• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Off Switch

I don't know if you can blame the codeine for that! :)
i swear it made it stronger by a degree but who knows it was alot of lsd and alot of mdma and some very strong sativa lemon haze weed with no tolerance but i believe the codiene did potetinate my trip,.

Has LSD a need for a substance to abort?

Or to soften the feel. I conquer softening can be nice, espeially whe one is used to it. like some booze, benzo. But def unnecessary imo. The analog's were so chill it surprised me.

Opioids definitely help to make trips more euphoric and calmer, but they will definitely not stop it, in my experience they don't reduce the intensity so much as make you feel good, so anxiety and negativity are lessened. But if you're freaking out they're not going to help. Benzos can be used to pull yourself out of a panic situation, and will bring the trip down but not totally kill it. An antipsychotic will stop a trip in its tracks, but IMO this should only be done if you've lost the plot (in which case it would likely be someone else administering it). Also antipsychotics are nasty drugs with a lot of bad side effects so should only be used in emergencies. Honestly it's best to ride a difficult experience out, you will be much more likely to gain something from it if you work through it. Killing a trip suddenly can leave unresolved trauma behind.

One time I took a full dose of AMT at a music festival, and then added 4 hits of LSD. I was watching a band, and the lead singer had a bit of a tantrum towards some of the other band members, and it made me feel really awkward. I left and found some friends at a different stage, where Steve Earl was doing a sound check. He got really pissed at the sound guys and started screaming FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER and stuff to them, it was really intense, and then some people started leaving because he was being a douche, and he started screaming FUCK YOU COME BACK HERE MOTHERFUCKERS at them, and the vibes got really bad and I started to feel The Fear coming on. I left the stage to head back to my group's campsite. I was tripping so hard that everything I imagined in the darkness I saw, I had no idea what was actually in front of me. Someone helped me across the bridge over a creek, and I went to my tent, in the grips of this feeling of immense existential terror. I pulled out my etizolam bottle and dosed 2mg, and realized as I swallowed that I had just dosed 2mg of DOC from my identical-looking DOC bottle, I couldn't read the labels in the dark. Then I really started to freak out. I pulled out the real etizolam bottle and dosed 2mg, and laid in my tent in the fetal position trying to fight off the feeling that I was falling into eternal madness for 20 minutes, and then it kicked in and within 10 minutes I felt amazing, I was still tripping really hard but less so, and I was straight back to having a great time. After a while the DOC kicked in and I spent the next 2 days in a blissful psychedelic storm... took 2 more days to feel baseline, and it was one of the most fun trips I've had.

Point being, benzos do have their place and can be a lifesaver, even though I save them for that sort of situation, where it's not worth trying to fight through it, nothing good would have come from that. But even though I was panicking, I was still in control of myself... if I had gone psychotic and lost it, I'm not sure etizolam would have done the trick.

I pulled out my etizolam bottle and dosed 2mg, and realized as I swallowed that I had just dosed 2mg of DOC from my identical-looking DOC bottle, I couldn't read the labels in the dark.

LOL. I always remember hearing "never take medication in the dark" but this made me laugh.

be very careful with opioids on psychedelics i had a very heavy trip with codeine added into my lsd candyflip. I was at one point convinced i finally figured out what dark matter and energy was and was time travelling and seeing the infinite martix of gods mind.

Wait. That kinda sounds awesome.

I mean, I'm never touching opioids but you're kind of selling the combo to me right now. ;)

Then it turned super dark once weed was mixed in and was just hell visuals for the rest of the trip til the lsd wore off.

Well, yeah, weed ruins everything! :p

Wait. That kinda sounds awesome.

I mean, I'm never touching opioids but you're kind of selling the combo to me right now. ;)

Well, yeah, weed ruins everything! :p
yeah before the weed with just the lsd codiene and mdma i was seeing into the matrix underlying everything even the bong had taken on its own consciousness everything was alive then bam one huge cone of strong lemon haze skunk and i was trapped in hellish visuals endless fractals it was beyond intense and seeing hell fractals into infinity. Though i was fighting the trip the whole time i was scared i was going to lose control it was in a setting that i shouldn't of been going so deep in so my set setting were bad from the start but my trip was good for 11 hours before the weed ruined it and i eventually ended up lying on the floor with a blanket just trying to come back to reality took me about another 4-5 hours to come down from the weed and be ok had strong oevs in total for around 28 hours til they faded out.

Yup, I hate ganja. The only drug that gave me really intense panic attacks.

I can't imagine combining it with an intense trip at the uncomfortable stage.
Every bad trip i had was because of cannabis added on it. I almost swear its the plant of the devil but i use to smoke daily for most my life but i quit now i really dont like it its a trash fucking drug.

