• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

[Psilocybin] Teen shot to death during home invasion

^ StroOnZ would of magically known that it was "only" psilocybin mushrooms the assailant was intoxicated on and knocked the motherfucker out like Mike Tyson.

It is also worth noting that the homeowner did not shoot to kill, he shot the guy in the arm that then enterred his chest. It isn't as if he even shot him in the head which is obvious intent to kill, I actually believe the man had the right to do whatever he wants to a potentially dangerous intruder in his home.

This guy suffered a fatal gunshot wound and managed to fight with the homeowner hard enough that they travelled through several rooms of the mans house. I don't see what is harmless about that? He was obviously down for a fight and he obviously had a reasonable capacity to fight. I am glad you are powerful enough to incapacitate this man immediately when a bullet could not, that doesn't mean the rest of us are.

By the way I am not 14, I just found it amusing to see you get rebutted effectively after presenting such a ridiculous argument. By the way what exactly is this straw man you keep banging on about?

Shooting someone almost anywhere (if you knew anything about firearms) is a sure way to kill someone because of a "fatal wound." The homeowner may have had the right to protect himself, under the right circumstances - which in this case they weren't.

You can conjure up all the scenarios you want to make yourself feel better about your stance, but if you ever decide to step into the logical realm of thought. You would then think about the logical point of view in this situation, "getting shot on a psychedelic drug while thinking you're at home" - the connection being, how is the kid able to advance throughout the house while sustaining a gun shot wound in an already delusional mind state... does "fight or flight" ring a bell? :| Regardless of whether you can make the connection or not, it doesn't matter because you're wrong. The kid didn't deserve the die, the homeowner couldn't handle an 18 year old tripping on Mushrooms and honestly, this guy better hope that Barnett's family doesn't have a good lawyer because he will be royally fucked.

I highly doubt that you're over 14 because you spell like a 14 year old. If you believe my argument is ridiculous, congratulations on being unreasonable. Use Google if you don't know what a straw man is...

^ StroOnZ would of magically known that it was "only" psilocybin mushrooms the assailant was intoxicated on and knocked the motherfucker out like Mike Tyson.

You got it all wrong you see... I wouldn't have hid in his house like a big pussy, pointing my rifle outside the window. I would have went outside with a bat and a flashlight, the same way I've done in the past with other possible intruders. I would have then noticed that this kid is clearly on some sort of drug, the second I flashed the light into his eyes. Then my next move would primarily be dependent on his ability to understand and communicate. Such as, "this is not your house," and then we would go from there. I would highly doubt it getting violent, because it just isn't a situation that calls for it.

The only reason why it became violent in this scenario, is because the guy shot him which obviously provoked the already confused teenager.

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to say any point you've brought to this entire debate is far from logical. I now understand how you were able to say you could tell he was tripping because I can now tell from my general observation that you're tripping on about a about 20 hits of acid. Go get some rest. You're being irrational. This is not your home.

I think you will find many gun shots don't cause fatalities, particularly shots in the arm.

I don't think anyone said the kid deserved to die, just that the home owner acted within his rights and it unfortunately resulted in this kids death. The homeowner was obviosuly not in the coolest state of mind, its easy to sit on your computer and analyse exactly how you would react to a situation its another to actually react to it.

Just because you understand the reality of drugs doesn't mean this man did not believe the shit he has been fed his whole life about drug crazed maniacs. How you or I interpret the situation and how this man interpreted the situation are likely to be VERY different and that is another thing you fail to account for.

I had a few drinks when I wrote that so excuse any spelling mistakes. A quick scan didn't reveal any to me, whatever I have had just a few again. I am 19 years old, not that it has much relevance. I don't care enough what straw man is to look it up, I have been called straw man by you before I believe? Maybe it was someone else, I figured since I was typing out a response to you I would be aswell asking.

I am not going to debate this much further, as I believe both of us have pretty much said all we could say and any further discussion would merely be repition. I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.

^semi-agree :)

I'm gonna have to say any point you've brought to this entire debate is far from logical. I now understand how you were able to say you could tell he was tripping because I can now tell from my general observation that you're tripping on about a about 20 hits of acid. Go get some rest. You're being irrational. This is not your home.

Thanks for the laugh, it's now clear who I'm arguing with...

lulzw.jpg

Have fun with your disturbing insecurities and your delusive concepts of, well, everything. You should probably do something about that grandiose way of thought you've developed, it seriously inhibits your ability to make any sense what-so-ever and being able to think straight is pretty important if you want to try to sound reasonably intelligent.

