• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin

opiofr3k

Bluelighter
Hi! I'm on preg for about 4 months (had previuous runs before) and i was taking one capsule 300mg for my PTSD (self medication). I've just got from friend hundreds of 25mg capsules. I would love to get of that shit cause im tired being depended from that shit almost everyday. Never took more then 600mg a day and never higher single dose than 300mg. Second that I'm on 225mg at morning. My question is, should i stick with only morning dose and cut it from there or split it for example 3x 75mg per day etc. Usually i have a good sleep but got in emergency 30x 10mg diazepam and 7x 2mg clonazepam to put me a sleep, mirtazapine aswell. Any advice? stick to that plan or adjust the taper scheme? after weekend i would love to drop to 150mg a day. Any advice pls. Im tired of this GABAetics, i've lost joy from doing many things that i like cause i can't feel full hapinness, just something between.

Hi! I'm on preg for about 4 months (had previuous runs before) and i was taking one capsule 300mg for my PTSD (self medication). I've just got from friend hundreds of 25mg capsules. I would love to get of that shit cause im tired being depended from that shit almost everyday. Never took more then 600mg a day and never higher single dose than 300mg. Second that I'm on 225mg at morning. My question is, should i stick with only morning dose and cut it from there or split it for example 3x 75mg per day etc. Usually i have a good sleep but got in emergency 30x 10mg diazepam and 7x 2mg clonazepam to put me a sleep, mirtazapine aswell. Any advice? stick to that plan or adjust the taper scheme? after weekend i would love to drop to 150mg a day. Any advice pls. Im tired of this GABAetics, i've lost joy from doing many things that i like cause i can't feel full hapinness, just something between.

If you are sleeping fine I'd stick with your current once a day regime.

Sometimes taking something multiple times a day in divided doses can make a dependency even more entrenched because it creates a more consistent round-the-clock blood level (especially when one is used to taking said substance only once a day). I'd retain your current dosing and just taper down. If you have trouble sleeping you might have to split up the dosing eventually however.

Any advice pls. Im tired of this GABAetics, i've lost joy from doing many things that i like cause i can't feel full hapinness, just something between.

This definitely happened to me with pregabalin too. Puts you in a weird limbo state where nothing matters.

Thanks bro, im atm at 175mg, except sweating and small anxiety it's fine, I stick to morning dose and i will cut every few days by 25mg. I'll keep benzo's for after treatment cause now it's like russian roulette. Thanks for advice, i owe u.

I never used Preg, but I've been on Gabapentin for awhile but never a particularly high dose, though occasionally I'd stagger to like 1200mg or something. It's bioavailability is so much more poor that you have to do this to get a maximized medicated feeling, waiting 40 minutes about between 300mg at a time.

I was offered to try this one instead but I didn't want to. I also have PTSD and anxiety issues. I'm glad I turned it down, though getting off Gabapentin has not been easy at all. I just get stuck around 3-400mg, was on 600, moved to 900 though as mentioned I'd stagger higher doses sometimes, when I took 900 I'd often just take 1200. Getting off this last 300mg or so has not been easy.

It's good you have some benzos to help but just don't end up dependent on those as a trade-off. I'd ended up having to increase my gabapentin doses a lot a week or so ago because I've been on valium for awhile and my doctor didn't re-fill the script for 5 days. I probably hadn't seen the worst of the withdrawals, I take 15mg on average, but the gabapentin withdrawals have been much worse with restless legs and shit. So it seems like gabapentin withdrawal is worse for me overall, but with Valium having a 2 day half life I'd maybe only flushed 40% of it out of my system or something.

Reducing to 25mg however from 300-600 seems like it could be bad though. I mean the benzos might help you, I don't know how often you've used benzos. If not often you may come to like them a lot. Personally THC is the best for me but it exacerbates chronic tinnitus so I can't just get high all the time. It's not like I can function that well high either, I can function on some Valium except for the beginning when I'd just fall asleep so easily. Not sure what your benzo tolerance is like either.

You'll very likely find reducing that drastically to be difficult. I'd personally say gradually reduce to see just how bad it can get before you end up using the benzos. Even with Gabapentin, going from 600 to 300 was like woah, I feel like shit, and that's like going from I don't know, 75mg preg to 37mg?

Hope you get through it well. I always imagined I'd more easier become depending on this one because it seems to use it recreationally. That's hard to do with Gabapentin, I've only done it as a result a handful of times. But I remember the first time I did 900mg, I was so messed up. So knowing Preg could get me as messed up easier or more messed up I wanted to stay away from it.

Good luck. Look for some magnesium glycinate, too. It'll definitely help you sleep better, just don't take it within 2 hours of the magnesium because it reduces absorption. So I'd say take it, then the preg shortly before bed. Oh yeah, kava is pretty great too if you don't want something very habit forming that's great for anxiety, depression, mood, sleep. I mean I guess you could get mentally addicted to it but its not physically addicting, no tolerance or withdrawals. Kind of sounds too good to be true but you have to bear drinking what tastes like really old shoes lol.

