• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

pregabalin (lyrica) what's your experience?

narcomick

Bluelighter
Hoping anyone here who's taken/is taking pregabalin can shed some light on its more obscure effects. I am expecting to be prescribed some soon as an alternative to my benzo and opiate use. I have heard many say it has euphoric, stimulant like and empathogenic properties that feel like mdma, as apposed to the disinhibited/fuzzy benzo or opiate euphoria, and that it can produce mild psychedelic effects, which one erowid user compared to a low dose of peyote I wouldn't be surprised at this as it's sister drug gabapentin is known to act like a classical dissociative at high doses. Does lyrica give you any effects one would accociate with psychs? Or is this the exception to the norm? Would highly appriciate input from anyone who's had experience with this substance. :)

Hi, long time user of benzodiazepines and Morphine for anxiety and pain relief. Recently prescribed 450-600mg of Lyrica a day and have to say for me they are like some kind of miracle drug. Better for pain relief awesome for social anxiety and at recreational dosages....well it just gets better.
I've heard it compared to MDMA in some threads, and I have to agree.
The only thing is your body gets used to high doses very quickly, and the euphoria can then be hard to chase. Also I think it can be common for some individuals to be unable to feel any benefit from this drug. But for me I have to say I love it for all its qualities, I just try to keep regular dosage as low as possible so I can then appreciate a nice high one, which I also take my regular diazepam and Morphine with. I can confirm that it is highly addictive, but being dependent on others for so long it's not something I am concerned with....but you should just be aware. Hope this helps somewhat. Loads of info on here, regarding dosage etc.
Peace

Thanks for your reply! I'd say I'm in a similar situation, already addicted to other drugs so I'm not concerned particularly, as reducing anxiety is more important to me right now than avoiding addiction, although I will either use a very low dose or only use a few days a week, I was thinking the three days I'm at college to help with anxiety, glad to hear it helps you! Just wondering how long did it take you to build a tolerence? And did all the effects decrease or is it just the euphoria? Thanks.

Hey there,
As I mentioned unfortunately it apparently can have no effect on some individuals, but others like myself can experience it in several different ways. Your asking me if it helps with anxiety and personally I have to say yes, massively, especially social. I again can only say from my personal use that at sensible regular levels it remains highly effective, it's when you continue to take huge levels to get high that it quickly becomes harder to feel that high...(sorry bad grammar)
So yes for me it has been a godsend for my social anxiety, I hope it can help you in the same way. Peace