Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Preparing ketamine for intranasal spray at home

chydorina

Greenlighter
Hi all,
I have been using 100mg/ml ketamine intranasal spray prescribed for pain and made by a compounding pharmacy. I am in the process of DIY and purchased 1 gram of ketamine crystals. I am a bit confused about the process of preparation for the spray and the right dose. Can anyone provide instructions and suggestions for dosing given that I do not know what the actual strength of the crystals would be?

My recipe would be 1. grind crystals, 2. mix powder w/saline.....BUT I am pretty sure there is more to it than this...such as heating the saline? and if yes, how....in the microwave?
I want micro-doses essentially, currently spray 6 times a day.

If I wanted a bit of a bigger dose what is the best ROA? IM? If yes, how do you get the crystals into a injectable form?
Thanks in advance and sorry for the beginner question.

Yeah well it does make sense if it is actually a form of volumetric measurement for lack of a good milligram scale. If you want to microdose this way indeed you would need either the precise scale or the volumetric measurement through sprays.

I don't know if regular concentration 0.9% saline is great for nasal sprays like it is for IV (it's not tho), but yes you might need to warm up the saline a bit to dissolve the K. The microwave may seem most simple but you should definitely monitor for boiling which can happen rather suddenly. Better is to just double boil and you don't need that much heating either probably. Just some time and warmth not boiling.

Use the psychedelic index at the top of the page to go to the central ketamine thread and from there to the IM ketamine subtread, or use the search engine on those terms. Cause i have explained how to do that stuff before in such threads. Yes IM is a great way for bigger dosages but it does come with some issues like needing the 0.2 micron filters and rubber stop vials to have a sterile solution.

Just to test out the experience at higher dosages I agree with trogere to just snort it.

If you want to use it for depression I am not sure if it is such a good idea to combine microdoses (like proper ket therapy) with higher dosages like psychedelic therapy, in the same period of time. The higher dosages may have a bad influence on your ability to benefit from microdoses.