• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Psilocybin (2.0g) - Novice - Several psilocybin trips later, i'm no longer atheist

latchboogie

Greenlighter
I've taken shrooms about 10 times in the past 6 months. I’m beginning to think that all of human history and all religions have been shaped by psychedelic experiences.

To have an experience where you leave the human realm and enter an infinite, ultimate reality with powerful spirits and god energies is truly humbling and incredibly awakening. It’s near impossible to have such an experience without coming back believing in god, gods, or other worldly beings of fathomless intelligence, power, and significance.

Without needing to dig too deep into history, it’s clear that mushrooms and blue lotus flowers were part of ancient Egypt. It’s quite easy to think about the story of creation and interpret many key themes through the lens of psychedelics. The story of creation. The story of the Garden of Eden and the Tree of Knowledge. The concept of visions and dreams in the Bible. The role of prophets and their conversations and exchanges with gods.

Perhaps the Egyptians were right and it was the ancient Jews who were wrong that there is only one god. Or perhaps the idol worshippers were wrong and it was the psychedelic-enlightened ancient Jews who understood there was a bigger, all-connected universe and space beyond the physical symbols of idols.

What is the reason for prayer? Is it to recognize these higher powers, show respect and gratitude, and demonstrate one’s belief, praise, and devotion? It’s clear when living as an atheist that the magic of human conception and birth, the magic of seeds bearing edible fruit, the magic of living things bonding and loving one another - these all happen whether you believe, whether you pray, or whether you simply wake up each day and plod forward.

My pursuit is one of knowledge. But perhaps I want to actually achieve freedom. Mental freedom. Financial freedom. Freedom from human scarcity, longing, loneliness, and the unending pursuit of resources, comforts, and prideful recognition.

Perhaps spending minutes a day or hours a week, or every sabbath in a present, undistracted state, where one is grounded and steeped in gratitude is useful. And perhaps it’s a routine and tradition that both connects us together, connects us with the powerful singular fabric of all living things, and grounds us in our eternal place.

I now believe that physical life, made of cells that split, seeds that sprout, and animals that procreate - these are physical beings that are infinite. Sure there is extinction, but only of an individual species, not of all life.

And I now believe that beyond the physical body, there are spirit energies, souls, and non-physical representations of individuals that are infinite in number. These souls can coexist at once. There is no scarcity. There is no growth limit. There is no constraint of time, or space, or resource, or anything.

An infinite number of souls can coexist in an infinite reality.

I’m beginning to think that nature is my church. That being in the woods, in the ocean, on a mountain top, in a garden, or in any natural place - I am in awe of the buzz of it all. There are an unlimited number of beautiful, awe inspiring places to see. Streams that pass over tree roots. Mosses that grow over rocks. Lichen that climbs up limbs. Mushrooms that emerge from decaying timber. Swarms of birds and bees and insects that hum endlessly. Millions of strands of mycelium, intertwined in a single shovel full of soil. Worms and ants and pill bugs that writhe beneath any turned stone.

You don’t need to look very far. In fact, you simply have to notice what is there all the time.

I think our ego and default mode network creates a division. It separates us from the world around us. It filters out the universes that our minds can grasp. It shapes our human experience. It creates the need to be competitive. To meet our needs. To provide for our own survival. To provide for our kin. To grasp, and yearn, and hunger for resources, for food, for money, for recognition.

Beyond the human experience of scarcity and need, there is limitless abundance. There is limitless beauty. Beauty that lies even within death, within ashes, within nothingness. There is infinite time. Infinite space. Infinite multiverses.

And with several glimpses into these realms, I’ve seen many powerful beings that are so much more complex, dynamic, and powerful than any human could ever imagine, let alone be. I’ve seen the building blocks of matter disintegrate before my eyes; seen the underlying material components that everything is made up of - these glints of magical flecks that emit all the colors at once. I’ve seen spirits that feel and display the full range of emotions simultaneously. I’ve observed gods that are timeless and have been around for all eternity.

The gods have had forms. They’ve had physical manifestations. Faces, and body components. Animal horns. Mouths that grin and smile. Voices that whisper and can be heard. Yet, they are more than human. They exist in a system and an experience that is infinitely more complex, more important, and more powerful than anything I’ve seen.

Who am I to even be there? I am nothing, of zero importance, of no significance.

If I could fully resign and surrender, would they consume me? Or would I overcome my fear to move beyond these universes of fear and find the universes of love, warm energy, and infinite compassion. I keep finding myself in dark places. Humbled by powerful forces that can create and destroy universes. The limitless expanse is frightfully cold, vast, and bleak.

I come back to myself, to this world, and feel grateful. This planet is safe. The filters in my mind are useful and helpful and protect me. I don’t want to lose myself and have a mental break. I don’t want psychosis to leave that portal open too long. I don’t want my curiosity to forever leave me scarred.
Yet I find more reasons to take another leap into the abyss. I am drawn to the light. I am chasing some kind of experience. I keep holding myself back and merely dipping my toe in the waters. I want to immerse myself. I want to go all in.