Last edited:
Shooting someone almost anywhere (if you knew anything about firearms) is a sure way to kill someone because of a "fatal wound." The homeowner may have had the right to protect himself, under the right circumstances - which in this case they weren't.

You can conjure up all the scenarios you want to make yourself feel better about your stance, but if you ever decide to step into the logical realm of thought. You would then think about the logical point of view in this situation, "getting shot on a psychedelic drug while thinking you're at home" - the connection being, how is the kid able to advance throughout the house while sustaining a gun shot wound in an already delusional mind state... does "fight or flight" ring a bell? :| Regardless of whether you can make the connection or not, it doesn't matter because you're wrong. The kid didn't deserve the die, the homeowner couldn't handle an 18 year old tripping on Mushrooms and honestly, this guy better hope that Barnett's family doesn't have a good lawyer because he will be royally fucked.

I highly doubt that you're over 14 because you spell like a 14 year old. If you believe my argument is ridiculous, congratulations on being unreasonable. Use Google if you don't know what a straw man is...

You got it all wrong you see... I wouldn't have hid in his house like a big pussy, pointing my rifle outside the window. I would have went outside with a bat and a flashlight, the same way I've done in the past with other possible intruders. I would have then noticed that this kid is clearly on some sort of drug, the second I flashed the light into his eyes. Then my next move would primarily be dependent on his ability to understand and communicate. Such as, "this is not your house," and then we would go from there. I would highly doubt it getting violent, because it just isn't a situation that calls for it.

The only reason why it became violent in this scenario, is because the guy shot him which obviously provoked the already confused teenager.

1st off, you my friend are projecting yourself as the one with little to no knowledge of firearms.

2nd, I found this for you----What is the Castle Law?

"A form of the Castle law, or Castle Doctrine as it is also known as, can be found as far back as in the English Common Law of the 1700's.
I have also found evidence it goes back even further.

In the Old Testament, under the laws provided to the newly liberated Hebrews, Exodus 22:2 states, “If a thief is caught while breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there will be no bloodguiltiness on his account” (New American Standard Bible)

The modern law basically says that your place of residence is one in which you should be able to protect yourself from illegal trespassing and attack. Some states have recenctly updated the legislation and now also gives this kind of protection to you while you are in your vehicle as well as your place of employment.

This law gives you the legal right to use deadly force to defend your Castle. In a legal context, therefore, use of deadly force which actually results in death may be defended as justifiable homicide under the Castle Doctrine.

Each state is responsible for it's own castle law legislation so it is very important for homeowners everywhere to understand the laws they are governed by. For instance, some states have a stand your ground aspect while others employ a duty to retreat clause and they have big impacts on how you have to handle yourself in your own home to make sure you are fully protected."

and also the kentucky law where the shooting happened,--

The Castle Law in Kentucky

"Kentucky also updated their castle law in 2006. Another example of the states expanding the rights of the citizens in the use of deadly force, if necessary, when defending oneself against violent crime.

It is the responsibility of the individual to know and understand any changes made to thier states castle law and the NRA website is an excellent site to start with. Another site to bookmark as a favoite is the Kentucky Legislature Home Page as it will be an excellent source of information.

And don't forget, residents of Kentucky can purchase home security yard signs and automotive window decals so you can alert the public that you are informed and prepared.""

research the Castle Law and learn something before you start spouting off stupid shit and calling people rednecks, straw man, and shoot 1st ask ?s later:\ Although that is usually the best thing to do=D

^semi-agree :)

Thanks for the laugh, it's now clear who I'm arguing with...

lulzw.jpg

Have fun with your disturbing insecurities and your delusive concepts of, well, everything. You should probably do something about that grandiose way of thought you've developed, it seriously inhibits your ability to make any sense what-so-ever and being able to think straight is pretty important if you want to try to sound reasonably intelligent.

awww look you're trying to be funny.... Stick with your arguement - it's a lot more hilarious than your pretty pictures.

I think you're a moron. Like seriously. This has got to be the dumbest thing i've ever read in my ENTIRE life. But I don't have to worry much about you living too long. Once some babbling psycho breaks into your house and you attempt to hold his hand, you're idiotic dribble will cease to spew from your mouth. Fuck.
and
garuda said:
Are you insane? A crazy babbling grown man who could be much stronger and larger than you breaks into your house in the night and bites you and you're going to have a nice chat and comfort him? You are spouting bullshit to prove you're superior to the supposed redneck you imagined.

