Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Psilocybe Cubensis – New Experience – “Do I Exist?”

Ramirez

Bluelighter
Setting: At my house, either in my room or in the backyard.

Mood: Ready to eat some mushrooms and have a deep experience, not in that I’m trying to get superhigh and just fucked up, but to have interesting thoughts.

Time of ingestion: 1830.

I ate the shrooms in my room. There was about 3.5 grams, which I knew would suffice since I am relatively experienced with LSD. I was told that it would take about an hour and fifteen minutes to two hours for them to kick in, so I just sat in my room for a little bit (about 45 minutes) playing Iridion 3D (which by the way is hard as fuck). Then I decided I wanted to play some MW2 until they kicked in. By this point, my mind was already starting to get slightly addled but I really didn’t notice. Since I hadn’t activated the 48-hour code given to me yet, I started on the campaign. However, the beginning credits were weirding me out. At this point, I was starting to get the bodily feelings. I decided that I didn’t want to waste a fine trip on some videogame that I could play anytime I wanted, so I went back up to my room to enjoy the trip. I lay on my bed and noticed that my wall, which is normally blue, had turned a strange shade of green, but then it would morph slowly back to blue, then green again. I puzzled over this for about a half hour until the sun set (I’d originally planned to walk to the top of the hill and watch the sun set, but I was feeling pretty lazy.)

I had some strange thoughts like: “What am I? A human being.” Such thoughts plagued me, and I came to the conclusion that I am a human being, which is nothing more than a very large collection of cells which compose organs, all held together by skin and constantly being operated by the brain...essentially, I broke down the entire human body in my mind, though I have never taken a biology course in my life. I decided to read a little pamphlet on weather that was lying around, which is written at a basic level. I got through a few pages until I came to a passage that didn’t make sense to me at all. I don’t have the booklet with me right now so I can’t tell you what the passage exactly was. By that point, I’d decided I wanted to go out to the backyard and smoke a bowl of granddaddy purp, out of sight from any prying eyes.

Once I was outside, the strange thoughts came back, only instead of biological, they were philosophical. I entered into a deep mental dialogue in which I questioned my own existence, and I felt like I had to prove my existence to myself. After some time of deliberation over a cigarette, I came to the conclusion that as long as I think I exist and believe it absolutely, then I will continue to exist so long as my body is alive. I then wondered what would happen once I died, if I would slip into a state like in Waking Life in which I am stuck in a constant dreamlike state for a long period of time. By that point the cigarette was out, I was at the peak of my trip, and I wanted to smoke the bowl.

I knew it would be good, and that the trip would be enhanced by the bud. Once I finished, I was able to make out some faint fractals. They slowly became more and more vivid, and they made me feel strange. It got to the point where they would be in open eye view, faintly superimposed over everything. I sat out there for a long time, silently enjoying the light show, when random songs began to play in my mind. I only remember that a fragment of “Dreaming” by System of A Down was playing itself, and that the fractals would move and shift colours to the song. The mentally played song was so realistic that it basically seemed like I was listening to my Ipod, but I knew I wasn’t. The CEVs weren’t just shapeless fractals, either: sometimes they’d be like a wall of pinwheels, other times they’d look more like this with an image of something superimposed over them. At one point, I saw a pair of cat eyes open up right in front of me, shift through all the colours of the rainbow, wink at me, then close as they sank out of my vision. A few minutes later, I saw a swirling fractal appear very vividly in my open eye view, and it expanded while making these strange chiming noises. That frightened me slightly, and I had to blink my eyes to make it go away, but then I wondered: what if I had gone toward it? What if I let it grow? Would it have engulfed all my senses? Perhaps transport me into another dimension full of chiming sounds and bright colors? I never got to find out, unfortunately, but that didn’t disappoint me terribly, since I justified it by having been so initially frightened that it would have been best to get just a peek at it.

I decided I wanted to go back to my room and lay about some more, perhaps see the fractals in a different setting. I noticed that when I walked into my room, I was hearing strange flute-like noises. Then I saw that different colours were producing different sounds: the “cooler” side of the spectrum (blue, violet, green to some extent) produced lower pitches, while the “hotter” colours produced higher pitches. I lay there for a while, listening to the music my wall was making, most of it being a mellow, unknown harmony. After a while of doing this, I decided to again go outside for another cigarette. My trip was wearing down, but I knew I’d gotten everything I could out of it. When I sat down, the fractals I was seeing – which had never quite gone away – were producing sounds of their own. This time, instead of seeing sounds, I was hearing colours. I wanted to also see if any other senses would be mixed, so I decided to test heat. I decided to see if I could use the cherry end of my cigarette, and sure enough, I could see tiny waves of heat coming off of it, and hear them as well (since I was already hearing colours at this point.)

I also noticed that everything was becoming two-dimensional . A tree in my neighbour’s backyard, which was partially lit, didn’t quite look right. Everything started to take on a flat (but not animated) appearance, as if every object I was looking at was a photograph instead of a three-dimensional object. I became fascinated by this, though I think the whole thing was a result of the lighting on the tree, and the fact that it was dark. The stars in the sky also had halos around them.

After some time of sitting in my backyard (again) I decided that I wanted to lay down in my room, again. I went back inside, to the restroom to see how my pupils were looking. They were madly dilated, which meant I was still tripping. I spent the rest of my trip in my room, contemplating existence and experiencing more of the synaesthesia. After a while the trip began to taper off, and I went to sleep, knowing that I had a successful and fulfilling experience.

substancecode_mushrooms

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool trip report. Mushrooms and Cannabis really are an amazing combination.

The mushies were a nice trip, nothing too crazy, and overall I had a pleasant feeling. Having to prove my own existence was more fun than scary, and I wasn't too bothered by being confused by the weather booklet.

Good report. That must have been interesting having auditory hallucinations, I have never had those before on shrooms - or on anything else for that matter.

Great write-up! Really enjoyed reading that, it's making me even more excited for my first shroom trip! %) Hope I get some synesthesia...

You might. I get it with acid too, except it's more that I hear object moving, like hearing the walls breathing.

I'm slightly kicking myself for the open eye fractal appearing and not doing anything about it, instead blinking and hoping it'd go away. I know the next time that happens (I'm hoping there is a next time) I'll let it grow and see what happens. I'll know to expect it and that I should take full advantage of it.

I don't know what will happen, though. It might not even grow, maybe it'll just chill there and play weird chiming noises all night.