• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Psychological effects of crystal meth abuse?

DeafJet

Greenlighter
Im currently 2 weeks clean from using meth and im finding it hard coping with conflict, mainly with customers at work its hard without raising my voice and im even feeling violent which is a concern, a friend recommended seeing a doctor and getting on anti-depressants, but i dont think i have clinical depression. anyone gone through or is going through a similar stage? even if its a different drug please share your opinions.

Can you control yourself enough to not be violent? Get some time off work maybe? Anti-depressants might be worth a try, you won't hear many good things about them here though.

I can relate, went through something similar coming off dexies/meth daily, the getting mad at stuff/people got better after 3-4 weeks - the worst was past after one month. Just keep reminding yourself why you're feeling this way and it'll pass, things will be significantly better soon.

He'll yeah man, took me years to get back to normality. Much to do with adrenal fatigue and it making you a grumpy short tempered fuck!
I managed the mood and anger by anti-psychotics , exercise , good eating and a shit load of sleep
Taking meth and thinking it ain't going to fuck with you is naive

Good luck man - see a psych not your every day quack

I think you will be okay. Just don't take too much alcohol/benzos/phenibut on the comedown. Or pot until you feel like you're "coming down". Hope you're alright! You will be so don't worry.

thanks guys, yer im doing better than i thought actually compared to friends that set up voice recorders in the house because they thought shadow people/demons were present and trying to kill him which was a worry.. i havent experienced shit like thank fuck its just basic mood stuff swings for me, i have been doing a bit of cocaine its not very available where i am i bought a gram and been hittin a line of that on a friday to cheer me up a bit once thats gone im done with coke too i need a big break from narcotics its already ruined me finacially, pysically, mentally and been demoted at work because of performance so its a good enough sign to me.

Im currently 2 weeks clean from using meth and im finding it hard coping with conflict, mainly with customers at work its hard without raising my voice and im even feeling violent which is a concern, a friend recommended seeing a doctor and getting on anti-depressants, but i dont think i have clinical depression. anyone gone through or is going through a similar stage? even if its a different drug please share your opinions.
Hi DeafJet - welcome to BL and good on you for being self-aware enough to look for help. I dunno, it took many years for me to get over meth abuse, in many ways I never have fully recovered. Unfortunately I wasn't as self aware as you so instead of trying to maintain my life and look for ways of dealing what I was going through I just withdrew from it all together. As such I don't have much to offer you. Generally, seeing a psychologist would be a good start - you can get a subsidised mental health plan if you go to see a GP. They'll ask you a bunch of questions, IIRC they tend to relate to depression and anxiety so you might need to massage the results a bit to get the referral you need. Once you've got it, try to find a psychologist who does mindfulness. Because your mental health issues are part of a withdrawal process I'm unsure as to how helpful it will be but generally speaking it seems to be the gold standard for coping with troubling emotions.

Also, go check out the Dark Side subforum on Bluelight, you'll get a broader response there from people all over the place (rather than just Australians) and many of the regulars there will have been through very similar drug withdrawals and are very passionate about supporting fellow Bluelighters, whereas this forum is more focused on general drug info. Not saying there won't be great advice from here but jsut that there will be more of it over there.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/268-Recovery-Support

Best of luck.

Hi DeafJet - welcome to BL and good on you for being self-aware enough to look for help. I dunno, it took many years for me to get over meth abuse, in many ways I never have fully recovered. Unfortunately I wasn't as self aware as you so instead of trying to maintain my life and look for ways of dealing what I was going through I just withdrew from it all together. As such I don't have much to offer you. Generally, seeing a psychologist would be a good start - you can get a subsidised mental health plan if you go to see a GP. They'll ask you a bunch of questions, IIRC they tend to relate to depression and anxiety so you might need to massage the results a bit to get the referral you need. Once you've got it, try to find a psychologist who does mindfulness. Because your mental health issues are part of a withdrawal process I'm unsure as to how helpful it will be but generally speaking it seems to be the gold standard for coping with troubling emotions.

Also, go check out the Dark Side subforum on Bluelight, you'll get a broader response there from people all over the place (rather than just Australians) and many of the regulars there will have been through very similar drug withdrawals and are very passionate about supporting fellow Bluelighters, whereas this forum is more focused on general drug info. Not saying there won't be great advice from here but jsut that there will be more of it over there.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/268-Recovery-Support

Best of luck.

thanks heaps that makes alot of sense i will look into it and check out that forum :) the thing playing on my mind lately is that i dont feel like i need help from a psycologist but then i feel like im in denile, but then how can i be in denile if i know i have a problem and im currently fixing it? maybe the fact that im arguing with myself over this suggest i do need help to lay it out and see whats real.

Seeing a psych is a great idea even if you're stone cold sane - talking about stuff in a safe environment i really beneficial and learning about ways to process troubling emotions is a real life benefit. A lot of companies are training their staff in mindfulness for productivity gains because as a society we have a history of sweeping psychology under the carpet and being afraid of being labelled 'crazy' or whatever. But really, it's just a tool for life management that we could do well to start embracing.

Most psych admissions to MHU across the country are from meth induced psychosis. I've seen hundreds each year. That is what meth abuse does in the short term alone. Avoid like ebola. All the best lovepsy.