• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Proper way to I.V. Dilaudid pills (Hydromorphone)

juststl

Greenlighter
:)hey guys, I just joined bluelight a few nights ago and i'm just now starting to dabble into it and find out how it all works ect.. Anyways I wanted to know how others (if they I.V.) how they prepare for injection.. I use the M-4mg imprinted Dilaudid pills and crush 1 up in a folded in half piece of paper then set aside.. then I boil some tap water in a spoon with a lighter to kill any bacteria ect. then I draw it up through the 1cc syringe and put it down and let it cool.. Then I take the crushed 4mg pill and pour into a clean spoon with close to 1cc of water.. Mix thoroughly with the plunger.. Then draw the cloudy solution up through a very tightly balled up small piece of cotton.. I Then squirt the contents back into the clean spoon.. Then I wet a 13mm 0.2u P.E.S. syringe filter with a few drops of water first and then draw the solution in the spoon up through the filter.. Then I remove filter and squirt clear liquid back into clean spoon again and draw it up through the syringe, get all air bubbles out of the syringe then find a vein and slow and steady shoot it up.. Is this a "safe" harm reduction way to do it? or do I need to filter "again" with a new syringe filter?? I would think that's not needed at all but I would like to hear others opinions if anyone wants to chime in.. That'd be cool... thanks guy's ;)

Last edited:
Welcome to BL! :)
In regards to your Dillies, don't waste them trying to IV. Their IV equivalent is 100%, but turning a Dilaudid into a soluble injection is not worth IMO. As you might have some waste and the oral bioavailability is not that bad.

Suggest you parachute them. It will give you a nice buzz. Besides no, no harm reduction in Iv'ng it.
Although soluble, you might get some bigger parts not that visible to you. It's not good for your veins.

4mg is not a high dose, it won't make such a difference IMO.

hydromorphone has a horrible B.A. orally that's a fact.. And as far as I.V. (with 100% B.A.) I use a 0.2u micron filter.. It's not 100% safe but muuuch safer than without that micron filter.. And 4mg of hydromorphone is a VERY high dose to "some" people who are opiate naive.. even for me 4 or 5 mg when I wake up gives me a huuuge rush! And i have a pretty high tolerance.. Thanks for the input though..

If you're going to inject pills with all the binders and fillers, I'd suggest you use a micron filter which you can order online.

I don't personally use a micron filter, I just use cotton, but I've certainly given my veins hell through out the years.

Need to find out more about IV technique? take a look at this thread

...And oh yeah, IV hydromorphone is the only time I've ever felt truly recreational effects from Dilaudids. That rush though!

I know that rush.. Man oh man!! especially when I wake up and i'm in pain and it's the best feeling in the world! But yes 0.2u micron wheel filters can be had on ebay for 24$ for 100 of them.. Not bad..

Since i dont have micron filters I pack the bottom of a 3 or 5cc syringe with or without needle attached with cotton.. maybe the bottom 1/4 and wet the cottons. Crush the pills into powder and dump into the syringe. Draw up in the rig i will actually use to inject the amount of water i want, 40-60cc and add that to the crushed powder. use the plunger from an old rig NOT THE ONE YOU WILL USE TO INJECT and stir it around making sure all the powder get mixed up off the bottom of the cotton. Use cold water. Then replace the plunger in the 3/5cc syringe and spray the solution into the back of the syringe you will use to inject. You might have to give it a good squeeze but you should get almost back exactly the amount of liquid you put it. I'll usually add another 10 units of water to the 3/5cc and stir again and add that in to going for a second wash because i hate to waste. The solution will be crystal clear.

It's not as safe as micron but its a lot better than a cotton in a spoon. It's also great for the Malli brand which have tons of fillers or for doing large shots out of smaller 2/4mg pills.

Please help me IV my dilaudid pills as safety as I can.

What's the best way to mix water to dilaudid mg ratio in a 3cc leur lock syringe. I want to cram as much as I can in it without wasting any, if that makes sense. The 3cc syringes of course actually hold a bit more than that, more like 3.5-4cc max.
Please help in any way you can. I have some previously used wheel filters, but I prefernot to have to use them. Price, and all. I paid ove $5 each and only bought two. I'm on a fixed income at a young age, but I hate how low he bioavailability is on hydromorphone or any opiate for that matter.
Please help if your can. Not interested in the people saying don't do it... I do have some medical training, just not enough. Plus I know my own body.
Thanks!
—Issokay:sus:

368109_original.jpg

Last edited:
Erikmen, what the hell are you talking about? LOL. Oral hydromorphone is nigh on useless. 4mg is plenty for a nice buzz when IVed if the user has a low enough tolerance. No one in their right mind would waste dillies by parachuting them if they are comfortable with IV use and advising that under the pretense of HR is preposterous. If someone is IVing something anyway our goal should be helping with technique to ensure it's as safe as possible. THAT is HR.

OP, your method is sound. Obviously, shooting pills is far from ideal but you're doing a helluva better job than those who backload a rig and cold shake the shit.

When I did them I never had micron filters...was using the k'4s, Roxi 30's, and ABG Morphine 100s, the 100's probly being worst on the veins...but anyway, I would just crush it with the rig in the spoon, add water and suck it up. Not the safest method I know and am not suggesting it, also did it with Exaglo which I'm sure was great for the veins..but anyway I remember reading IR Dillies are the safest to IV, but I could be wrong about that...

Welcome to BL! :)
In regards to your Dillies, don't waste them trying to IV. Their IV equivalent is 100%, but turning a Dilaudid into a soluble injection is not worth IMO. As you might have some waste and the oral bioavailability is not that bad.

Suggest you parachute them. It will give you a nice buzz. Besides no, no harm reduction in Iv'ng it.
Although soluble, you might get some bigger parts not that visible to you. It's not good for your veins.

4mg is not a high dose, it won't make such a difference IMO.

Lol total garbage... Don't listen to this guy. He knows not about what he speaks... IV is roughly 66% more effective than any form of oral hydromorphone

Would anyone happen to know how well hydromorphone goes orally when using CYP Inhibitors? E.I. grapefruit, tonic water, cimetidine?

Thank you

Cimitidine intentensifies and prolonges the rush. Trust me, I banged many thousands of hydro eights.

Take 400 mg of cimitidine 35 minutes prior to your shot. Be aware, however... that habit was precisely what ruined my life.

Cimitidine intentensifies and prolonges the rush. Trust me, I banged many thousands of hydro eights.

Take 400 mg of cimitidine 35 minutes prior to your shot. Be aware, however... that habit was precisely what ruined my life.
Can you PM me please. I don't know how. I was gonna see if you could help me out; answer a few questions.