiety.

God mate, you haven't abused acid enough to know that what happened to this guy has happened to a fuck load of others aswell, i'm one of them lmao,
i had an intensely bad trip, i dropped 3 that had been double dipped whatever you wanna call it, i woke up on a hospital bed with handcuffs on with a foggy memory and a very angry looking mum staring at me, not good, anyway my mates said i was going fine, but then loads of people came to where we were and i lost it, ended up screaming shit like "WE'RE ALL GONNA FUCKING DIE" in the middle of my street and asking who my mum was rather than where she was. happy times.

Getting some more at the weekend although bearing in mind this was 2 month ago and i won't be hammering as many.

Haha, i'd say so. There's only been one time with acid where.. i felt like i lost my mind. I believed the leaves on the ground were piranhas biting at my feet.. my friends told me the last thing they heard me say was 'im walking on piranhas' and then saw me run off into the bush not to return for another 2hours or so..

I guess its just more of a surprise to see it on the other side of things.. thank god they didn't have a video.. i don't think i'd wanna see myself like that lol.

ya man that doesn't sound like that terrible of an indecent. I've seen a kid on two hits think that all of his friends were cops and they were conspiring against him, and then for some reason he became totally unresponsive for three hours just making a weird sound that was like somebody singing opera with areally shaky voice, every once in a while he would be able to say "what the fuck!!!" and "Holy shit!!" he came out of it just like, what just happened? And was fine. psychs can get crazzzyyy!

I think I can understand why it was disturbing to see someone go from relatively normal to utterly fucked- are you sure he didn't take any other drugs? But yeah, carkeys and doofs- need I say more? They are (carkeys) utterly essential for a doof, yet so small and the bush is so big....

I think if you encounter something like this again, try and chat with the guy. I was sickened at a certain festival a few years back- a guy, utterly out of his mind, charging around, covered in sticky/gaffer tape from head to toe, and just shrieking. He was compltely outofreality, and obviously deeply frightened- so some helpful fucks decided to tape him up. Seriously, he had a circle of about 70 people just standing around him and laughing (fucking pathetic cunts!!) while he tripped out of his nut. Me and two friends just sat with him and gave him a few beers after which he relaxed (this was eerie- he was having what appeared to be slow slow convulsions which would stretch to the end of his limbs upon which he would shake really fast momentarily and then begin again- also, the blackest eyes I've seen on a human), though he was talking utter jibberish, and also acting somewhat childlike. I saw him later in the festival, and he was fine- fucking scattered and embarassed, but safe and sound. I'd of thought this guy was fucked for good.

I must admit, if I'd been tripping (I was just a bit drunk and stoned) I would have been scred of this chap, but he was in desperate need of help not a crowd of fucking Aussie dipshits laughing at him....

alright this isn't acid but...
one time i was in boston and i got dusted. i blacked out. my friend told me i was screaming I LOVE PCP and punching people in the face. then apparently i sat down in the middle of the road, blocking traffic. i came to in a hospital bed, hallucinating like a motherfucker and telling my dad who was there how much i love pcp and how he should allow me to smoke marijuana because it was good for me.

another time i was on a dxm binge and i think i hit sigma. i heard millions of tiny robots in the walls, the sky turned red and i knew it was the apocolypse.

edit: i am diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia which most likely factored into this shit. i am fucking nuts and i am the shit. i eat great pussy.

I think I can understand why it was disturbing to see someone go from relatively normal to utterly fucked- are you sure he didn't take any other drugs? But yeah, carkeys and doofs- need I say more? They are (carkeys) utterly essential for a doof, yet so small and the bush is so big....

I think if you encounter something like this again, try and chat with the guy.

Nah just a tab of acid.. but he had told me earlier in the night he had only done it once before, plus yeah loosing car keys at a doof arghh... my mate was trying to calm him down and tell him it'd be alright while his friends searched around for the keys.

I guess this fails in comparison to some of the other incidents you guys have seen.. wow. Yeah i think it was just too much for him to come to grips with loosing his keys and been out in the middle of nowhere.