As with all topics - it seems - there are some who have no withdrawals whatsoever on pregabalin and some who do. Even gabapentin. I am not one of those.
Pregabalin withdrawal is a very dark place for me. Gabapentin not so bad depending on intake.
Heavy bezodiazepine withdrawal I would rate first on the list maybe its the experiences with them idk... seems to take a bit away evry time I have suddenly quit. The only way to beat them some bitches is guts, a plan and lots of patience. Maybe there is a magic bullet out there just havent had it.
So we all know the dangers of bezodiaepines and what hey can lead to so wont hold forth on that. Moderation when ya can and as needed. ;)

I've been having financial issues since I started pregabalin. Makes me spend money carelessly. I've been gaining weight, because I buy so much sweets, hamburgers and such.
hate to double post by i get the same.
its like a night out drikin thing guess they close in action.
makes me feel like a had a few stiff ones but the danger is not there if i stay my ass at home.
i do enjoy the occasional pregabalin "experience".
ha
peace

As with all topics - it seems - there are some who have no withdrawals whatsoever on pregabalin and some who do. Even gabapentin. I am not one of those.
Pregabalin withdrawal is a very dark place for me. Gabapentin not so bad depending on intake.
Heavy bezodiazepine withdrawal I would rate first on the list maybe its the experiences with them idk... seems to take a bit away evry time I have suddenly quit. The only way to beat them some bitches is guts, a plan and lots of patience. Maybe there is a magic bullet out there just havent had it.
So we all know the dangers of bezodiaepines and what hey can lead to so wont hold forth on that. Moderation when ya can and as needed. ;)
I know someone can do it fo months and months high doses like me he quits nothing while i quit i ry to kill myself worse rattle i had much worse then heroin

I know someone can do it fo months and months high doses like me he quits nothing while i quit i ry to kill myself worse rattle i had much worse then heroin
I know some in physical that have like experiences regarding coming off too quickly. I dont know why i feel the need to say this but they are veterans. Maybe theres a connection. Fuck IDK when we get started talking brain surgery..
Maybe its the only people I really talk to..... Like yall; my mf peers. <3

I know some in physical that have like experiences regarding coming off too quickly. I dont know why i feel the need to say this but they are veterans. Maybe theres a connection. Fuck IDK when we get started talking brain surgery..
Maybe its the only people I really talk to..... Like yall; my mf peers. <3
Pregabs are weird drug some no wd some no high me i get great euphoric high and a bad ratle . This the only place i open up we all got problems here but we all want to help othersw we aint just heartless junkies

Forgot to mention, although I never really gained a lot of weight I too noticed Gabapentin would make me fiercely hungry, I'd imagine that's more pronounced on Preg. But I don't know if they're essentially the exact same drug and Gaba is just the crappier version or made to have effects like preg but less debilitating. There are conversion charts though which make me believe the only difference really is bioavailability. Does it have a minimum kinda dose and stagger process like Gabapentin does?

I think you should be good. Keep posting updates on your doses, if this reduction is too much and you end up reliant on benzos to get through. They'll help, but gabapentin isn't a benzo so you can still feel some withdrawals from it even on them, likely not many though. I just feel like going from 300-600 (unsure how often you did 600) from 25 is just going to lead you to use most of your benzos in no time, which is why I really think going down to say, 125, 150 or something would be better. But you can see how 25 does for you alone, if it's too hard, just increase the dose a bit and taper. Dipping it so much I just don't think will end well without having to abuse the benzos which could come in handy later on when you do get lower on the Preg.

Forgot to mention, although I never really gained a lot of weight I too noticed Gabapentin would make me fiercely hungry, I'd imagine that's more pronounced on Preg. But I don't know if they're essentially the exact same drug and Gaba is just the crappier version or made to have effects like preg but less debilitating. There are conversion charts though which make me believe the only difference really is bioavailability. Does it have a minimum kinda dose and stagger process like Gabapentin does?

I think you should be good. Keep posting updates on your doses, if this reduction is too much and you end up reliant on benzos to get through. They'll help, but gabapentin isn't a benzo so you can still feel some withdrawals from it even on them, likely not many though. I just feel like going from 300-600 (unsure how often you did 600) from 25 is just going to lead you to use most of your benzos in no time, which is why I really think going down to say, 125, 150 or something would be better. But you can see how 25 does for you alone, if it's too hard, just increase the dose a bit and taper. Dipping it so much I just don't think will end well without having to abuse the benzos which could come in handy later on when you do get lower on the Preg.Pregabs and gabapentin give you the munchie its just like weed learn to contri

I think you should be good. Keep posting updates on your doses, if this reduction is too much and you end up reliant on benzos to get through. They'll help, but gabapentin isn't a benzo so you can still feel some withdrawals from it even on them, likely not many though. I just feel like going from 300-600 (unsure how often you did 600) from 25 is just going to lead you to use most of your benzos in no time, which is why I really think going down to say, 125, 150 or something would be better. But you can see how 25 does for you alone, if it's too hard, just increase the dose a bit and taper. Dipping it so much I just don't think will end well without having to abuse the benzos which could come in handy later on when you do get lower on the Preg.
Its like weed once you start eating it is insane i have a problem with coca cola on it il drink 12 to 15 cans in a day taste so fucking goos my brother

I'm not on 25mg, im at 150mg in one morning dose atm. It's no great but not so bad. 25mg are capsules that i've got for tapering, got still 2 full boxes 56 on one and 86 in second + few strips. 600mg i've never tooked longer then few days in a row. Mainly for last months I was on 300mg at morning, for sleep i had mirtazapine (still got full box) and once in a month some time's twice for 3-4 days anpther 6--mg before sleep. Never took in my life more than 600mg a day and 300mg in one dose. But my story with pregabalin reach since covid times. I didn't took em always but if i didn't take pregabalin i was taking something else, like a substitute. I tough pregabalin is like a magic antidote but it can easily become poison. And withdrawals physically for me are not a nightmare, been there done that with worse substance's going cold turkey. It's all about my mind.

Apparently I read 225 as 25, I could've sworn it said 25. You probably won't need most of the benzos if you taper it well enough then, but at least you have them.