Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Psychedelic users in Australia

Jwlst

Bluelighter
Hey, Im from sydney and wondering what the deal is with pyscadelic users and mainstream drug users. For me at least I find it very hard to even find people who tried acid and when I do its always 'oh 4 years ago...'. It seems that pysc users dont hang out with normal drug users or maybe im just hanging round the wrong people. Problem is I would love acid but I seem to notice that all my friends wont touch pyscs with a 10 foot pole. Im begining to think that maybe in australia there is a big devide between normal drug users and pysc users because along my travels I meet crackies pillheads herion/coke fiends etc. but never a soul who uses pyscs (again except for the occasional crackhead saying '4 years ago i ate a piece of paper this dude gave me and it got me FUCKED UP!!!11'? Am I right about mainstream drug users and pysc users being in very seperate sub cultures or do I just not talk to enough people.

that's generally the case, although i know heaps of people who are hardcore psychedelic users AND "mainstream drug users". For me i would say i'm a psychedelic user..it's definetly my thing. I'd eat acid over a pill anyday..or just do both :D

i don't think people like the feelings or thoughts they are forced to realise when they take powerful substances like LSD.

Hmmm.. interesting topic, but it's more a point of finding the medium... Psychonauts are everywhere, but in my scene, it's pretty common practice to be a meth head and a acid head all at the same time...

Me i'm pretty partial to acid, it's not my most favoured drug, where as other drugs which one would class as psychedelic are (nangs, mda, 2c(x)). I've got mates who'd much rather a tab over a bikkie.

I’m from Brisbane and I rkn that there are a lot more pyscadelic users in the not as up market rave clubs. E.g. [Venue name removed]. Where as u wouldn’t find pyscadelic users in the upper class clubs like [Venue name removed].

EDIT: No venue names please. hoptis

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats kinda my problem...Id rather a tab over a bikkie but none of the people I hang round with give me the option. So im wondering if its because Im kinda heading towards the wrong direction, expecting normal drug users to have pyscs or im just meeting the wrong people, and if the sub cultures are generally so far apart its like the gap between ravers and pub goers.

I can relate to you Jwlst. Out of my entire group, im defenitely the only real psychonaut. One or two of my mates have tried psychadelics and defenitely enjoyed them, but they do not respect them and love them like i do (i would take acid/shrooms/mescaline any day over synthetic drugs such as MDMA or Ketamine for example.)

I love acid and shrooms, if i could do them everyday without disturbing my normal day to day life i would. I take them to explore so many different facets of the world around me, and to explore my inner being, whereas my mates take them to trip out and have a mad time (which i have absolutely no problem with, as i have taken them for this reason aswell.)

I have encountered many people who have tried psychadelics, however i have only met a handful of people who are on the same boat as me and have taken them for a purpose other than for recreation. The majority of people i know take drugs to get fucked up, and synthetic drugs such as MDMA is pefect for this. Psychadelics offer more and many people are either not interested in exploring these substances or are brainwashed by the anti-drug campaigners and media claiming that psychadelics make you trip forever etc etc.

This is the basis for many people not continuing their use of psychadelics or even trying them in the first place.

I got introduced into the world of drugs by a group of rockers, who back then enjoyed ice, e, g & k...I'm finding these days its pretty much all ice.

Most of them have tried pyscadelics, but are no longer interested. Sucks for me tho, I gotta make my way out to some doofs...too pussy to go alone tho.

I find alot of snobbiness and self-righteousness in the psychedelic scene these days, even though I guess I am part of it, being an active user of psychedelics, I tend to distance myself from many psychedelic users and hang around speed and heroin users primarily. I know it's a generalisation, but I find alot of psychedelic users to have a "I take drugs to make the world a better place" attitude, which I think is quite frankly self-serving and pretentious.
That said, it's definitely not true of the entire scene, just a large part of it IMO.

I live in Brisbane and the only time I've had LSD was from a friend of a friend. The people i hang out with are "mainstream drug users" but this is not out of choice. We are young and very much into experimentation, but I'm yet to find a pyscadelics dealer and to me these drugs seem very illusive. As for trying them at doofs i dont think it's the right environment for an inexperienced user and i would rather buy from someone i can trust. I haven't even heard of people getting drugs such as mescaline, 2C-B and DMT.

I know you're going to say i haven't met the right people or been to the right places. This is just my experience so far.

