• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Prometheus (aka Alien prequel)

smackcraft

Bluelighter
So indeed we have Ridley Scott back at the helm of the Acid for blood face hugging chest bursters that he created back in 79 and started the franchise of some good and bad things to follow from the well known creature we have seen battle with the also popular Predator

Its great to have Ridley back after some disappointing things like AVP and Alien 4 which were just god damn awful .. i think James Cameron summed it up here with only a few words http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnS7CGWNmU

I would of been happy either way if it was James Cameron or Ridley Scott that were back in the directing chair but i think Ridley will do a better job because of his long term relations with Fox who have already been trying to interfear with Scotts plans for the film with ridiculous demands like making the film a PG-13 just so more people can view it in the cinema ,, really Fox can you see people being happy with an Alien film with a PG-13 rating dear god they never learn do they

Recently, Ridley Scott has been having trouble with the studio over the films budget and rating; Scott wants a $250 million budget along with an R rating, but 20th Century Fox doesn't feel confident about investing so much money in a film that isn't PG-13, and as a result the films production is currently on hiatus. Rumour has it Scott is considering casting Män som hatar kvinnor actress Noomi Rapace in the lead role.

The film was first going to be a direct prequel to the Alien movie with a story about the Space Jockey we see in the ship full of eggs on LV-426 and how that ship came to be there waiting for John Hurst to let his curiosity get teh better of him and have an alien rip through his body and it was going to be a 2 part prequel which i was very excited about but as i was checking back at IMDB every so often to hear updates about the film one day when i clicked my saved link to the page it gave me an error stating it was an invalid page which had me worried thinking it was cancelled for some reason and i was right , the sadness and shock that came across me was a horrible feeling because the Alien films are by far my favorite films of all time so finding out there was going to be 2 new films made about them was like finding out speckled doves or china white was at my door step ;) , but after a bit of searching i came across Prometheus which Scott had announced to be the new film he was going to do instead of the harvest script of the Alien prequel , all we know so far is that it is linked to the Alien movies , there will be another female heroin to replace Ripley as she wouldn't of been around at that time but also that there will be the aliens but in a form we wont be recognizable , so it leaves alot to the imagination at this point where as the Alien prequel had the script all over the internet and everyone that was interested in it knew the entire film already so i think its been a smart move of Scott to do what he has and keep the script and other things quiet so that when we finally get to see the film in 2012 we wont know what to expect and it will all be a nice surprise (we hope)

Here is the page at IMDB if you are interested there is some info on the FAQ's and the discussion boards too

FAQ's : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/faq

Main Page : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/

Discussion Board :http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/board/

So are you excited about this and will you be going to see it ?

(i wanted to add a poll on this but no options to do so that i can see ?)

Polls can only be made by a mod. They're generally only used to rate your opinion of how much you liked or disliked the movie. This movie hasn't even started filming as far as I know. There's plenty of time for a poll in this thread's future.

I'm very interested in seeing this, even though it will most likely be disappointing.

Ridley Scott has produced mostly garbage since the early 90s. He made a string of good films in the 80s and then his work rapidly turned to shit. The same thing goes for James Cameron. Neither of them have made a good film for over fifteen years.

A prequel to Alien makes as much sense to me as a prequel to Planet of the Apes or a prequel to Bladerunner, which are both in the works. None of the films warrant a back story. What happens before the narrative of Alien or Bladerunner is completely irrelevant. I really don't see what they could possibly do with either film, especially the Alien prequel. They can't cast someone as a younger version of Ripley because she hasn't encountered the aliens before the first film. So Ripley isn't going to be in it. I guess they could reboot the series with another protagonist, but what's the fucking point? Hasn't it been done to death?

The first time I saw that spidery thing clamp onto someone's face it was incredible. Since then, they've just repeated the same shit film after film. What is left for a prequel: Another female lead to replace Ripley and more Aliens.

there will be the aliens but in a form we wont be recognizable , so it leaves alot to the imagination

^Oh, but wait. They're going to be different aliens this time for some inexplicable reason. Maybe they'll be wearing disguises. Maybe they'll be able to fly or turn themselves inside out.

Personally, I couldn't give a fuck.

I'm very interested in seeing this, even though it will most likely be disappointing.

I think it will be great to see how exactly these creatures came in to the form we see them as when riply encounters them because as i said they will be unrecognizable from what we have seen in any of the films

When i watch the Alien films i always think about where they came from and all that kind of things , how the ship with the space jockey got there, what were they doing with the eggs and who are these space jockey race

I dont usually get that kind of thinking from other movies with alien races in them but this one just fascinates me so much :)