View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Prozac to stop neurotoxin with mdma

magicburrito

Bluelighter
This sounds ridiculous because i was under the impresion that taking those two drugs can be dangerous. but watch this video

Go to minute 16 and watch it. This man is claiming to take prozace as soon as you come down from mdma. Any thoughts on this.

This sounds ridiculous but watch this video

Go to minute 16 and watch it. This man is claiming to take prozace as soon as you come down from mdma. Any thoughts on this.

it would probably just fry your serotonin receptors even more lmao.

it would probably just fry your serotonin receptors even more lmao.
Well he directly talks about the study that maps conducted with rats and mdma and nuro toxicity that was found in the rats that had huge doses and it proved that by taking prozac after an mdma experience the rats recoverd 100%

it makes sense and it has also been discussed on some forum by someone several years ago, someone actually did that every time after they rolled, and while evidence may be somewhat incomplete, I would totally do that also even if there was chance everyone had somehow mistaken, had I prozac and took molly too often.

after an mdma experience
I think these are the key words. Taking during the experience and after are 2 different things. I dont understand the neurotoxicity of MDMA enough to know if the damage is acute or persistent.

Generally it's not advised to combine any SSRIs with Serotonin releasers, but there actually have been studies on it, and prozac seems to mute the MDMA.

Yeah, that’s probably accurate. I’ve taken MDMA wayyyy too much over the course of my lifetime, but I’ve also been prescribed Prozac for most of that time, as well. I know better than to take them both at the same time, but I’d stop a few days before rolling and then resume the day after. No problem. And I’ve never “lost the magic,” despite overdoing it with the MDMA, as I said. Interesting

This sounds ridiculous because i was under the impresion that taking those two drugs can be dangerous. but watch this video

He seems confused about the underlying mechanisms 🤔

Block the serotonin transporter so the toxic dopamine metabolites can't get in there? He shouldn't be suggesting drugs on the basis of something he clearly doesn't understand.

No I do not recommend this. Shouldn't be necessary if used rarely an in correct doses. Far better to use a variety of strong antioxidants to reduce the impact rather than try to fool with SSRI's.

*listened to it again and noticed he called it the "serotonin reuptake transporter", but no such structure exist. The structure is the serotonin transporter, and the process it performs is called reuptake.

Moreover, blocking the reuptake of serotonin doesn't halt the dopaminergic effects of MDMA.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm thank you all for the responses. I looked more into this guy and found more information. He has writting that says the opposite of what hes claiming in the video. I think its pretty irresponsible to claim that you can just take this pill and you will suffer no damage. I looked further into this guy and he has writting that says the opposite of what he is saying in the video so i think that settles it.

I will stick to fish oil and vitamins
Na-R-ALA (a supplement), high doses of vitamin of C and a good sized dose of melatonin at bedtime following the MDMA will give you some good antioxidant coverage.

He seems confused about the underlying mechanisms 🤔

Block the serotonin transporter so the toxic dopamine metabolites can't get in there? He shouldn't be suggesting drugs on the basis of something he clearly doesn't understand.

No I do not recommend this. Shouldn't be necessary if used rarely an in correct doses. Far better to use a variety of strong antioxidants to reduce the impact rather than try to fool with SSRI's.

*listened to it again and noticed he called it the "serotonin reuptake transporter", but no such structure exist. The structure is the serotonin transporter, and the process it performs is called reuptake.

Moreover, blocking the reuptake of serotonin doesn't halt the dopaminergic effects of MDMA.
Yep, totally. The neurotoxin they're referring to is alphamethyldopamine, which causes havoc with catecholamines receptors, not serotonogic

I just take an airborne chewable, has Vit C and other antioxidants. Also use raw unfiltered honey that’s dark in color for its highly bioavailable flavonoid antioxidants. I feel the honey has been a great addition actually.

On top of that, eat an antioxidant rich diet in the days leading up to and after the experience. You want to be topped off both before and most definitely after.

Also as I’ve shown elsewhere on this forum. The neurotoxic metabolites take time to form. You really don’t need to consume too many antioxidants on the day of beforehand but make sure soon as you comedown you take something. I say this so people avoid Vit C beforehand which can dull the roll.

-GC

This - prozac after roll - is ages old recommendation but dosing MDMA with big enough gaps inbetween two doses and having healthy lifestyle in general and using antioxidants and watching out not to overheat or dehydrate is by far better than relaying on prozac that might or might not help at all.

This - prozac after roll - is ages old recommendation but dosing MDMA with big enough gaps inbetween two doses and having healthy lifestyle in general and using antioxidants and watching out not to overheat or dehydrate is by far better than relaying on prozac that might or might not help at all.

Agreed. There’s a whole lot more research surrounding the use of antioxidants as well.

I always like to use myself and those closest to me. None of us have lost the magic cuz I’m anal about antioxidants as soon as we come down.

I rolled hard last Saturday. Even took 5-MAPB with it too, rolled hard as fuck. I honestly feel better than normal. I’m mid 30’s, been rolling since 16, if I was gonna burn out I think it woulda happened by now.

-GC

I feel as if my addiction to researching is revealing somthing about my self. I am self conscious about doing drugs all the time. Like if im not high i just end up looking forward to getting high. And this breeds anxiety about mental health and fear of frying my self, so i search all over the internet for someone to validate my beliefe that these drugs are good for you or that its not toxic if you take a sertain suplement with it. Its like i cant fully enjoy a trip and just let it happen.