• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Priapism during opioid withdrawal

MDPV_Psychosis

Bluelighter
WebMD defines priapism as follows:

WebMD said:
an erection that lasts for more than 4 hours, is usually painful, and may happen without sexual arousal.

Is there a link between opioid withdrawal and priapism? I am not talking about the increase in libido that occurs either.

I have been tapering off opioids for a very long time using Kratom during the day and small doses of Tianeptine during the night. I stalled my taper for the last few months but just very recently started tapering again.

With the most recent drop I have been experiencing persistent night erections. They seem to start as soon as I enter REM and tend to last all night (or at least it seems to, it's difficult to say). They don't always go away when I wake up either.

This morning it was quite painful. I'm pretty sure it started as soon as I fell asleep last night. I was prepared to go to the ER but it finally went away about an hour and a half after waking up. I had to lay down and do deep breathing exercises and I suppose the relaxation helped enough.

Masturbation doesn't help me when this happens, by the way, as I'm sure somebody will suggest it.

I'm worried this will only get worse and I will have to go to the ER at some point.

Is it possible this is related to my dose reduction? The timing would suggest so but I've searched around and cannot find much correlation.

I would just make an appointment to see a doctor. Long lasting erections like that could cause some permanent damage down there. No guy wants ED amiright?

My plan is to see a doctor early next week if it doesn't stop happening. I just hope I don't have to go to the ER before then.

I'm honestly scared and embarrassed to see a doctor or go the ER but I'll get over it and bite the bullet.

I'm just hoping it's just a strange symptom of tapering that will disappear soon.

if it lasts more than 4 hours, go to the ER.

That's been my plan.

I was about to go to the ER today but decided to try laying down and do deep breathing as a last ditch effort before going. Fortunately it worked. Thank God too because it was getting painful.

They are starting in the middle of the night while I'm asleep so I'm unsure of how long it's been by the time I wake up since Im only partially conscious of it happening until then. If it happens again I'll be prepared to go the ER within a couple hours of waking.

"if i have an erection lasting longer than 4 hours, im' not going to the hospital...I'm going to a prostitute" chris rock

In rehabs I definitely had a dick issue haha. It wasn't for Muiltple hours on in but annoying to the point I wouldn't wanna go outta the room for meds or groups.

I remember roommates laughing about walking out to get meds pitching tents. Basically what I'm saying is it's pretty normal especially after a long time on opiates but if you've steadily had your shit up 4hours go to the hospital. May be annoying or embarrassing but you don't wanna ruin your goods man.