• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin tolerance Safety

KirkhamBadMan

Bluelighter
As im allready very aware how quickly pregab tolerance can build up i was wondering if i was to have a relapse how quick does that tolerance go back down ive nearly done 4 days since my last doseage id useully use 1200mg daily

1200mg is a lot. As far as tolerance goes, it depends on how long you've been taking it.

1200mg is still a lot with a tolerance, maybe start with 300mg and redose if you feel like you need to (lyrica is pretty good about redosing).

You can always take more, friend; you can never untake drugs though.

Probably been around 6months ive done the whole EOD or somtimes Every fourth day but yeah i take your advise in the redose thing thankyou

I havent been on lyrica for awile but i am on gaba now. I was off gabapentin for about a year and my tolerance still didnt go back to zero

I've taken a lot of gabapentin (prescribed @2400mg/day for 10+ years off and on) and a fair amount of pregabalin, and gabapentin has 100% lost all of it's magic to me; I take it mostly at prescribed doses for anxiety. Even when I've taken breaks from it, it's nowhere near as good as those first few times, or even first few months; I would have to take upwards of 6g over the course of like 5-6 hours to get any kind of buzz from it these days, unfortunately.

Pregabalin on the the other hand is still a pretty good time at 600mg for me, but still not comparable to the first few times.

I guess to an extent that's every drug right?

Maybe it's because I've been harder on my GABA receptors, but the development of tolerance and "loss of magic" associated with GABAergics compared to other drugs is WILD to me.

Once again, it may be just me. idk

I did 4 days of and was rough as fuck i got 900mg had that and feel good so next tine ill do 600 Mg and keep reducing

You what!!!!!

How are you still alive?
Im also on buvidal 128mg monthly depo and 1200mg was a small dose to me at one point but ive manged to get it down to 900mg and feel nice i was naieve and felt that pregab didnt have a hold of me as ive done bupe rattles etc but once i got to 3 days without PG i realised im habbited up

Not to go off-topic BUT..........what magic did it hold in the first place for you?

It's as "dirty" as DXM.
I used to get a subtle, but nice euphoria from it and a little bit different of a head space.

I know that regardless of how much I take, or how I stagger it, I will never again get that out of it.

I think I get what you're saying with "dirty", especially compared to pregabalin, but DXM has a pretty high affinity for lots of different receptor types/multiple mechinisms of actions and is also highly dose dependent; I think this is generally what is meant by "dirtiness".

Well I genuinely appreciate you asking brother, as opposed to just doing it first and then asking, or not even asking at all like a lot of people would. Smart.

Well I genuinely appreciate you asking brother, as opposed to just doing it first and then asking, or not even asking at all like a lot of people would. Smart.
Yeah man im allways cautions man im so glad i found this website it kinda feels like i got a new family lol

I've been using this website as a resource for a long time and only recently made an account, but you've found a figurative needle in the massive shit covered haystack that is the internet.

Welcome to bluelight.