Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Proglumide in Australia

opi8

Bluelighter
From my quick research (basically skimming wikipedia) it's been replaced by other drugs, but I'm very interested in its ability to reduce tolerance to opiods.

I have a history of stomach ulcers and gastric reflux problems, I always have a spare prescription for Somac (pantoprazole) lying around. Would proglumide be considered as an alternative for this kind of thing or is it now obsolete?

Never seen/heard of it around Aus.. don't think it's used. Sounds interesting though :)

Its been around for a while. Im was turned onto it a while back by a few threads which cropped up on the topic of tolerance reduction. Never been able to find any anywhere (from a reliable supplier not based in a chem warehouse in China). Nearest I could find was indomethacin which is a low down dirty drug if ever there was one. Its a mu agonist too so its got some analgesic properties. I think its mech. is via reducing Cholecsytokinin levels which are part of the tolerance problems. NMDA antagonists + Uld Naltrexone + Proglumide could potentially prevent tolerance from developing at all - its a shitty pipe dream tho if im honest - you can only stave off the inevitable for so long

Hey I remember reading somewhere that its neurotoxic and can literally strip the GI tract lining like turpentine - cheers for the link itoo m checking that out now, s'got some really useful info.

^ I can't be bothered doing much reading now but what I quickly looked at showed that proglumide exacerbated the neurotoxicity of experimental agents in rats. So perhaps not a good idea to mix it with potentially neurotoxic substances.

As for stripping the GI tract, I don't think that's true; it used to be used to treat gastric ulcers by decreasing gastric secretions. Damaging the mucosa would seem counter productive if that were true.

MXE seems to lower opiate tolerance quite drastically for me. I will be experimenting with this more some time in the next few months

Nice its an NMDA antagonist so it would definitely have that effect. DXM ketamine Memantine and nitrous have similar effects. Whooopeeee for Whippets!