• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Medicines Decrease Preference for Authoritarianism

They're two facets of a process. It's through overinflation that the ego can implode on itself. Clinging to your beliefs driven to the max makes you wanna let go even if the only thing left for facing uncertainty of cosmic proportions is love.

The troublesome people are stuck halfway, you see.

Just watching "the Man in the High Castle" and found it interesting that the young Nazi's were ogiastically enjoying LSD. Of course it's TV, an imaginary world in which Hitler won the war and expanded persecution of Jews etc. into America. The Japanese took over the west coast, and several alternate realities simultaneously connect in odd ways.

I put it off because of my innate abhorrence of Nazi's but now as long as I skip the intro music (Edelweiss) I'm fine, and have even come to empathize with authoritarian figures' private lives and decisions. We all make some mistakes, some are worse than others.
I watched this series, couldn't get through the last season though, but I enjoyed the rest. I thought it was quite underrated, but I can't really remember if it's weaknesses that were obvious in the last season were present in earlier seasons as well.

Here's some criticism of the study:

Great link, I didn't listen to the podcast fully but it was interesting, they have some other really good articles too.

Last edited:
They're two facets of a process. It's through overinflation that the ego can implode on itself. Clinging to your beliefs driven to the max makes you wanna let go even if the only thing left for facing uncertainty of cosmic proportions is love.

The troublesome people are stuck halfway, you see.

I have many questions about that and still somehow that's so beautiful.