I feel sorry for your spouse and or children if you are actually that irrational.
and
selfmeditaker said:
Its so fucking insane that its hard to absorb. How can somebody say that when somebody breaks into your home in the middle of the night/morning and doesn't adhere to your warnings and then continues to attack you and bite you and wjo knows, this guy or in any case could be armed with a weapon as well but hasn't shown it yet. Whoever is dumb enough to take that chance and be his "friend" and make him some hot coco because the poor guy is just on a little shrooms and wouldnt hurt a fly fuck me running I sometimes wonder about people
I know which side I'm on and it ain't planet plur.

^ that would be our side, the 3 quoted above right??

I guess the "planet plur" confused me:\

Please steer clear of personal attacks, even if they're photos. The thread will be closed if they continue.

^sorry Phrozen, i believe we did kind of steer off the thread topic---we can all be friends;)

Every time I see a headline like this it makes me sad, not only for the people involved but also understanding the probability of seeing any psychedelic being legal in my lifetime is truly only a dream. Not that I argue for the benefits of psychedelics often (the old adage "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts" comes to mind with most people) but the times I was foolish enough to try, I always heard shit like this headline, or how some kid on acid tried to fly. People never realize this makes news because it's so rare...

To all those who think the homeowner should have realized that the kid was trippin', and therefore not have shot him...

I think the exact opposite.

I mean the trippin on shrooms part provides an extra dimension of danger, fuck, I'd much rather be attacked by some dude than by some dude trippin' balls on shrooms referring to me as 'dad'

that shit would just creep me the fuck out

I'd be like

wo-hoooo okayyyyy...
time to die

To all those who think the homeowner should have realized that the kid was trippin', and therefore not have shot him...

I think the exact opposite.

I mean the trippin on shrooms part provides an extra dimension of danger, fuck, I'd much rather be attacked by some dude than by some dude trippin' balls on shrooms referring to me as 'dad'

that shit would just creep me the fuck out

I'd be like

wo-hoooo okayyyyy...
time to die
"wo-hoooo okayyyyy...
time to die"

^This right there,

MADE ME CHOKE ON MY BEER I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD AS I READ IT=D=D!!!!!!

^now I like the way you posted on this topic, didnt pick a side, or try an argue like the rest of us. But I still disagree about the whole, "if the homeowner would have been educated on drugs, or if he would have noticed etc etc etc. Truth is that for the people who do drugs are more capable of detecting when a person's is on drugs but even the most experienced drug knower' cant tell when a person's on drugs. What if the kid was on meth or something, would we be saying well the guy should of known he was on meth or blah blah blah. Point is, when it comes to a person being under the influence of any drugs, be it mushrooms, LSD, crack, meth, opiates, what have you, nobody can ever know or tell what a person is going to do or think or act when confronted by a homeowner while breaking into his house. Yes, its a terrible terrible thing that happened, a young kid lost his life and now the aftermath a man has to go through the rest of his life knowing that he killed the kid, even though he didnt shoot to kill, he shot him in the arm and the bullet traveled to his chest. But after all this is said and done the homeowner didn't do anything wrong. He was protecting himself and his family and his home from what an intruder and an attacker.

May the soul of the departed RIP.

^you couldn't have summed it up any better!!! Nice post, oh and btw...

I looooove chexmix;)

Someone breaks into my house, whether they're on drugs and babbling or trying to steal my TV, armed or unarmed is going to get 10 rounds center mass.

There's no excuse for breaking and entering, I don't care if you're high or what, it's called personal responsibility. Take your drugs and get high, enjoy yourself.

I might be a little nicer if it's light outside and only grab a .22. I'm a good shot though, but who knows when it comes to it, I might decide to try to incapacitate you, and a few .22 rounds in your arms and legs won't kill you (probably), but a few in your chest will, if slowly. 15 will do so quickly. If it's dark outside, I'm grabbing my PM9 and emptying it in your chest.

Had this kid broke into my dad's house, it would have been much worse. I suspect he would have had a pistol in his mouth before he bit anyone.

i definitely dont think the guys who sold him the shit should be charged, but i definitely get why the homeowner would shoot the kid, id do the same if some fucked up person was trying to break into my house, especially if he was fighting me. i dont think anyone should be punished here, the kid getting killed is punishment enough.