• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids prometh w/codeine questions

pointlesscheese

Greenlighter
Hey everybody. i am soon planning on trying some sizzurp for the first time and have a few questions.
i have a bottle of "Generic Phenergan" with promethazine and codeine. ive been told there are some brands out there using additives to discourage abuse and since i can't find much online about it i was wondering if this was a brand i should avoid.:?
next, is there anything i shouldn't take while under the influence of the drank? i know alcohol can be a dangerous combination, but what other substances should i avoid?
thanks

Medicines are required by law to state their active ingredients on the outside of the packaging, so all of the information you might need in regard to the syrup's psychoactive/medicinal contents should not be hard to find.

I can say that the typical contents of prescription Codeine syrup in the United States are Promethazine and Codeine. In higher doses, antihistamines including Promethazine (Phenergan) can cause excessive sedation and bodily discomfort, but nothing severe, unless of course, you're taking very large doses, in which case hallucinations and delirium may occur.

I'm going to guess that you have a relatively low tolerance to Opioids considering that you're using Codeine recreationally and it's a relatively weak Opioid, so you should exercise caution when combining it or any other Opioid for that matter, with other Central Nervous System depressants. CNS depressants include but are not limited to, ethanol, benzodiazepines - Alprazolam (Xanax) Clonazepam (Klonopin) Diazepam (Valium) etc., barbiturates - Phenobarbital (Luminol) Butalbital (Fioricet/Fiorinal) Secobarbital (Seconal) etc.

Combining Codeine with any of the above mentioned CNS depressants can cause death through respiratory depression, so be extremely careful.