This backs up your point that they are very different cultures, i have only dealt with mainstream drug dealers/users so they are the only drugs i can find.

I think to begin with I used psychedelics just to get messed up.
Moving on several years now that has certainly evolved into something much more intelligent. Funny that someone says the psychedelics arent in the upmarket clubs. I'd be surprised if they are in any cept for doof-type club nights. It's just not the thing to do. Outdoors, ppl.

It wasn't only long ago that I discovered the wonderful world of phychedelics... And discovered my new hobby "psychonauting" haha

Other people, well don't understand! I can't really explain it.

There are people out there though... just need to find them. :)

I'm around Gold Coast / Brisbane area too

psychonauts unite!

Ah, the days of beeing a n00b...

Strangely enough, i'm only 18 ;) But it's all a matter of time. Seek and you shall find.

Or even more to the point, with drugs like acid, i never actually found them until i quit searching and then BAM they were every where. I don't have a trouble in the world aquiring these substances, and 2c(x) substances are availiable widely on the internet providing you have a credit card. It's all quite simple really - I find that most psychonauts tend to stop or slow down their use of drugs like LSD after one or subsequent 'bad' or off expieriences.

So kids, i think it's best that you just wait it out, and don't hunt to hard - it's there, your just 'excluded'. When the time is right the door will open (or someone you meet will open it for you).

As i stated above, most people stop their use of pyscs when things in the real world seem 'dull' or you begin to learn to much, or just have a scary expierience.

Here in melbourne, it's so easy to find psycs in most rave clubs. and of reasonably decent quality.

^Pity about the trash played in those clubs, 3rd floor at [edit: venue removed] excluded I get. I cannot grasp how people can be on psychs and enjoy hard trance or hardstyle..the same clubs play the same songs night after night, and you have to shuffle or you'll be considered "that wanker dancing funny". Go to a doof and experience psychs with the music designed for them, the outfoors and most importantly friendly people who are happy to chat about things aside from drugs or offering to sell you them.

^[edit: venue removed] is my home club :D hehehehe, im over clubbing though, and no i don't do psycs at [edit: venue removed]... our krews have been having more and more bush/out door parties...

I find that when you are truely ready to experience the world of psychedelic's the doors will open to you when the time is right like zaineaol said!. psycosynthesis its so true what your saying about the whole "shuffleing stigma" its fucked in my opinion, dancing is about self expression all i see at hard trance clubs are robots on too much meth and pills whereas im bounceing all over the joint performing all these whacked out stomping hand and arm movements feels so much more natural than the shuffle!! The only problem i find with the psychedelic scene is that people are alot older than me (im 18) most people in the scene ate 25+ where as the hardtrance scene is more 18 to 25. Also what i find about people i nthe hard trance scene is that they are scared to try psych's. Whenever i say ive done aid its like "that shit will fuck up your head man" or "my mate's mate had some of that shit and never came back" or "this person ended up in hospital" pretty ironic compared to what speed and overuse of pills dose to people.

I went to that club with the 3rd psychedelic floor for the first time a few weeks ago and it was rocking! like a whole new world away from all that harder type stuff. I also find that people are alot more friendlier and cheekyer in the psychedelic scene, i love getting silly and playing pranks on people while tripping (pranks that everyone can enjoy! even the victim!!).

bikki_muncher69 said:
The only problem i find with the psychedelic scene is that people are alot older than me (im 18) most people in the scene ate 25+ where as the hardtrance scene is more 18 to 25. Also what i find about people i nthe hard trance scene is that they are scared to try psych's. Whenever i say ive done aid its like "that shit will fuck up your head man" or "my mate's mate had some of that shit and never came back" or "this person ended up in hospital" pretty ironic compared to what speed and overuse of pills dose to people.

That is EXACTLY the same with me. Im younger than most people i know who do psychs, im 18 aswell. Also, anyone who i talk to about acid after telling them ive done it freaks out and starts telling me all these horror stories which are absolute bullshit!

I know plenty of ravers who will gladly take psychedelics as well as 'mainstream' drugs. The thing about them is they won't associate with hippies so the gear they get isn't very good. Last time I buy acid from them.

What I find about the sort of user you're looking for is that they attend parties of different scenes. Rave, doof, house, goth etc. This may make them a bit more elusive but they're there. Just start going to different parties and you may find what you're looking for.