• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Proper Dose for dried Peruvian Torch chips?

PurityJ

Greenlighter
Hello everyone (and sorry to post this twice, I think I put my other thread in the wrong place). I am new to the forum, but I have some experience in psychedelics already, just not mescaline and so I need advice on taking a proper dose. I recently acquired about 77 Grams of dried Peruvian Torch chips, I just weighed it. My question is, how much should I take for a single dose? Is there enough here to share with one or two other people? The chips are dried pieces of the outside area of the cacti ranging in size from half an inch to three inches. I have been planning on boiling the chips to make a tea, unless someone advises differently. Please let me know any advice you can give on the dosage. Thanks

I don't know much about dried chips, but i'll try to help.
Boiling is a good idea, it'll help get rid of some of the nausea. Reduce the tea, or better yet evaporate it into a resin. You don't want to be drinking lots of this stuff it's awful. I would go it alone, a half ass trip is right up there with blueballs. No fun. Plus cacti are incredibly forgiving, even a high dose doesn't cause much anxiety.
When I reduce my live cactus in a tea (2-3 feet) it boils down to about 25g of resin. This is a very solid trip if you can stomach it all.

So you don't think I have enough for me and one other person? I'm not sure how to evaporate it into a resin but I will look into that. I want to avoid the taste and nausea as much as I possibly can..

i think you have way more than enough, start slow, im not sure how strong your cactus is, and the strength is highly variable, so im gonna recommmend starting with 5-10 grams and see how you react, it takes like 4 fucking hours to kick in totallly, and then it lasts all day, so no need to worry about it wearing off

the information available on alkaloid content is pretty inconclusive. san pedro is studied better and is said to contain 0.3 to over 2 mass percents of dried cactus material. peruvian torch is often said to be stronger than san pedro, but that's not final. if we assume that your cactus contains 1% mescaline, you'd have 770mg of mescaline in there. but it could be more, or less.

one source I could find: https://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_article1.shtml

So you don't think I have enough for me and one other person? I'm not sure how to evaporate it into a resin but I will look into that. I want to avoid the taste and nausea as much as I possibly can..

Nausea is inevitable, but the worst part is the bloating. Something about cactus makes me super gassy. Peppermint tea/peppermint oil is a godsend. You'll have really entertaining superfarts. Smoking weed and drinking peppermint tea will help greatly. Also eat the cactus on an empty stomach, small bits over the course of an hour.
My method is eat the resin and wait, around the 1 hours mark you'll feel intoxicated. Around the 2 hour mark you start getting bloated and nauseous, this is when I start drinking peppermint tea and smoking reefer.
Once the nausea passes I always get super hungry. I usually just eat some saltine crackers or fruits. Once the crackers drop into my intestines I can feel the trip start to take hold. Cactus is not just a psychedelic trip, it's verrrrrrry intoxicating/euphoric, it's almost more like a roll. I guess all those extra alkaloids in the cactus make me super stoned and give me the munchies. This is with San Pedro, I have no experience with Peruvian Torch.

Usually it's not a matter of how much cactus you have, it's a matter of how much cactus you can stomach.

EDIT: To make the resin simmer it down to barely any liquid and turn the heat as low as it will go. This won't work on a gas stove, you'll just burn it.

Thanks for the responses.
i think you have way more than enough, start slow, im not sure how strong your cactus is, and the strength is highly variable, so im gonna recommmend starting with 5-10 grams and see how you react, it takes like 4 fucking hours to kick in totallly, and then it lasts all day, so no need to worry about it wearing off
5-10 grams sounds low to me, but I've heard a lot of different things. I think I'm going to try and grind down the cactus chips as finely as I can and split the total amount 2 or 3 ways, put it into either ice cream or a smoothie with ginger, maybe I'll have some tea with this too?

Last time I ate 60 grams I felt almost nothing. Peruvian torch is highly unpredictable.

I have tried 25 -30 grams to start with to see how potent your chips are, after the initial test you decide how much more or less you need. Have had great experiences with less and no effects with more... It all depends on what you got!