Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and Religious Practice

infinitelov

Greenlighter
Hello all,

It's no secret that certain psychedelics have the potential ability to catalyze profound religious/spiritual experiences.
My question is, what needs to happen in order to legalize a substance such as LSD and regulate these experiences for healthy individuals.
I'm aware I'm not the first to be in this position, but I'm still unsure of what I can do.
With no exaggeration, I plan to make my life's work about making sure that people have the ability to experience contact with this unity.
I will establish an occupation around whatever position can facilitate this process the fastest.
Any advice on what would need to be done to have the idea of legalization gain some momentum?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah there are lots of organizations one could support, but I think most important in the long run will just be people coming out of the closet. Look at how far homosexuals have come with that approach. It is one thing for people to be aware that there is a general problem with discrimination or criminalization, but it is a whole other thing to know that it is your family member or friend or coworker who is facing these problems despite not hurting anyone. Because suddenly the divide between 'those kinds of people' and 'normal people' starts to crumble.

So whenever you feel comfortable enough to do so, tell people that you are using psychedelic drugs and that you are sick and tired of having to hide that, because you know you're not doing anything wrong.

Thank you clocktower -contacting people from maps.

tokezu- Absolutely. One of the main reasons why I work hard and keep myself presentable and articulate is to validate these experiences to other people. I agree that the sooner people see regular folks who maintain orderly lives while using these sacraments, the sooner the stigma around these substances will change.

thanks for the feedback!