• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Pregabalin + diazepam

Spurs_1882

Bluelighter
I'm prescribed pregabalin for anxiety but I worry about having a panic attack despite this. I also have some diazepam prescribed to me previously.

If necessary, would it be safe to take 5mg diazepam on top of 150-200mg pregabalin? Bear in mind I have some kind of tolerance to pregabalin, I normally take 100mg per day but on some days take more (for work).

I'm pretty sure it would be okay, I've taken 2mg diazepam with 150mg preg before and been fine, but just thought I'd ask, as there's a lack of information out there. Asked my GP and she just said try not to take them together, that's all well and good but it's hard if you're in the middle of a panic attack.

I'm prescribed pregabalin for anxiety but I worry about having a panic attack despite this. I also have some diazepam prescribed to me previously.

If necessary, would it be safe to take 5mg diazepam on top of 150-200mg pregabalin? Bear in mind I have some kind of tolerance to pregabalin, I normally take 100mg per day but on some days take more (for work).

I'm pretty sure it would be okay, I've taken 2mg diazepam with 150mg preg before and been fine, but just thought I'd ask, as there's a lack of information out there. Asked my GP and she just said try not to take them together, that's all well and good but it's hard if you're in the middle of a panic attack.
Unless you have some underlying dangerous medical condition then your doses of Diazepam and Pregabalin should be perfectly safe.

My GP here in the UK used to prescribe me 30mg Diazepam & 600mg Pregabalin per day and I was perfectly fine. Sounds to me that you have a super low tolerance, so my advice would be to keep it that way and take the minimum amount of medication to control your illness.

Both Diazepam & Pregabalin are extremely effective if used in sensible doses as infrequently as possible.

I'm not suprised by what your GP had to say. Most experiences I've had with GP's in the UK is that they are as much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to mental health issues/medication.

All the best.

Although you should listen to your dr, sometimes they say shit, just to say shit, it seems. There shouldn't be any interactions between the two, and little to no adverse effects. So if you're having a panic attack, you'll be safe to consume your diazepam.

- Hopeless Soul

I have been prescribed 3mg of Klonopin and 300 mg of Lyrica for years and haven't had a problem. I checked with my PM doc and my Psyc doc who said it wasn't a problem. I usally don't take the at the same time. It would probably just make you more tired. I took them about and hour apart once and it knocked me out, I was able to stay awake but it was tough.

Although you should listen to your dr, sometimes they say shit, just to say shit, it seems. There shouldn't be any interactions between the two, and little to no adverse effects. So if you're having a panic attack, you'll be safe to consume your diazepam.

- Hopeless Soul

I have been prescribed 3mg of Klonopin and 300 mg of Lyrica for years and haven't had a problem. I checked with my PM doc and my Psyc doc who said it wasn't a problem. I usally don't take the at the same time. It would probably just make you more tired. I took them about and hour apart once and it knocked me out, I was able to stay awake but it was tough.
They both work very well together. Pregabalin is a well known all round potentiator, so you should be able to get by on less of one drug than the other as they synergise. Especially Pregabalin with Benzos or Opiates.

Unless you have some underlying dangerous medical condition then your doses of Diazepam and Pregabalin should be perfectly safe.

My GP here in the UK used to prescribe me 30mg Diazepam & 600mg Pregabalin per day and I was perfectly fine. Sounds to me that you have a super low tolerance, so my advice would be to keep it that way and take the minimum amount of medication to control your illness.

Both Diazepam & Pregabalin are extremely effective if used in sensible doses as infrequently as possible.

I'm not suprised by what your GP had to say. Most experiences I've had with GP's in the UK is that they are as much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to mental health issues/medication.

All the best.

Thank you for your response and to everyone else for theirs.

I totally agree about GPs. Psychiatrists are a bit more useful but in some cases I'd still take the word of people on here over them. It's always a different experience taking a drug rather than just prescribing one to other people.

Yes I'm thankful for having a low tolerance, used to have a higher one to diazepam but left it alone for a few years and it went right down (also stopped drinking which helped). I want to keep it that way too, I agree with using the smallest possible amounts.

Cheers.