• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Press going after Gabapentin now

Coolwhip

Bluelighter
Too tired right now to express my thoughts on this, other than how disugsted I am by the ignorance expressed by this author, maybe he should do a little more research before writing shit like this when he is on a platform which garners him as much influence as Stateline and The Huffington Post(who also ran the article) does. I feel like I would be preaching to the choir anyways. Maybe when I have a day off I will try to get his email address and correct some of these falsehoods and give him a little more insight into how Gabapentin is actually employed by drug addicts and the amount of damage he could be doing by demonizing it.

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc.../content=59fe81ce-f007-4fa1-a82e-a1579d6643bd

I swear, if this continues and makes a gabapentin script harder to get, especially for those struggling with opioid addiction...

It's absolutely ridiculous the media is pushing this trash on to the public. Gabapentin is only abusable if you take a ridiculous amount in my experience. I am prescribed gabapentin and the only complaint I have is coming off of it after being on it a while is hell for a large group of people. I take it for It's anticonvulsive benefits to deal with epilepsy. Not only is it a godsend to opiate addicts but benzo addicts as well. With this being labeled as a recreational drug not only will it be difficult to get a prescription but it will no longer be easily obtainable on the clear net from online pharmacies.

journalists are people that don't know a goddamn thing, writing about those things instead of an expert that should be. Unfortunately people believe them.