Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

psychedelic movies , like far out man

"The Trip" is the best on dvd cuz you have Roger Corman talking about how he dropped acid with mosta the crew to prep for the movie=D

Heavy Metal - I loved this movie and while ive yet to see it on psy.....It was very trippy and i love the short stories and how it constantly keeps ur attention......Yet they all lead up to one big story....Plus it was kinda poetic too....

And the music was awesome!!!

Animatrix was very similar and was heavily influenced by Heavy MEtal......It was the present day Heavy Metal IMO......Heavey Metal 2000 sucked asss!!!

bladerunner-
always missed in sobriety:the replicants are not filmed during their 'creation', therefore the psychadelic effect is that the viewer can feel what it's like to have a replicant's mind-instantly spawned, no memory, but seeming ages prior to consciousness.

moulin rouge-
if you can handle the romantic story without hinting toward the cliche, enjoy the excellent use of colors and the depth of characters.

dark side of the oz-
[note:this is wizard of oz on mute with pink floyd's dark side of the moon as audio-start floyd on the third growl of the mgm lion]of course this wholly new way to experience the story of dear dorothy needs no further explanation.

waking life

big fish

i was high on heroin when i saw these movies, but they were still trippy because the heroin gave them this otherworldly radiant dream-like sensation, which was kinda the point of them anyway.

Check out the move based on the Hesse novel, STEPPENWOLF, this is a truly psychedelic movie. Great ending.

stinkfoot said:
Fantastic Planet

I <3 Fantastic Planet

Hell yeah!

the first time I saw it i was trippin on a good dose of shrooms....and wow it was so eye-opening and a life-changing experience for me. The strange world and creatures inspired me so much, since i love fantasy. The entire story is awesome, i never looked at pets and animals the same way again. great animation even though it's all old-school. it's now one of my all-time favorite tripping movies.

i'd like to see it in a live-action movie but then again i'm afraid they'd fuck it all up and just go nutz with the special effects...though i wouldn't mind seeing how they do it.

=D

^ La Planete Sauvage was the first film i thought of when i saw this thread title. For those that don't know it, it's the film Jen Lopez gets stoned to in The Cell.
The choppy animation which has many still pauses compensates with pencil shading through the colours. Under a psych influence they stll move. Sweet stuff.

Vanilla Sky- Made me question my entire existence and just overall fucked with my head.

Waking Life!

whoa is all I can say. i swear everytime I watch it I come up with new understandings of the movie...which is a hard movie to explain. Not much of a plot just a boy exploring his dreams. With animation drawn on to real time film.

strange days

old movie from the '80's? about the future and the virtual reality black mkt....very cool, weird...people getting high off other's visions

being john malkovich

finding a portal into john malkovich's head in an office building...

dark city
see it.
dc07.jpg

^^ that looks cool - would definately go with being john malkovich too, that movie was tripped out in a really great way.

Where are the modern equivalents of bands like the monkees and the beatles that made bonkers psychedelic movies?? I'm looking at you flaming lips!

...from Lewis Carroll tale (who wasn't so much of a nice guy), completely mushrooms inspired
was lewis carroll a bad guy?
we know he liked the company of little girls, but if he never did anything wrong to them, where is the problem?
just as is shown in finding neverland : what's wrong about barry liking the company of the boys if it's not ill intentioned?

also. although it really seems like it, i've read that alice in wonderland was absolutely not inspired by mushrooms and that carroll had never eaten any
i of course don't know which is true

The Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys.
I am not sure if it would be classified as psychedelic but it could be. It was one of those movies we popped in the DVD player high as fuck and were pleasantly surprised.

A lot of David Cronenberg films take on dark significance on psychedelic drugs. Always seems that the thing going on is really just a symbol for the dark subconscious . . . can't remember any film titles offhand, seen a few to many I guess.

And, of course, "What the Bleep Do We Know?!" - the way it sheds light on the infinite possibilities we do have in our lives and on quantum physics is totally in sync with what I am preoccupied with due to my psychedelic insights.

1. The Jacket - Guy goes crazy and gets injected with a uknown substance, put in a "Jacket" and locked in a morgue. He keeps experiencing the past, finally learns how to harness it and starts looking into the future. I can ramble on and on JUST WATCH IT!!!
2. Battlefield earth
3. The abyss
4.CONTACT

My Hallucinogen Movie List

The Holy Mountain-
Completely insane and beautiful, if you can look into the symbolism of this film it will blow your mind. Its all about the ending my friends.

The Fountain-
A brilliant masterpiece, stunning visuals, deep meaning in every second of this film, every frame leaves you gasping for air.
A quote from the movie "Death is the road to awe"

Waking Life-
This movie is incredible,beautiful,stunning,mind blowing.
It questions the very foundations of life! The mind has endless possibilities,We are all dreamers!
All you have to do is watch and listen, take it all in.

Pi-
I watched this high on acid.
All I can say is that this movie is imprinted on my brain...
Another masterpiece in my opinion.

Journey To The Edge Of The Universe-
The visuals are amazing, jumping from planet to planet, galaxy to galaxy... right to the edge. Once again I watched this on acid, there is so much meaning in this film, take in the knowledge and see what you come up with.

Baraka-
No words can express how I feel for this film.
Just watch.

The Search For Enlightenment:
Matrix Trilogy
Fight Club
V for Vendetta

More interesting movies to check out:
Blueberry
Barton Fink
Memento
Planet Earth
Gonzo
No Country For Old Men