Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Psilocybe Cubensis/1.5g) - Rookie - Incredible Revelation

thotpatrol

Greenlighter
Hi guys, first post on bluelight after being inspired by a lot of other great trip reports that I often enjoy reading through.
I'm writing this up from my last experience on shrooms that I had about two years ago now. I haven't taken shrooms since then (although I do occasionally drop acid with friends still) because of how incredibly intense and exhausting my trips seem to be on them. I've heard it might be to do with my introspective MBTI type (INTP) or maybe my tolerance is just very very low. Whatever the reason, all two of my experiences with shrooms were very mindblowing to me and I haven't felt much of a reason to return to the drug. I'm going to describe my second drip in this report.

A friend, who I'll call O, and I had decided that we'd both take 1.5g of shrooms each that night, around O's girlfriend's free house. She was accompanying us, but we didn't have enough for all three of us so we found somebody that got her what we thought at the time was LSD, which she was pretty familiar with, but this turned out not to be the case and the result was PRETTY bad, but I'll get to that in a bit. We took the dose at around 8 I'd say, and we put on Enter the Void which (as cliche as I know it fucking sounds) was some nice eye candy for us to stare at whilst tripping. A couple hours passed and both O and I complained about how we weren't feeling much of anything at all. O urged me that we should smoke a joint and give up but I declined and suggested that we just wait it out.

We suddenly noticed that O's s/o hadn't said anything to us in probably 40 minutes, and she wasn't replying to anything we were saying. We twigged that something was wrong and O started trying to talk to her face to face, in a comforting sort of way. I felt a little awkward at this point, and asked if I could draw a bath. They were cool with it (I assumed they wanted the intimacy more than anything) so I went up to the landing.
As I waited for the bath to run my stomach started aching badly. I was familiar with this experience before from my previous trip. Like 0-100 it hit me HARD, and I started to seriously overheat. I took my shirt off, trying to grasp back the strings of control by cooling down and getting in the bath I'd ran, but I felt stifled and inescapably hot, so I retreated out onto the landing. My stomach felt like it was in one of the worst pains I'd ever felt, and I doubled over gripping my own stomach, unable to cry out, like I was winded.

I started asking myself whether I was going to die like this, like something was seriously wrong and that it was all going to be over. You probably know what it's like, that raw feeling of dread. It washed all over me, clouded my entire mind and thought process, a total headfuck. Although this felt as if it lasted forever, it was probably no more than 15 minutes or so. Then suddenly, just as fast as it had hit me, it all disappeared, like I'd figured out a key part to a puzzle or a sum that I'd been stuck on for years, and it all fit into place. All my fear washed out, all the pain stopped, and I knew I was going to be okay. It was like my mind went suddenly "Oh yeah, I'm tripping. There's nothing wrong." and I snapped out of it. I got up, feeling very very normal, almost disappointed that my trip had been such a short, horrible experienced, but more happy that I was feeling like I was coming down.

Here's when the most incredible part happened; I went back into the bathroom and submerged myself in my deep warm bath, and suddenly I got this incredible realisation. But unlike realisations that usually come from a thought process you have, this one felt like it had appeared from thin air. Like someone had put it there in my head for me to suddenly know. It felt like a completely original thought, I guess.

I imagined myself zooming out from the bathroom I was in, way out, past the night town, city, country, past the world, galaxy, past the universe. After I imagined what was outside the universe I imagined even further outside of that, and it was an incredibly large disc, a dark oval that on it sat an uncountable number of universes, that were all oval in their shape too. Outside of this plane that all of the universes sat on was a sort of surrounding aura, like a thick membrane that gripped the plane that everything existed on, and that lasted as far as the eye could see. There was nothing outside of that. I imagined that this was actually the sentience of each one of us, and trillions and trillions and trillions more that have never even existed on this planet. They formed a collective together, entirely certain in their function and purpose. They willed the plane that on it sat every universe, including ours, they were what drives every biological and natural element in our universe to work the way that it does, every mechanic behind why cells have the desire to reproduce and continue living, etc. They fuel that drive behind everything. I imagined that they - our sentient souls - were the drive that causes evolution to occur, and that the point of this constant cycle of evolution and reproduction is for beings to reach a point, just like how humans now have, that these sentient souls could enter the universe and inhabit our bodies so that they could explore and enjoy the incredible wonders, emotions and expanse of the world that they'd created. I'm not sure if I'm describing it well, so I'll explain it in another way.

I imagined that every single person on this planet was like a little speck of light to them, that's all that they saw, or sensed I suppose. These specks of light represented our human minds that had evolved to a point where we had the ability to experience consciousness, and I suppose emit some sort of signal that showed to our souls, our true selves, that we could be conscious in experiencing the world around us. I reveled in this new knowledge that our bodies are basically just shells that let our true soul express ourselves and experience the world that we willed to be.

I was in such total awe of this, it all suddenly rushed into my head in the space of half a minute, from absolutely nowhere at all in my conscious mind. This wasn't an out of body experience or anything, I was still firmly in the tub but it was just an incredible spontaneous thought I've never been able to shake. I don't know much about religion and I wonder if others have ever imagined or experienced a worldview like this. Even two years later I remember what I remembered then just as I remembered it, and I don't think I'll ever forget it. In case I do though, I've written it up for all of you here.

Hope you guys enjoyed, if you need any clarification feel free to ask, I'd love to answer any q's

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_mushrooms
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_secondtime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
exptype_spiritual
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Shrooms are fun, however for me, if I eat mushrooms without smoking weed, I find it insanely dull , it leaves me yawning constantly and the curtains move, only when I smoke weed with it, do I find my shroom trip to be activated. Anyone relate?

Beautiful trip, thotpatrol! Thank you for posting! :)

I can fully relate to the insight you've gathered as I keep experiencing similar insights on the nature of our mind and reality...
And yes, being introspective by nature naturally gives one "ability" to trip harder IME.;)