^Nah, that chidlike stuff is really unsettling. I remember a friend of mine who appeared to lose his memory while on acid....as he had recently been in trouble with the police, all he could think about were things pertaining to the police- not that they were out to get him, but WHAT were they? It bought him to tears, and was very very strange- ceaseless cyclic questioning "What are police?" to which no answer seemed approriate. The oddest part was his wavering between tears and giggly laughter, and kept assaying us all with this really eerie, sly look....He was also fine afterwards, but his behaviour was so unusal for him, it really frightened a few people.

The oddest part was his wavering between tears and giggly laughter, and kept assaying us all with this really eerie, sly look....He was also fine afterwards, but his behaviour was so unusal for him, it really frightened a few people.

Yeah, this is exactly what this guy was doing.. he was crying but laughing at the same time, kept yelling out 'Oh Nooooo' and basically he was screaming out non-stop like that guy in the video.. walking around and that.. except it sounded like a scream of agony..

Poor dude, but im sure he would of come back together later that night.

That video pretty much sums up what this guy was doing, except in a more anxious/fearful mood.

I've seen a few freakouts on psychs. Worst was probably a friend curled up in a ball on a mattress on the floor, covering himself with a blanket shaking uncontrollably talking absolute jibberish in a voice/accent I can only compare to that of an arabic little girl. This was boh of ours 2nd mushroom trips btw, it was at my house and my mum was through the house asleep. Massive paranoia for me haha. They snapped out of it pretty quickly and were quite disoriented as to what was goin on, we explained it to them and they managed to keep cool for the rest of the night. WOO, post 300.

I've seen a couple of big time freak outs, it's very unpleasent to witness. Strangely enough, most of them where brought on by dud ecstasy pills and stimulants or a combo of both.

As far as psyches go,

The first time a friend of mine dropped acid he started talking in this really bizzare accent, like a pretend kids voice, it was so fuckin freaky. We where all on microdots which where fairly strong. He couldnt stop doing it though, it carried on for about 24 hours untill he snapped out of it, well after the trip itself had ended.

Another of my friend's completely freaked at a rave, he's convinced that he was dosed up by some dodgy cunt there as he only had one tab. I'd had the same tabs a good few times and they where strong but nothing like what unfolded for him. He became completely detatched from reality, I'm talking completely out of this fucking world. It's never really ended for him, he seems to have unlocked some sort of underlying condition because the poor guy is still having episodes relating to that trip/psychotic episode. It triggered some sort of PTSD for sure due to the nature of what he experienced :(

Wow. I'm glad I haven't seen anything terrifying like that yet, though I'm sure I will. It does remind me though, has anyone here ever seen someone have a psych induced seizure? I still can't get over it, it was absolutely horrifying to me and I still find myself thinking of it at least a good 30 times a day. It feels like I won't ever forget how much it scared me. But that is because it was someone whom I am very, very close to. I don't know what I would do if I had to see this a third time. Simply put, that substance has been banned by me.. though I know that he still does it when I'm not around.. and I'm sure has had another seizure off it. It's become a constant anxiety to me, though I have managed to get it under control a lot. It just seems like every other thing reminds me of it.

Staying up and active all night while eating little to no food was probably a factor, eh?

Wow. I'm glad I haven't seen anything terrifying like that yet, though I'm sure I will. It does remind me though, has anyone here ever seen someone have a psych induced seizure?

What was your friend taking? DXM?

:[ Yes. we are both long time users- him slightly longer than I. Around four years, more or less. I have read that high doses of DXM increase seizure threshold, and smaller doses decrease seizure likelihood in tests on rats. Regardless.. it's pretty scary. This happened a few months ago. What do you have to say on it?

I guess all you can do is let him know how much you like having him alive and hope that he will come to his senses and stop using a substance that harms both himself and his friends. =/ I'll be praying for you two. Good luck friend.

I guess all you can do is let him know how much you like having him alive and hope that he will come to his senses and stop using a substance that harms both himself and his friends. =/ I'll be praying for you two. Good luck friend.

Thank you so much for your kindness and concern. :( Mine doesn't seem to mean anything to him. All I can do is hope now, too.