Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

psychedelic movies , like far out man

Evil dead 2: Dead by Dawn

NSFW:

evil-dead-2_000.jpg

Dead Man starring johnny depp is a beautifully psychedelic western. Neil Young provides the soundtrack

I'm surprised nobody mentioned A Scanner Darkly (made by Richard Linklater, same guy who did Waking Life). Possibly my favourite drug movie, however it's a really strange movie and has a decent possibility of inducing a bad trip if you're on a lot of psychs.

At the same time, though, it's definitely a really good movie that speaks out against totalitarian drug laws and the uselessness of life. While psychs aren't explicitly mentioned, there's definite hints at it.

My favourite scene. I'm sure we can all relate to this.

Plus Alex Jones is in it, doing his usual thing.

NSFW:
AlexJones.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, there are movies that are in and of themselves psychedelic in the way they're filmed, and then there are movies that are better appreciated while on psychedelics, and I'm not sure how much overlap there is between the two. I wouldn't abide 'The Cell' played in my house if I was tripping, except maybe the parts with J.Lo as a shrink in a really short skirt.

Three Caballeros -- I picked up a bootleg copy of this classic Disney movie when I was in Taiwan, and now I've lost it. I need to get it for next time I take LSD. It's probably the most psychedelic work Disney ever made. Highly recommended if you've got an hour of tripping time to spare, and don't mind Latin music.

There are a few other Disney movies that contain psychedelic scenes in the same style as Three Caballeros, before returning to a normal plot. The 'Elephants On Parade' dream sequence in Dumbo is one. Can anybody name any of the others?

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is surreal, so that's kinda psychedelic. :\

A lot of David Cronenberg films take on dark significance on psychedelic drugs. Always seems that the thing going on is really just a symbol for the dark subconscious . . . can't remember any film titles offhand, seen a few to many I guess..

Videodrome!

Dead Man starring johnny depp is a beautifully psychedelic western. Neil Young provides the soundtrack

yea, that film was played a lot on IFC a 2-3 years ago. The injuns be trippy bushes man.