I don't know about trash, but, yeah it's a weird one.

(I'm in Canada, I'll get lynched if I diss weed too hard...I think it's our national flower or something ;) )

Last edited:
Weed is just such a weird drug for me to conceptualize. Even with psychs I feel like I have some tiny sense of what I’m getting myself into but weed feels like it’s different drug every time almost. Idk it’s just weird for me

Yup, I hate ganja. The only drug that gave me really intense panic attacks.

I can't imagine combining it with an intense trip at the uncomfortable stage.

Yeah weed gives me worse anxiety than any other drug, it sucks because I love weed and I used to smoke all the time.

Every bad trip i had was because of cannabis added on it. I almost swear its the plant of the devil but i use to smoke daily for most my life but i quit now i really dont like it its a trash fucking drug.

Same for me, except I don't think it's a trash drug, I smoke from time to time now, generally before a creative jam session, or when seeing live music, and it can sometimes be amazing still. But like you I used to smoke daily, I was a 24/7 stay high type for many years, and it used to be a great anxiety reliever and stress reducer, a good way to relax at the end of the day (or first thing upon waking hehe). But over the last year or so it's turned on me and now weed is the last thing I would do to try to relieve anxiety. If I have any anxiety it will make it 100 times worse, or even sometimes if I don't have anxiety it will produce it, strongly. I pretty much have to have something to focus my mind on, or else it's gonna be a bad time.

Sucks because it just doesn't do it for me anymore... I fucking wish I could still be satisfied with weed, drug-wise... because all the other drugs I might choose to use for escapism are so much worse for you.

I get basically no anxiety ever from psychedelics, but weed...

For such a long time weed was amazing but it has fucked up to many of my trips and now just gives me intense paranoia and anxiety when i smoke. I could be outside in my backyard smoking a joint and have unreasonable anxiety that the police might be outside.

I still touch it a few times a year if im really aiming to get super fucked up on combos of drugs.

Maybe its the strains of sativa i had been smoking but ever since it just started getting way to negative of experince paired with strong HPPD just on joints alone i have seen some scary fucking visuals that rivaled strong lsd trips which is why im quite negative about weed these days. Maybe high potency weed is just not the way it should be smoked. Hash oil is even worse for a bad trip by itself.

But after a year and a half of quitting daily cannabis i would say things improved and memory was getting better and feeling less depressed.

I wish it wouldn't give me such sinister visuals on LSD and ruin my trips though since i really did love when it was more happy super intense thing to add to the trip. I would always smoke weed every time i do mdma and might have a joint later on in this month when i take some mdma and ketamine on top to take the high to a more psychedelic realm but even then the anxiety creeps in. I pretty much just have to sit or lie down and focus on the music and breathe through the weed highs now. Give me 5 tabs of LSD and i can function just fine with zero anxiety fucking smoke a entire joint and i just shutdown in paranoia and anxiety.

For me, indicas give me way more anxiety, a nice clean sativa is pretty easy for me to handle, comparatively. I also like it better not being a regular smoker, my dreams are way more intense and I'm more energetic and sharper mentally, and it feels easier to do everything, especially when it comes to feeling comfortable socially with random people out and about in the world.

I used to smoke weed daily up until about the time I started dropping acid (and taking speed) . All of a sudden it started making me paranoid and anxious and I stopped touching ever since. I always wondered if there was a connection between starting acid (or speed) and losing faith in weed. It was weird to go from pracitcally being addicted to weed to being unable to stomach the thought of it overnight.

I imagine thorazine, seroquel, and zyprexa would all significantly depress any psych, possibly just knock you out or stop the trip for the most part

People say benzos, but I've done benzos plenty on psychs, and yes they depress it a bit, but does not stop the trip...I rather like some Valium with acid

I used to smoke weed daily up until about the time I started dropping acid (and taking speed) . All of a sudden it started making me paranoid and anxious and I stopped touching ever since. I always wondered if there was a connection between starting acid (or speed) and losing faith in weed. It was weird to go from pracitcally being addicted to weed to being unable to stomach the thought of it overnight.

Not really, while others drugs are better than weed in terms of euphoria, how you feel although I say this with the hand on my heart, a 7g Scooby will put you back to bed -- I say that there isn't any connection, it's all in your head. You created this perception, every drugs but when we're talkin bout weed we cut that off, every drug it's good in it's own ways. I don't think there's any logical statement behind.

the DMT gods also hate weed. Once you clear weed out of your system DMT becomes even better you can go deeper and learn more and acutally bring back lessons instead of forgetting half the shit if you were smoking weed the day on or before the trip.