• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pregabalin side effects

Reminisant B

Greenlighter
We report two patients with refractory epilepsy who developed unilateral painful gynecomastia and lower extremity pain (one of them localized and the other one diffuse), shortly after receiving Pregabalin (PGB). Neither of them had previous endocrinologic problems or complaints about pain on their medical history. PGB was stopped in one patient and reduced in the other one, with complete disparition of the symptoms in the following weeks in both patients. This supports the hypothesis that gynecomastia could be a drug-induced and easy to manage secondary effect of PGB, with a higher incidence than observed on previous clinical trials.

PMID: 16981876 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Pregabalin might cause bitch tits, that sucks (even if it is a small percent)

I found that with chronic use it fucks up your cognitive abilities as much as benzos do. Lots of amnesia, both ante/retrograde (but not simultaneously, at least I hope not! lol).

I got some really horrible side effect(s) last night. Most probably a result of mixing with the following but still was wierd....

Have been taking 50mg promethazine for sleep, codeine and modafinil in the day at low doses. I've been taking those on/off quite a while I guess so it wasn't anything to do with those on their own(as far as I can tell).

Anyway I'm new to pregabalin and was just trying it out last night, 3x150mg doses (one in the day and two at night) just to see what it was like. Just as I was in that kind of half-awake half-asleep phase I got what I would describe as hypnogogia/rigidity/electric shocks in the brain (I remember actually hearing them, although I guess that could be a dream, it felt VERY real though) was far worse than normal hypnogogia (which isn't very fun either)

Hmm not really sure what my point is , although this post might add to the wealth of knowledge that is bluelight.

Cocaine + Modafinil sounds like a good recipe for siezures. I beg you to reconsider your use, no matter at what dose.

One is WELL KNOWN for its epileptic effects. The second seems to have GABA antagonism on its agenda.

SHIT, sorry, for some reason I read "cocaine".

Nevermind then. Still, what you report does not sound pleasant, and if these drugs are prescribed to you by a doctor, I think you ought to tell her/him about it.

Yeah thanks for the concern, wasn't too impressed myself, as you mention anything that involves seizures, psychostimulants and anti-seizure medication can't be good. I shall definately watch out.