View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic mindspace vs "addictive" drugs

awesome31311

Bluelighter
I'd like to know the deal behind certain drugs being called "addictive", really.

I have tried the "addictive downers" like heroin and the prescription stuff that kills people by the thousands every year, and has created our worst crisis in America ever that climaxed in the 21st century.

I didn't like the mindspace that they gave me, it was so numbing, and I could not do anything, thinking was a challenge, and I could only think about how this was mere sedation, and there's so much I could be doing rn, etc.

I've come to realize that you have to be of a certain mindset, it really is a psychological disease, an illness, to be able to get "addicted" to that stuff. "Normal people" who try these things do not tend to keep coming back for more, unless of course, their environment made it way too easy for them, and their psychological circumstances made it near impossible to say no.

On the other hand, when I tried acid, I was immediately "hooked". I wasn't tripping every day, just every now and then, a couple of times a year. I really appreciated the consciousness of the experience, being able to really map my thoughts and connect the conscious and the subconscious, and paint with my mind. It brought upon the fullness of life's experiences for me, and got me going to art galleries, painting, and making music in my head.

What was most important was that my very first trip let me ditch an addiction to stimulants for good. See, that's another thing. When you like to be a functional person like myself, diagnosed bipolar as I have racing thoughts that are usually all over the place, I've noticed that "kind of mind" makes you more attracted to the stimulant side.

In short I feel like it's dependent on individual brain chemistry, and not on the substance actually being super attractive to every human to be using every day or so. The only reason we see so many fall to heroin and opioids is because those are the substances it is most easy to overdose on, even on first use.

People who have had an opioid crisis or crises, how did it start? What is appealing about the experience?

People who have had an opioid crisis or crises, how did it start? What is appealing about the experience?

I may come back to write more on this later but this part of your post:
When you like to be a functional person like myself, diagnosed bipolar as I have racing thoughts that are usually all over the place, I've noticed that "kind of mind" makes you more attracted to the stimulant side.
Sounds like me and is why the downers (opioids, benzos) felt so good to me. I wanted to shut the racing thoughts off for awhile. Opioids helped me think because I could think deeply about something in a nod and be at peace for a little while. Without the opioid my mind was constantly racing to the point where I couldn't fall asleep or deal with large crowds. It was one of the main factors for why I had anxiety in social situations and why I found other people annoying.

On opioids I could:
-Deal with other people's bullshit without coming off as an asshole
-Forget the various things that cause me pain (both mental and psychical)
-Work longer and harder
-Have sex for far longer than normal (going several hours rock hard without orgasm) which sometimes wasn't fun because I couldn't finish but the women seemed to enjoy it
-I felt like a Rockstar: Out going, social, life of the party, could talk to women, people enjoyed my company more.
-No racing thoughts and totally content with myself, the world, and everything in it.

These are not the reasons I got started with opioids but they are the reasons why I continued to use them. Of course as time rolled on I became more selfish, quick to anger, constantly worried about the next w/d and where the next fix was coming from. I started doing things for the next fix that were shameful and not who I was as a person. I started getting greedy with my money and drugs which is totally unlike me. I could go on and on about the depths of my addiction but I don't want to get into it right now. The short version is I mainly started taking them for legit pain, figured out I liked the high itself, and didn't manage to break free for ten years. The use of opioids ruined my life, killed a lot of people close to me and 3 years later I'm still trying to pick up the pieces.

Also, when I started pills weren't worth anything. I used to trade joints of Mexican dirt weed for handfuls of Percocet and Vicodin. My first true nod was from an old school OxyContin pill. They guy wanted a joint of weed bad and traded me the pill. He actually had to talk me into the trade. He told me to crush it and snort half of it. I can't remember how many milligrams that was but half of it made me drool on myself and go into a deep nod. At some point I came out of the nod and did the other half of the pill. I didn't know what oxycodone was at the time but I knew I liked it better than anything else I'd tried up until that point in life. I was 15 years old.

Last edited:
I hate opis, most just make me sick, give me a terrible headache and make me itchy. I want to take a bunch of benzos/ghb/gbl and sleep it off except that isn't an option because I don't have any opi tolerance so I might not wake up. It's pure torture unill it wears off. I don't know what people se in them (but to each his own). Even for pain dissos work a lot better (considering some are used for surgical anaesthesia this isn't surprising). Never got any euphoria from most. The only 3 I liked are tramadol, odsmt and vaped butyr fent (I guess you can add parafluorobutyr fent to the list because it's just a weaker butyr fent).

Gabaergics on the other hand are very euphoric for me, my favorite being ghb/gbl, flunitrazolam, flubromazolam, flualprazolam, nitrazepam and N-methyl clonazepam... but really other than lorazepam, diclazepam (hate both), deschloroetizolam (perhaps if a 12 mg pill cost as much as a 1 mg etizolam pill), alprazolam which is imo very overeated... I like the rest I have tried (which means most, can't find any phenazolam/fonazepam/deschloromidazolam, fludiazepam, flutemazepam, pynazolam,.. ). And one the pharma side nitrazepam > diazepam > clonazepam > etizolam > phenazepam > alprazolam >>>>>> lorazepam).

Would love to try midazolam (especially IV), triazolam, brotizolam, nimetazepam, flunitrazepam, temazepam to name some. But you can only get a script for midazolam (good luck finding a doctor willing to give it to you) and the blackmarket prices are insane vs rc benzos + pills are somewhat easy to get, good luck buying pure powder or iv solutions.

I'd like to know the deal behind certain drugs being called "addictive", really.

I have tried the "addictive downers" like heroin and the prescription stuff that kills people by the thousands every year, and has created our worst crisis in America ever that climaxed in the 21st century.

I didn't like the mindspace that they gave me, it was so numbing, and I could not do anything, thinking was a challenge, and I could only think about how this was mere sedation, and there's so much I could be doing rn, etc.

I've come to realize that you have to be of a certain mindset, it really is a psychological disease, an illness, to be able to get "addicted" to that stuff. "Normal people" who try these things do not tend to keep coming back for more, unless of course, their environment made it way too easy for them, and their psychological circumstances made it near impossible to say no.

On the other hand, when I tried acid, I was immediately "hooked". I wasn't tripping every day, just every now and then, a couple of times a year. I really appreciated the consciousness of the experience, being able to really map my thoughts and connect the conscious and the subconscious, and paint with my mind. It brought upon the fullness of life's experiences for me, and got me going to art galleries, painting, and making music in my head.

What was most important was that my very first trip let me ditch an addiction to stimulants for good. See, that's another thing. When you like to be a functional person like myself, diagnosed bipolar as I have racing thoughts that are usually all over the place, I've noticed that "kind of mind" makes you more attracted to the stimulant side.

In short I feel like it's dependent on individual brain chemistry, and not on the substance actually being super attractive to every human to be using every day or so. The only reason we see so many fall to heroin and opioids is because those are the substances it is most easy to overdose on, even on first use.

Tripping once or twice a year is nowhere near being 'hooked. It's not a fair comparison anyway as addiction does not occur with classic psychedelics.

But carry on tripping and you just might find a side of yourself you don't like. Over the course of subsequent trips this dislike can eat away at you. Somewhere along the line you might encounter opiates. Even though you may have used them in the past and thought 'meh', there comes a point where it serves a purpose.

That person you started to dislike is suddenly a totally chilled out dude with no worries and everyone else can get to fuck!

That doesn't last long. Before you know it you've cut yourself off from everyone that gives a shit because 'they don't understand.

You hate yourself and everyone else pities you. The only way to cope is to get deeper into addiction.

This can happen to anyone, even those that don't understand it at first...