• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Proposed Opiate Withdrawl Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

justagirltm

Greenlighter
I am in the midst of writing a grant for a double blind clinical study for opiate withdrawal management through cannabis.

I have read that people's experience on here attempted to ease their withdrawal symptoms by combusting (smoking) cannabis. I am proposing that cannabis is to be orally taken in two different forms: flower made edibles and concentrated THC edibles.

Cannabis edibles made from flowers have a low THC concentration and have the synergistic cannabinoids still in tact versus the concentrates which could possibly help with the following symptoms:
vomiting
kicking
pain
diarrhea

Concentrated edibles that have high THC concentrations from anywhere between 60 - 90% of THC could possibly help eliminate the natural fear of withdrawal process due to making the individual extremely high where he or she is undergoing a psychoactive high which can possibly change the mindset of opiate withdrawal.

My purposed posology (dosing) for the process is:

2-gram flower edible upon last opiate use
30 mg THC concentrated edible upon last opiate use

4-gram flower edible(s) after 6 hours of last opiate use (most edibles come in forms of 1 gram or 2 gram treats)
30 mg THC concentrated edible upon last opiate use

2-grams of flower edibles every 2 hours until the 4th day of withdrawal
50 mg THC concentrated edible every 3-5 hours until the 4th day of withdrawal

After the 4th day of withdrawal taper the dose of the 2-gram edible to every 3-6 hours or as needed
After the 4th day of withdrawal taper the dose of the 50 mg THC edible to every 6-8 hours or as needed

If anyone has the desire and means to try this method, please get in touch with me. I cannot support any other proposed medications with this method because other pharmaceuticals may inhibit the desired effects due to the pharmacokinetics.

I also suggest a having CBD oil on hand in order to counteract all negative psychoactive effects in which this method is not suitable for opiate withdrawal if the psychoactive effects aren't desired and positive

The past studies on cannabis support in so far of my proposed thesis.

It is possible in the future to be financially compensated, perhaps 6 months to a year down the road that anyone who has a written journal about their experience of this method as per described above.

Regards,

Just A Girl TM

Without Recourse

Legal Disclaimer: the above written is just my opinions expressed and by no means is meant to replace medical advice from a medical physician

I truly wish you luck but is it really a cure (so to speak) for withdrawals when the user is stoned out of their mind during the process. Pardon me if I misread your post but I'm pretty sure the substances you mentioned will get the user stoned, no? I mean, could one hold down a decent job doing this, ummm questionable at best. I personally think pot should be legal with no restrictions whatsoever. If I'm not hurting you and yours, have at it! That's just my opinion. Can you speak to my concerns because I really do hope someone comes up with some protocol that could help folks in the near future.

The dosages are not going to have the same effect acrossed the board. Different types of opioids (semi-synthetic/full synthetic, long acting/short acting ect) produce different wd characteristics, thus dosages need to be user and drug specific.

I'm sorry, but this seems very unprofessionally written.... expressing that it will help because the edibles cause one to be high? High doesn't describe in any matter the pharmacokinetics that would allow this to work as well as one can argue the effect is intoxication vs a high. Honestly you don't seem like you're any type of professional with a legitimate study and just done random person begging people to engage in a risky "treatment" t to give case studies to back up or rule out your hypothesis as fact. Your recommended edible doses are extremely high and are completely unstandardized as buds can easily range from 5%-25% THC with varying ratios to other cannabinoids and concentrated as well could easily be 5%-90%.

I don't think anyone should attempt to follow your instructions without a real medical professionalv monitoring the treatment, which due to legality anywhere in the world is extremely unlikely to happen. I think the OP should be more responsible about what they say and not too act like a professional looking for volunteers in their so called "study"especially mentioning financial reimbursement. Honestly Rhys seems like some things started are against the BLUA, but I'm not sure.

I am in the midst of writing a grant for a double blind clinical study for opiate withdrawal management through cannabis.

No you're not.

There's so many problems with this study... I have trouble believing you studied medical anything...

1. Unethical to have a study which would leave humans in untreated withdrawal.
2. Can't do a double-blind study because it would blindingly obvious who got cannabis and who got placebo (to both parties).
3. I was gonna say you can't even do studies with cannabis in the U.S. without crazy permissions, but I see on your other post you're in Canada. I imagine they still have ridiculous restrictions, but even so, #s 1 & 2 still apply.

On a separate note, do you use medical cannabis yourself? Your dosing is not reality-based in a few different ways.

Your understanding of making edibles, edibles dosing, and their effects is also troublesome.

The doses cited for the flower-based edible (2-4 grams you say?) is way too high. That could potentially reach 1000mg THC at the higher end. That would make even your most experienced cannabis user completely useless for 4-8 hours.

If this is an actual study, you're going to see tons of relapses even if you get your dosage right. It will help that they're high on something, but the insomnia and RLS and all the other symptoms THC can't help will still be there.

By now I think the consensus is that the most effective and humane method of opioid detox is some form of ORT/taper, tailored for the individual.

Last edited:
Weed is great and all but I suspect a lot of people are of the opinion it's medically useful for every medical condition ever known to man and superior to any big pharma product for said condition.

ps- Maybe she is writing a grant application. Any old schmuck can write all the grant applications they want. No need for silly things like a DEA license (or canadian equivalent), IRB approval, funding, understanding what "double blind" means, or anything. Of course the chances of approval drop to 0. But you can still write them all day, and even submit them.

The OP seems to have the mindset along the lines of if everyone smoked a joint(dropped LSD) at once the global change in conscience will bring about world peace.... No one drug is the solution to the earth's problems. Life is much more complicated than that.

Regardless of the incorrect dosages, or lack of credentials, she still is trying to help out others, and I think that is admirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.